Cameron Marshall Mod

exo-metal":1bzemv3s said:
Read my post then turn your brain on or leave it off and buy more of his overrated, overpriced shit. It's for people like you, the lame. You need to get that.
Did he touch you in an uncomfortable place? You seem awfully butthurt over being questioned about your little whiny bitch rant.

Jer":3e1rted0 said:
Zackman, how does the amp sound compared to when you owned it?

In general, these clips sound bad to me. Like Josh mentioned, sounds like the amp more than the production because like him or not I believe Reza is good at recording.

The amp sounds very thin and fizzy to me. Not at all like my Cameron LG/HG Jose which has tons of low chunk and blistering leads.

Hard to say... I mean I used the same amp for years, and dialed to taste what I needed and there are a ton of tones in there-- to be had-- depending on what settings, speakers/and cabs (1x12 vs 4x12 etc.), guitar/pickups, and combined w/ other gear to get a net result.

LP Freak":1fmdep71 said:
psychodave":1fmdep71 said:
Beyond Black":1fmdep71 said:
stephen sawall":1fmdep71 said:
Dave's amps sound great to me.
I've got a Friedman modded JMP that I can't take out of the house without someone trying to buy from me.

I’ve heard some great Friedman modded Marshall’s. His amps have that core tone most of us like. I don’t like where he puts the saturation switch, makes the amp dull. I’ve seen a few others say they never use the sat switch. Makes sense.
I’m that guy :D
I'm also that guy. I don't ever use the saturation switch. The HBE has all the gain I need. I actually prefer my modded JMP to the Friedman production amps. I think his amps sound phenomenal, but my JMP still retains some of that vintage Marshall sag and bark. It sounds more like a modded old amp, instead of a newer, modern one.

LP Freak":390shbki said:
Beyond Black":390shbki said:
stephen sawall":390shbki said:
I've got a Friedman modded JMP that I can't take out of the house without someone trying to buy from me.
That amp sucks :LOL: :LOL:
You're right! It sucks so bad that I just wouldn't feel right selling it to anybody, so I guess I'll keep it forever!!! :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Zachman":2ln8zych said:
Jer":2ln8zych said:

In general, these clips sound bad to me. Like Josh mentioned, sounds like the amp more than the production because like him or not I believe Reza is good at recording.

The amp sounds very thin and fizzy to me. Not at all like my Cameron LG/HG Jose which has tons of low chunk and blistering leads.

Hard to say... I mean I used the same amp for years, and dialed to taste what I needed and there are a ton of tones in there-- to be had-- depending on what settings, speakers/and cabs (1x12 vs 4x12 etc.), guitar/pickups, and combined w/ other gear to get a net result.

Sounds tons better than Reza's clips

Beyond Black":3vdazm5h said:
LP Freak":3vdazm5h said:
psychodave":3vdazm5h said:
Beyond Black":3vdazm5h said:
stephen sawall":3vdazm5h said:

I’ve heard some great Friedman modded Marshall’s. His amps have that core tone most of us like. I don’t like where he puts the saturation switch, makes the amp dull. I’ve seen a few others say they never use the sat switch. Makes sense.
I'm also that guy. I don't ever use the saturation switch. The HBE has all the gain I need. I actually prefer my modded JMP to the Friedman production amps. I think his amps sound phenomenal, but my JMP still retains some of that vintage Marshall sag and bark. It sounds more like a modded old amp, instead of a newer, modern one.
I agree, having a vintage donor amp with the mod gives a more raw and organic sound than the production amps. The hbe/be modded 78 slp I used to own didn't even have the sat, fat or c45 switches or any switches on the back (just a depth knob) and I wouldn't have wanted them anyway

If I make a new username Kel-EL34 am I going to get a call from a lawyer? Some people just can't stay away can they? RezaDramaBitch :LOL: :LOL:

scottosan":30qx67am said:
Zachman":30qx67am said:
Jer":30qx67am said:

Sounds tons better than Reza's clips

:dunno: My GF used her iPhone to record those.

braintheory":liazodn8 said:
Beyond Black":liazodn8 said:
LP Freak":liazodn8 said:
psychodave":liazodn8 said:
Beyond Black":liazodn8 said:
stephen sawall":liazodn8 said:

I agree, having a vintage donor amp with the mod gives a more raw and organic sound than the production amps. The hbe/be modded 78 slp I used to own didn't even have the sat, fat or c45 switches or any switches on the back (just a depth knob) and I wouldn't have wanted them anyway
Truth. I've had 2 BE100s and 3 Friedman Marshalls, and they were all just too smooth to me..I couldn't get the rawness/raunch that I like out of a stock Marshall with them. Cameron's have that rawness, and also smooth if you'd like. At least the 5 that I've owned.
The one that got away was the first one I bought, before I was a member here. It was a 2203x that he did a modern mod to....unreal amp. But I paid 1300 for it and GAS got the better of me...I believe a RTer owns it now and he ain't selling...
:cry:

Racerxrated":1h9o9fqk said:
braintheory":1h9o9fqk said:
Beyond Black":1h9o9fqk said:
LP Freak":1h9o9fqk said:
psychodave":1h9o9fqk said:
Beyond Black":1h9o9fqk said:
stephen sawall":1h9o9fqk said:

Truth. I've had 2 BE100s and 3 Friedman Marshalls, and they were all just too smooth to me..I couldn't get the rawness/raunch that I like out of a stock Marshall with them. Cameron's have that rawness, and also smooth if you'd like. At least the 5 that I've owned.
The one that got away was the first one I bought, before I was a member here. It was a 2203x that he did a modern mod to....unreal amp. But I paid 1300 for it and GAS got the better of me...I believe a RTer owns it now and he ain't selling...

nope - ain't selling :rock:

thenine":3eejj2r6 said:
Racerxrated":3eejj2r6 said:
braintheory":3eejj2r6 said:
Beyond Black":3eejj2r6 said:
LP Freak":3eejj2r6 said:
psychodave":3eejj2r6 said:
Beyond Black":3eejj2r6 said:
stephen sawall":3eejj2r6 said:

nope - ain't selling :rock:
:rock: Give me a shout if you ever do!!

It's got gobs of gain but for my liking, too much. As has been said countless times, Cameron himself said a Boss SD-1 pushing a Marshall rivals his own mods so I still think a MArshall with a few tweaks or even stock with a good OD in front is a purer tone than zeners or resistor changes which end up jacking the gain and making the amp sound fizzy. I much prefer the 4-6 preamp tube model for more gain over a more transistor sounding gain.

That said it is a close mic'd clip... of course in the room everything sounds more like the player vs. the amp. I mean all you shitty players will still suck with the best Cameron or Friedman and Paul Gilbert sounds better than anything on this thread with 3 stacked budget overdrives. I don't get why everyone gets so worked up over these threads. There is something that i don't like about the compression of Friedman's amps but if someone gave me one I sure as hell could dial it in to where I got to like it.

Kapo_Polenton":2et6su27 said:
It's got gobs of gain but for my liking, too much. As has been said countless times, Cameron himself said a Boss SD-1 pushing a Marshall rivals his own mods so I still think a MArshall with a few tweaks or even stock with a good OD in front is a purer tone than zeners or resistor changes which end up jacking the gain and making the amp sound fizzy. I much prefer the 4-6 preamp tube model for more gain over a more transistor sounding gain.

That said it is a close mic'd clip... of course in the room everything sounds more like the player vs. the amp. I mean all you shitty players will still suck with the best Cameron or Friedman and Paul Gilbert sounds better than anything on this thread with 3 stacked budget overdrives. I don't get why everyone gets so worked up over these threads. There is something that i don't like about the compression of Friedman's amps but if someone gave me one I sure as hell could dial it in to where I got to like it.
Who you calling a shitty player? :boxer: :boxer:

LP Freak":us7s2lnn said:
Kapo_Polenton":us7s2lnn said:

Who you calling a shitty player? :boxer: :boxer:

Said generally ..not specific to anyone. I should perhaps of said, all of us shitty players. :D

Reza sounds like a librarian with stick up his ass. The amp sounds like a bag of dicks and Cameron can go **** himself.

Reza, a bag of dicks, and Cameron. I see the connection.

dooredge":3glyzcie said:
Reza sounds like a librarian with stick up his ass. The amp sounds like a bag of dicks and Cameron can go **** himself.

Reza, a bag of dicks, and Cameron. I see the connection.

More like an av/comic geek with a superman statue firmly implanted.

The Cameron connection needs about .5 kg of Columbia's finest and a dozen Mama Celeste frozen pizzas... then maybe you will be deemed worthy. No promises though.

Zachman":399w5doy said:
Jer":399w5doy said:

Dude those clips are awesome. The singer is amazing. Are those your songs or covers? Don’t know them. You have any released cd?

(Sorry for going off topic, but the threat is off anyhow and the clips are great ;) )

Back