Boogie Mark III Coliseum incoming

Wizard of Ozz":30w09ahd said:
Noice! I just picked up another MKIII Green myself.

Can we see a pic of the back?... nothing like 6 power tubes stuffed in a small Mesa box.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Sure thing! :rock:

PzzLsuQ.jpg

Wizard of Ozz":2gn0pgoh said:
Now that's what I call a power transformer... MASSIVE!

Very cool. Sykes-era/Whitesnake riffs will now be enjoyed.

:rawk:

Sykes riffs were obviously enjoyed first thing :)

It´s been serviced fairly recently, but I´ll probably fire up the soldering iron one of these days and try out the + mod. Apparently it´s just two cap changes that smooth out the treble a bit, so no biggie. What's the ++ do? I've heard that there's a IIC++, but I don't think I've seen a III++ yet.

Dave L":woax3eni said:
It´s been serviced fairly recently, but I´ll probably fire up the soldering iron one of these days and try out the + mod. Apparently it´s just two cap changes that smooth out the treble a bit, so no biggie. What's the ++ do? I've heard that there's a IIC++, but I don't think I've seen a III++ yet.

The III++ mod adds gain and changes the voicing slightly. I had a regular Mark III and a Cook Mark III with the ++ mod and they were no joke. I only sold them because I had a 2C++ and it was overkill to keep all of them.

It obviously has a boat load of gain as is but I´ll look into it :thumbsup:

As for dibs, I´m not sure it would be very practical for the american crowd to buy a 230v model and ship a 60 lbs amp overseas.

A few days later I´m really starting to focus in on the tone I want out of that lead channel. It tweaks very similarly to how I remember the Quad, which of course makes a lot of sense, but there are some very good points in the manual too.

The R2 and lead channels play surprisingly well together, it´s not hard at all to find a decent setting for both even if I´d probably say it has maybe 1,5 channels instead of 3. But I bought it more or less to be a one-channel amp and I use different stuff for crunch and cleans anyway so that doesn´t bother me one bit :)

The girlfriend is out of town for a ski race, so here's how I'm spending the weekend :)

Have a nice one, guys!

7GUOmJ9.jpg

Sure is! I've mostly had Marshall-style amps over the years and that´s where I'm most at home, but every time I have a Boogie I wonder why I haven't used them more :thumbsup:

ChurchHill":x64p2y2d said:
Now, THAT is the way to spend a weekend! Damn nice rig!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Thanks, man! I've been tinkering with that rack for years and years, trying tons of stuff, but these I'm days 100% psyched with it :rock:

My god. I was excited about adding a few pedals and rearranging my board tonight. Then you post the pic of your rack!

Back