Koch powertone ii or Diamond spitfire ii

rebornself27

Hello good folks I'm in a position to buy a Koch powertone 2 head or Diamond spitfire 2.which works best for low tunnings.typical metal music style.looking for hot rodded marshall 800 tones with a modern touch tight and dynamic.which amps suits this style more
Any info would be most appreciated

rebornself27":l19douas said:
How about the decada

not too familiar with that one , do they even make them anymore .

from my understanding it was more like a voxy clean and a Bogner XTC overdrive , thicker darker than the others

The Phnatom is probably the most JCM800d on steroids IIRC

Koch has the marshall thing down. I dont know THAT diamond but never heard one that wasnt “bees in jar”. Sceptical of the diamond.

moltenmetalburn":3k993ver said:
Koch has the marshall thing down. I dont know THAT diamond but never heard one that wasnt “bees in jar”. Sceptical of the diamond.

This. I had several diamond heads and didn't dig them at all.

rebornself27":32d1wero said:
Hello good folks I'm in a position to buy a Koch powertone 2 head or Diamond spitfire 2.which works best for low tunnings.typical metal music style.looking for hot rodded marshall 800 tones with a modern touch tight and dynamic.which amps suits this style more
Any info would be most appreciated

Have been playing Koch for 6 years. Had a Koch Powertone II, switched to a Diezel Einstein and sold it to go to Koch Powertone III.

Koch amps are very reliable and great all-in-one amps. I rarely had a gig or studio job where I'd use the Koch and someone would come to me complimenting on my sound. I strongly advise buying this one.

Back