KSR Gemini Celestion Redbacks SG Fishman Moderns

Gsxrbusa

Not sure if I showed you all this or not? The Celestion Redback is becoming one of my favorite speakers. My all time fav is the 75w Creamback but this speaker is a really close second. Really even across the board as far as frequencies are concerned. Doesn’t have the mid honk and super high trebly bullshit like the V30. Isn’t nasally midscooped like the G12T-75 or 100. Not too dark, not too bright. It’s really damn good for what I do. I’ve recently put these in an X pattern with a 75w Creamback and it’s fucking killer. Both speakers are 100dB so they pair well together. This clip is all Redback though.

The KSR Gemini is my #1. Love the tone and feel. Brutal as fuck. I have 20 or so amps and this is the top shelf for me. Get one and be happy. :D

Playing a Gibson SG with a Fishman Fluence Modern. Great pickup.

Anyway. Weedly weedly palm chug blah blah.

Love the KSR tone :thumbsup: Good stuff Tom!

Been playing my Ares a lot lately and just fucking love the tone. The mids are were its at for me with this amp. Just fucking vulgar :rock:

MYDEMISE":g6a4s4xu said:

Thank you good sir!

Beyond Black":g6a4s4xu said:
That sounds BEASTLY. :rock:

Thank you brother! Still getting along with that Ares you just got? :)

KrunKGringoeZ":g6a4s4xu said:
Love your clips!

Thank you so much for checking them out! :rock:

MetalHeadMike":g6a4s4xu said:
Love the KSR tone :thumbsup: Good stuff Tom!

Been playing my Ares a lot lately and just fucking love the tone. The mids are were its at for me with this amp. Just fucking vulgar :rock:

Thanks Mike!! Such great amps. Can’t say enough about them.

Deanmachine":g6a4s4xu said:
I got the Redbacks also and love them was very surprised killer playing btw.

Thanks bro! Man, these speakers sound great with about everything. What amp are you using them with?

Awesome man! Hey just curious how often do you have to swap out the batteries with a Fluence pickups?

errrrrl":qbpsukui said:
Awesome man! Hey just curious how often do you have to swap out the batteries with a Fluence pickups?

Thank you my friend! Well, about the same as an EMG. I have the charging pack on a strat and I just ordered one for a Les Paul and a Universal for an SG. I’ll end up putting the charging packs on all my guitars with Fishmans at some point. It’s just easier than a battery. I have yet to recharge my strat and it’s been months. Not that I play it a ton but still. Works great. They say like 300 or so hours on a full charge if I’m not mistaken.

I am loving your Ares videos. Would you say it is possible to dial the Orthos in to have the same evil mids and immediacy of thump as the Ares? Maybe by even running the Orthos at 50 watts by removing the 2 inner tubes? I realize the ohmage drops when removing 2 tubes on a 100 water.

Great video! The Gemini and Artemis really have some great, clear distorted tones.

I do have a question though. Are you planning on doing anymore with the Triamp if you still have it? There's something about that amp that is really starting to catch my ear.

And a vid of the Ampreg VH140C would be awesome too. :D

Swingin' it back to the Redbacks, how do they differ from the H75 when playing such loud and with high gain? I have both and am thinking to mix them together in a 2x12.

garey77":lit3fl8c said:
Fuck dude-sounds sick. Amp settings?

Thanks bro! I'll have to snap a pic and show you.

Beyond Black":lit3fl8c said:
Gsxrbusa":lit3fl8c said:
MYDEMISE":lit3fl8c said:

Thank you good sir!

Beyond Black":lit3fl8c said:
That sounds BEASTLY. :rock:

Thank you brother! Still getting along with that Ares you just got? :)

Absolutely! I fucking love it! It's a little beast! Having a blast with it!

Right on! :rock:

MYDEMISE":lit3fl8c said:
I am loving your Ares videos. Would you say it is possible to dial the Orthos in to have the same evil mids and immediacy of thump as the Ares? Maybe by even running the Orthos at 50 watts by removing the 2 inner tubes? I realize the ohmage drops when removing 2 tubes on a 100 water.

Thanks! Absolutely you get them both really close. My Orthos 2 is 50w and a combo. I feel they sound pretty dang close.

EvilBatman":lit3fl8c said:
Great video! The Gemini and Artemis really have some great, clear distorted tones.

I do have a question though. Are you planning on doing anymore with the Triamp if you still have it? There's something about that amp that is really starting to catch my ear.

And a vid of the Ampreg VH140C would be awesome too. :D

Thanks dude! Like you mean make more Triamp videos? I could do one of the VH140C, no problem. Taking it to band rehearsal this week anyway. :)

Rev":lit3fl8c said:
Sounds great!

Thank you good sir!
'

Junk Yard Dog":lit3fl8c said:
Swingin' it back to the Redbacks, how do they differ from the H75 when playing such loud and with high gain? I have both and am thinking to mix them together in a 2x12.

The cab I have at rehearsal has an X pattern of the RB and the H75. The mix really well together. Probably the best combination of two speakers I have tried together. I also mixed Neo Creambacks with RB and it sounds great but the RB is a louder speaker. H75 and RB is perfect.

Junk Yard Dog":bd4xn7id said:

The cab I have at rehearsal has an X pattern of the RB and the H75. The mix really well together. Probably the best combination of two speakers I have tried together. I also mixed Neo Creambacks with RB and it sounds great but the RB is a louder speaker. H75 and RB is perfect.[/quote]

Awesome! I'll try that pairing in my 2x12 diagonal. If you had to choose one to put in a bigger 1x12 cab (mine's a Voltage and it's badass, not made anymore), to mate with a 50watt modded Marshall amp for metal, which would you choose: Redback or H75?

Cheers!

Junk Yard Dog":26jwwgtr said:
Junk Yard Dog":26jwwgtr said:

The cab I have at rehearsal has an X pattern of the RB and the H75. The mix really well together. Probably the best combination of two speakers I have tried together. I also mixed Neo Creambacks with RB and it sounds great but the RB is a louder speaker. H75 and RB is perfect.

Awesome! I'll try that pairing in my 2x12 diagonal. If you had to choose one to put in a bigger 1x12 cab (mine's a Voltage and it's badass, not made anymore), to mate with a 50watt modded Marshall amp for metal, which would you choose: Redback or H75?

Cheers![/quote]

Damn, tough choice but in a 1X12 I would go Redback. It has more of a metal tone to me and candle handle the big power if you ever decide to use it with a different amp.

I'm using the Redbacks with a Gower modded Jmp it's like Celestion took the best attributes of a few speaker designs and left off all the fizz ...I also use UK Marshall labeled V-30s and g-1265s and have tried the H-75 cream backs,Lynch-backs,T-75s , China v-30 and Scumback H/j s

Gsxrbusa":229wnoga said:
Thanks dude! Like you mean make more Triamp videos? I could do one of the VH140C, no problem. Taking it to band rehearsal this week anyway. :)

Yeah more Triamp videos is what I meant. And thanks for the future Ampeg video! I'm looking forward to it greatly. :rock: :rock:

Back