HiWatt/MaxWatt Designed by Mike Fortin.

HiwattUKofficial":203hupvk said:
Hi Everyone,

My name's Dave, I work for Hiwatt.

Really glad you're all digging the Fortin amp!

Just wanted to introduce myself, answer any questions you might have and generally talk all things Hiwatt!

The official relaunch of Hiwatt is this spring at Musikmesse in Frankfurt and we're aiming to launch the Custom Super-HI 50 there.

My colleague, Arv, started a thread about the new owners here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=194943

We'll have more details and updates soon so keep an eye out on our social medias for news.

Any questions, let me know!

Cheers everyone

Saw that post, welcome! Can't wait for more information, sound clips, and to find out how soon I can afford one once they are unleashed into the wild... Cheers!

cyphervox":2h903v8b said:
HiwattUKofficial":2h903v8b said:
Hi Everyone,

My name's Dave, I work for Hiwatt.

Really glad you're all digging the Fortin amp!

Just wanted to introduce myself, answer any questions you might have and generally talk all things Hiwatt!

The official relaunch of Hiwatt is this spring at Musikmesse in Frankfurt and we're aiming to launch the Custom Super-HI 50 there.

My colleague, Arv, started a thread about the new owners here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=194943

We'll have more details and updates soon so keep an eye out on our social medias for news.

Any questions, let me know!

Cheers everyone

Saw that post, welcome! Can't wait for more information, sound clips, and to find out how soon I can afford one once they are unleashed into the wild... Cheers!

We're really excited to release them into the wild! We'll have new photo's, videos and sound clips coming soon.

As I mentioned above, all of that content will be released first on our social media pages -
Facebook
Instagram

Cheers Cyphervox.

errrrrl":2h903v8b said:
:thumbsup: Looking forward to Fortin build and the price.

The price is still TBC but we're working at getting one released asap.

cyphervox":mflkh74f said:
CrazyNutz":mflkh74f said:
mchn13":mflkh74f said:
Sounds killer, but, and I mean in a good way, it sounds like a Vht doesn't it?

Yeah, it does sound VHT like to me. Interestingly Steven Fryette played, and modded his Hiwatts before he designed the Pitbull. Basically VHT/Fryette amps are hi gain hiwatts.

I haven't been able to duplicate this guttural tone with my D60. Even with my extensive collection of boost pedals. To me the VHT just sounds more Marshally... Any tips for dialing this in?

https://www.facebook.com/josh.seguin.31 ... 428281405/

After owning both; the 60 seems more marshall, and the 120, deeper and more modern, but has that hiwatt (clunk?) to it. Both are beautiful sounding amps, but the 120 was in a league of its own... just huge.

HiwattUKofficial":2gsceilg said:
Riggins1966":2gsceilg said:
Spaceboy":2gsceilg said:
Eh, not what I want from a HiWatt at all.

same here

Don't worry, we're still producing all the classic Hiwatt custom amps! We're just offering up a custom hi-gain option now too :)

I am really hoping to have the option for the best of both in one amp. That would be perfect!

Luca79":2ls59tpl said:
technomancer":2ls59tpl said:
There are plenty of photos of current Hiwatt UK amps online... they are being built at the same facility using the same construction. This is their 400w bass amp but the guitar amps use the same style of construction.

Is non easy to make an hi-gain PTP very quiet, that why i'm curious if they keep the same method, or switch to something else. Fortin amps are all PCB, for example.

Are you referring to true PTP with no turrets or eyelets; or do you mean anything that isn't PCB?

errrrrl":nm88edzk said:
LP Freak":nm88edzk said:
Maybe just thin the signature
:LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, I agree. I hate having to scroll, and scroll, and scroll, because some pinhead feels the need to take half the page with their badge of honor gear list. Silly and annoying.

What's worse, is they have to detail mods, upgrades, headshell, tubes in it, who touched it, version, year, who's played it, who looked at it, dimensions, etc.. And people wonder why sites are slow and glitchy.

napalmdeath":4ja85nq5 said:
errrrrl":4ja85nq5 said:
LP Freak":4ja85nq5 said:
Maybe just thin the signature
:LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, I agree. I hate having to scroll, and scroll, and scroll, because some pinhead feels the need to take half the page with their badge of honor gear list. Silly and annoying.

What's worse, is they have to detail mods, upgrades, headshell, tubes in it, who touched it, version, year, who's played it, who looked at it, dimensions, etc.. And people wonder why sites are slow and glitchy.

It's true... all of it.

I like big rigs and I can not lie
You other plank crankers can't deny

cyphervox":1bw43802 said:
Just saw this...

https://reverb.com/item/10581640-maxwat ... fortin-new

Seems a bit early to list it here...

And so $3,500 is the sale price?

I think due to the high demand we've received they've set this up for pre-orders (and also so people know it's definitely coming out soon!)

We have been working on figures for the past few weeks and this is the price that we concluded on. so...

We're extremely excited to be offering the Custom Super-Hi 50 at $3500!

Sorry for hijacking this Dave :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers guys,

Arv

V2a":18yn6u8y said:
Luca79":18yn6u8y said:
technomancer":18yn6u8y said:
There are plenty of photos of current Hiwatt UK amps online... they are being built at the same facility using the same construction. This is their 400w bass amp but the guitar amps use the same style of construction.

Is non easy to make an hi-gain PTP very quiet, that why i'm curious if they keep the same method, or switch to something else. Fortin amps are all PCB, for example.

Are you referring to true PTP with no turrets or eyelets; or do you mean anything that isn't PCB?

I mean anything not PCB.

napalmdeath":2ndq3y2d said:
cyphervox":2ndq3y2d said:
Just saw this...

Wonder why it's listed as MINT, but below as BRAND NEW? :doh:

Seems somewhat reasonable. Still out of my price-range, however. Lot's of choices at $3500, I'd just find a used Fortin-modded Marshall for much less.
Damn straight, bro. That's a lot of dough for a single channel 50 watt....

Beyond Black":348gbpln said:
napalmdeath":348gbpln said:
cyphervox":348gbpln said:
Just saw this...

Seems somewhat reasonable. Still out of my price-range, however. Lot's of choices at $3500, I'd just find a used Fortin-modded Marshall for much less.

No shit. Oh well, looks like I’ll stop following this amp. I’ll wait and buy used to cut out the middleman.

psychodave":2wis394b said:
Beyond Black":2wis394b said:
napalmdeath":2wis394b said:
cyphervox":2wis394b said:
Just saw this...

No shit. Oh well, looks like I’ll stop following this amp. I’ll wait and buy used to cut out the middleman.
Count me out too... Bring on that Amptweaker head! :thumbsup:

Personally, for that price, I would definitely prefer to see a footswitchable, two channel amp with an effects loop, featuring classic Hiwatt cleans and crunch, as well as the absolutely brutal high-gain channel we've all been drooling over. I would absolutely pay $3,500 for that without hesitation. I dream of a Hiwatt that can cover the 60's through to modern insanity. Hell, if I had to I would modify the Super-Hi to add a tube for the low gain channel! Let it eat all other amps alive!!! Now that's irony!

Back