HiWatt/MaxWatt Designed by Mike Fortin.

cyphervox":6kl0j0df said:
We'll see what happens on Monday...

Meanwhile, I just picked up a '74 Gainmonster that Steve apparently owned previously, and my week began with a Gower Killer Kali being delivered.

Still, really looking forward to the release of the Maxwatt Super-Hi and the Meshuggah!!! If I end up with all of them I'm gonna lose my mind... not that I have much of one left now...
Was that gainmonster the same one that reza made a clip of? It sounded very good in that clip

braintheory":v5pf82og said:
cyphervox":v5pf82og said:

Meanwhile, I just picked up a '74 Gainmonster that Steve apparently owned previously, and my week began with a Gower Killer Kali being delivered.

Still, really looking forward to the release of the Maxwatt Super-Hi and the Meshuggah!!! If I end up with all of them I'm gonna lose my mind... not that I have much of one left now...
Was that gainmonster the same one that reza made a clip of? It sounded very good in that clip

Yes, I just got it from him Friday. It sounds ridiculously sick in person. I have no doubt the stock amp sounded killer, too. At lower gain I think it definitely retains some of the original JMP character. It still has most of the original Daly caps. He got Friedman to redo the effects loop on it. I'm going to do an A/B comparison with my stock Marshalls later. to see how close I can dial it. It is a tone monster, for sure!

Apparently the Maxwatt left an impression on him at NAMM, also. He just sold a bunch of amps. Partridge transformers plus Fortin voicing does it for me, too.

cyphervox":b95bu7r1 said:
braintheory":b95bu7r1 said:
cyphervox":b95bu7r1 said:

Yes, I just got it from him Friday. It sounds ridiculously sick in person. I have no doubt the stock amp sounded killer, too. At lower gain I think it definitely retains some of the original JMP character. It still has most of the original Daly caps. He got Friedman to redo the effects loop on it. I'm going to do an A/B comparison with my stock Marshalls later. to see how close I can dial it. It is a tone monster, for sure!

Apparently the Maxwatt left an impression on him at NAMM, also. He just sold a bunch of amps. Partridge transformers plus Fortin voicing does it for me, too.
Nice! Yeah I remember he said that Gainmonster smoked his Fortin Meshuggah and based on the clips he has of both amps I'd agree

Well, I missed the Meshuggah launch... oops!

Anyway, I found this on the Hiwatt website. I hope this is what the production model will be. I'm so in...

http://www.hiwatt.co.uk/products/hi-gain-range/

The Super-Hi amplifier is suitable from the bedroom to the stadium.... having high levels for gain at bedroom volume and still having the headroom to entertain the masses at the biggest of gigs.

Combine the classic sounds of the DR504 50W or DR103 100W together with some serious Hi-Gain and sustain and you have our ultra Hi-Professional Series Range. These amps are LOUD! Complete with our comprehensive four-button footswitch, you’ll have full control of your stage sound. Switch between the classic channel 1 sound to the full tilt overdrive 2 channel, want more? Hit the Hi-Gain switch for some serious overdrive and distortion sounds, still want more? Switch in or out your in line FX rack. All that and we include our Accutronics spring reverb. These amps give you total control from a whisper to a roar. Also, protection-wise, these amps have 8!! Yes 8 fuses. So your beloved tubes and transformers are safe no matter what you try to do to them. Look for those white knobs and stand back for some serious tones. Don’t simulate, emulate or procrastinate - if you want the total British Sound, you need a British designed amp. Check these out!

Available in three Head formats: 20W, 50W, 100W and two Combo formats: 2x12 20W, 2x12 50W. Each model includes the comprehensive four-button footswitch. Use the Heads with our comprehensive speaker cabinet range.

cyphervox":5znhplc4 said:

Anyway, I found this on the Hiwatt website. I hope this is what the production model will be. I'm so in...

The Super-Hi amplifier is suitable from the bedroom to the stadium.... having high levels for gain at bedroom volume and still having the headroom to entertain the masses at the biggest of gigs.

Combine the classic sounds of the DR504 50W or DR103 100W together with some serious Hi-Gain and sustain and you have our ultra Hi-Professional Series Range. These amps are LOUD! Complete with our comprehensive four-button footswitch, you’ll have full control of your stage sound. Switch between the classic channel 1 sound to the full tilt overdrive 2 channel, want more? Hit the Hi-Gain switch for some serious overdrive and distortion sounds, still want more? Switch in or out your in line FX rack. All that and we include our Accutronics spring reverb. These amps give you total control from a whisper to a roar. Also, protection-wise, these amps have 8!! Yes 8 fuses. So your beloved tubes and transformers are safe no matter what you try to do to them. Look for those white knobs and stand back for some serious tones. Don’t simulate, emulate or procrastinate - if you want the total British Sound, you need a British designed amp. Check these out!

Available in three Head formats: 20W, 50W, 100W and two Combo formats: 2x12 20W, 2x12 50W. Each model includes the comprehensive four-button footswitch. Use the Heads with our comprehensive speaker cabinet range.
This sounds so cool, but what I really want to know is: do you really need all that shit in your sig?! ;)

garey77":2s410qoq said:
cyphervox":2s410qoq said:

This sounds so cool, but what I really want to know is: do you really need all that shit in your sig?! ;)

Well, I do need to thin the herd a little, actually...

Need to make room for a Maxwatt and a cabinet full of Fane's.

But yes, I have much more gear than I can list in the sig...

cyphervox":3l918bhn said:
garey77":3l918bhn said:
cyphervox":3l918bhn said:

Well, I do need to thin the herd a little, actually...

Need to make room for a Maxwatt and a cabinet full of Fane's.

But yes, I have much more gear than I can list in the sig...
Maybe just thin the signature

Luca79":1efk14by said:
I wish to see how are build inside.

There are plenty of photos of current Hiwatt UK amps online... they are being built at the same facility using the same construction. This is their 400w bass amp but the guitar amps use the same style of construction.

Attachments

• 27164673_665781620479018_3800371270478558589_o.jpg
    27164673_665781620479018_3800371270478558589_o.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 2,992
I like it. A lot.

I like "grainy" over "gainy".

Combine the two and you've got my attention.

This amp - from the clip - has got my attention.

Ventura":1m4f7g4z said:
I like it. A lot.

I like "grainy" over "gainy".

Combine the two and you've got my attention.

This amp - from the clip - has got my attention.

And according to a guy on sevenstring.org that says he was talking with the Maxwatt folks at NAMM, there will be two versions. A 50 watt that is DR504 on one channel, Fortin on the other, and a 100 watter that is DR103/Fortinwatt on the two channels it has.

Sign me the fuck up for that.

technomancer":38npgstz said:
Luca79":38npgstz said:
I wish to see how are build inside.

There are plenty of photos of current Hiwatt UK amps online... they are being built at the same facility using the same construction. This is their 400w bass amp but the guitar amps use the same style of construction.

Correct me if I am wrong,but that looks like some good build quality in there.

technomancer":2tzy1pmi said:

Is non easy to make an hi-gain PTP very quiet, that why i'm curious if they keep the same method, or switch to something else. Fortin amps are all PCB, for example.

CrazyNutz":1j8a5bdv said:
mchn13":1j8a5bdv said:
Sounds killer, but, and I mean in a good way, it sounds like a Vht doesn't it?

Yeah, it does sound VHT like to me. Interestingly Steven Fryette played, and modded his Hiwatts before he designed the Pitbull. Basically VHT/Fryette amps are hi gain hiwatts.

I haven't been able to duplicate this guttural tone with my D60. Even with my extensive collection of boost pedals. To me the VHT just sounds more Marshally... Any tips for dialing this in?

https://www.facebook.com/josh.seguin.31 ... 428281405/

engage757":1fxvhtl9 said:
THought you boys might enjoy this. HiWatt under new ownership, MaxWatt in the USA. New Mike Designed Handwired offering at NAMM:

KillerTone (Jason F.) uploaded some Facebook videos too:

https://www.facebook.com/jfrankhouser/v ... 007592430/

And:
https://www.facebook.com/jfrankhouser/v ... 442133292/

Enjoy. :) . Go jam it if you are at NAMM, MaxWatt NAMM Booth# 5233 Hall D. :rock:

Don't know about you guys....but it looks like this dude just blew it in his shorts....

Hi Everyone,

My name's Dave, I work for Hiwatt.

Really glad you're all digging the Fortin amp!

Just wanted to introduce myself, answer any questions you might have and generally talk all things Hiwatt!

The official relaunch of Hiwatt is this spring at Musikmesse in Frankfurt and we're aiming to launch the Custom Super-HI 50 there.

My colleague, Arv, started a thread about the new owners here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=194943

We'll have more details and updates soon so keep an eye out on our social medias for news.

Any questions, let me know!

Cheers everyone

Back