HiWatt/MaxWatt Designed by Mike Fortin.

That amp sounds great! A Hiwatt with actual gain! Great idea to re-work these amps. The power section on older Hiwatts was always killer, but never enough gain without using pedals for metal. On a side note....how many times has Hiwatt changed hands over the last 30-40 years? Has to be at least 10-15...at least

Very cool! Not a first though, remember Henric Hermansson has been turning Hiwatts into fire-breathing monsters for years.

Hiwatts are a cool and unique high gain platform. Fortin is badass stuff!

Spaceboy":dxg4mvr7 said:
Eh, not what I want from a HiWatt at all.

This is just the high gain offering. They will be adding more vintage-spec'd stuff, etc. Usual stuff HiWatt is known for. From what I hear at least. :)

engage757":3qenfllw said:
Spaceboy":3qenfllw said:
Eh, not what I want from a HiWatt at all.

This is just the high gain offering. They will be adding more vintage-spec'd stuff, etc. Usual stuff HiWatt is known for. From what I hear at least. :)
Good to hear... :thumbsup:

Lord Toneking":3dbdrp9b said:
At least they didn't name it 'The Lucifer'.. or something along those lines

THink it is actually going to be branded, "Restless Bowel Syndrome at the Gates Ov Lucifer's Hadean Pit of demise."

Lord Toneking":3vpb3vpm said:
Exactly. Not sure I love the name Maxwatt, but I do get that HiWatt is sticking with a name that connects back to their major brand.

As for HiWatt going in this direction, I think it's a great idea. The number of players buying new amps today with only "that edge of breakup" tone is dwindling. The Boomers are dying off, and the future belongs to teh brootalz :D

engage757":3mzdfgmq said:
Lord Toneking":3mzdfgmq said:

THink it is actually going to be branded, "Restless Bowel Syndrome at the Gates Ov Lucifer's Hadean Pit of demise."
Isn't that the name of a Dimmu Borgir album? :LOL: :LOL:

Something I like about this vid, and similar from the Hermanson modded Hiwatts, is how articulate the amp stays while the gain increases. Not so much a lack of compression, just not mushy. Every note is clear, and punishing.

Back