Boogie Mark III Coliseum incoming

Dave L

I've been GASsing for a nice Boogie for a while, I haven't had one in ages and even though I tried scratching that itch with a Triaxis last year I couldn't really jive with whatever it has instead of a graphic EQ. Instead of getting a Studio or Quad (both of which I've already had in the distant past) I started looking around at some heads and found a nice blue stripe Mark III Coliseum Simul-class which I can´t wait to get home! Time to get those 1987 riffs up to speed :D

Yeah, as soon as I found it I stopped looking around and just jumped on it. I think I got a nice price on it, too. I´d actually never considered buying a Coliseum, but the sheer overkill of it is super cool :yes:

Dave L":3g8mlzmb said:
Yeah, as soon as I found it I stopped looking around and just jumped on it. I think I got a nice price on it, too. I´d actually never considered buying a Coliseum, but the sheer overkill of it is super cool :yes:

I have a blue stripe coli as well and one of the great things is how well the taper on the volume is. You can that beast at low volume easily!

For sure, I doubt it actually is any louder than a normal III in normal use, but could maybe sound a bit beefier.

Yeah, I feel pretty stoked about it, I love when something comes in from left field like that and just feels like the most obvious thing.

I think your going to be very happy!, may I ask what kind of cab you will be using with it?, I found my III+ coli to be a bit congested or overly dense sounding until I switched from the mesa traditional to the oversize, the oversize cab really seemed to let that amp breathe.

Thanks everyone!

For daily use I run all the amps thru a Palmer ADIG loadbox and a TC 1140 parametric EQ to fine-tune the curve a bit before it hits the rack and/or the DAW. Works like a charm, and I love the fact that I can use all my big amps running hot all the time even at home. That´s a sound and a feel I´ve not found in a digital modeler yet. But for live and proper recording I mostly use my trusty old Rivera K412T, which is a great cab with V30s in that usual modern Marshall style. We´ll see how it works with the Boogie.

I never knew Chippy had one of these sandwiched in between all those Camerons and Suhrs :D Sounds great!

Send it to Boogie for a full service and ++ mod. My ++ modded Coli crushed. It was actually too much for me. Haha

The seller is traveling a lot for work, so it´s not shipped yet. Probably lands sometime late next week, but I´m in no rush :)

It had a tune-up a couple of years ago, new caps and such, so it´s probably not in any big need of service right now. But if Boogie weren´t clear across the Atlantic I´d probably let them look at it anyway, though!

Well, here it is! I was out of town for a long while, but I finally got to spend the evening with it, and even though it obviously is 100% honeymoon phase at this point I think I love it. Such a cool blend of bite and saturation.

dDtZT0o.jpg

Noice! I just picked up another MKIII Green myself.

Can we see a pic of the back?... nothing like 6 power tubes stuffed in a small Mesa box.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Back