solved

mooncobra

UPDATE: So before messing with the truss rod, I decided to try what a member suggested, putting the strings on, tuning up, and letting it sit for a few days. I let it sit, didn't look at it every few hours and forced myself to be patient. After a few days, I checked it out, and low and behold, back to normal. THANKS GUYS!

If it's a back bow, it may settle once it's back under tension for a while.
If you mean the action is now too high - you have an issue

Wayniac3":1ajpj1ni said:
If it's a back bow, it may settle once it's back under tension for a while.
If you mean the action is now too high - you have an issue

Definitely a back bow. I have the strings on it.

If its buzzing or the strings are touching the frets like yours then loosen it. If the string are super high then tighten it. Left loosen and right to tighten

Metlupass2":36xjyqbf said:
If its buzzing or the strings are touching the frets like yours then loosen it. If the string are super high then tighten it. Left loosen and right to tighten
Yes lefty loose applies here but this is if you are looking down the neck from behind the headstock. If you have it in playin position then down towards the floor to loosen and up towards you to tighten. Don't go buck wild with it. 1/4 to 1/2 turn.

Metlupass2":czby0175 said:
Yes lefty loose applies here but this is if you are looking down the neck from behind the headstock. If you have it in playin position then down towards the floor to loosen and up towards you to tighten. Don't go buck wild with it. 1/4 to 1/2 turn.

It’s now junk. Send it to me for proper disposal. All kidding aside, with all the guitars you’ve had, you’ve never had to tweak a truss rod? That’s amazing. I get so picky about my setups that I’m always messing with my guitars to keep them perfect. Hope it works out for you

cecilbag":3qwybz7v said:
It’s now junk. Send it to me for proper disposal. All kidding aside, with all the guitars you’ve had, you’ve never had to tweak a truss rod? That’s amazing. I get so picky about my setups that I’m always messing with my guitars to keep them perfect. Hope it works out for you

Oh dude, that's the thing, if I start messing with it, I never stop. I will start with pickup height, action, etc. never messed with the truss rod. I have a tech do the set up and then force myself to not think about it and just play. I have been down that road, and you never stop messing with your set up, at least I don't, so I don't even start. Like you I am picky about my setups, luckily Gary Brauer and Larry Cragg, and they aren't expensive either. For a basic setup. Both do amazing work, so I get the guitar back and just play it, well, maybe I will lower the action a hair, once in a while.

mooncobra":2wltbe4d said:
cecilbag":2wltbe4d said:

Oh dude, that's the thing, if I start messing with it, I never stop. I will start with pickup height, action, etc. never messed with the truss rod. I have a tech do the set up and then force myself to not think about it and just play. I have been down that road, and you never stop messing with your set up, at least I don't, so I don't even start. Like you I am picky about my setups, luckily Gary Brauer and Larry Cragg, and they aren't expensive either. For a basic setup. Both do amazing work, so I get the guitar back and just play it, well, maybe I will lower the action a hair, once in a while.

I fuss with a guitar like mad the first few days I have it, but after I get it set I don’t ever mess with it again except for truss rod tweaks to just put it back the way it was. Metal rulers and feeler gauges help take out the guess work and just give you a number to shoot for and be done with it.

You most definitely dont have a guitar sit for two months without strings. The neck needs tension from strings. It could damage the neck

peterc52":1xkuz5av said:
You most definitely dont have a guitar sit for two months without strings. The neck needs tension from strings. It could damage the neck

Wow, this is great news, potentially damaged neck on my Kenai.

mooncobra":vb8nnx4p said:
peterc52":vb8nnx4p said:

Wow, this is great news, potentially damaged neck on my Kenai.

Get it to your guitar repair dude and have it setup. See if everything is well.

Some people dont even remove all the strings when changing them - Only one at the time.

But hopefully everything is good.

peterc52":tf6eq68j said:
Some people dont even remove all the strings when changing them - Only one at the time.

That’s just retarded and no reason for that. Some people don’t know how to change strings on a floating bridge so that’s safe for them.

Metlupass2":3rldrln8 said:
peterc52":3rldrln8 said:

That’s just retarded and no reason for that. Some people don’t know how to change strings on a floating bridge so that’s safe for them.

I generally don’t remove all mine on my LPs because I always bump the bridge adjustment wheels and have to fix the action. Once in a blue moon to give it a good cleaning but not often at all

The neck should be fine without strings for a bit. I’m sure it just needs a slight adjustment.

Don't adjust anything yet. Put the strings on and let it chill for a few days to a week.

If after that period the neck has not gone back to where it should, start adjusting the truss rod.

If you start messing with it now, it may be all fucked up again in a few days as the neck settles to the string tension.

Back