Synergy Amp System

chondroguitars

I thought I would start a new topic seeing how van hellion's thread was being over taken by questions and feedback. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have on this amp system. Experiences, feedback, as well as reviews and of course sound clips :rock: would be welcome here.

Hi Randall. I’m about to pull the trigger on a Syn 2 and have a question. If you hook up the Syn 2 in the effects loop of an amp (to use the modules as additional amp channels) and place effects in the Syn 2 effects loop, will these effects still affect the amp you are using with the Syn 2, once you revert to using the amp and not the Syn 2 modules? For example, if a hook up the Syn 2in the effects loop of my Friedman Pink Taco, and want to have reverb on both the Pink Taco and the Syn 2 modules I’m using, do I need to place dedicated reverb pedals for both the Syn 2 and the Pink Taco, or will a reverb pedal place in the loop of the Syn 2 will also cover my Pink Taco (when the Syn 2 is disengage)?

Econ":39w6u8cl said:
Hi Randall. I’m about to pull the trigger on a Syn 2 and have a question. If you hook up the Syn 2 in the effects loop of an amp (to use the modules as additional amp channels) and place effects in the Syn 2 effects loop, will these effects still affect the amp you are using with the Syn 2, once you revert to using the amp and not the Syn 2 modules? For example, if a hook up the Syn 2in the effects loop of my Friedman Pink Taco, and want to have reverb on both the Pink Taco and the Syn 2 modules I’m using, do I need to place dedicated reverb pedals for both the Syn 2 and the Pink Taco, or will a reverb pedal place in the loop of the Syn 2 will also cover my Pink Taco (when the Syn 2 is disengage)?

You will not lose the effects you put in the FX loop of the SYN-2. Even if the SYN-2 is not engaged. So in your example, not only will you have the reverb on your SYN-2 you will also have it on your Pink Taco, even if the SYN-2 is in bypass mode.

Cool!!! That does it for me. I’m getting one. Now the dilema is which module should I get to start. Intrigued by the SLO and the HBE.

Econ":ouf53zas said:
Cool!!! That does it for me. I’m getting one. Now the dilema is which module should I get to start. Intrigued by the SLO and the HBE.
The SLO is AMAZING!, My favorite combo right now is the Morgan and the SLO. Put an EQ in the effects loop, you have any tone you can imagine. I did talk with my rep today at Synergy, and the heads and combo are shipping to us dealers soon 6 to 8 weeks. When he comes down for a visit, Im going to see if I cant swipe the Engl from him. Heard it at NAMM, I was blown away.

Shark Diver":zau1h3pe said:
When using the speaker emulation, is there a way to have the master volume work?
No, generally with speaker sims, you're going into a recording console at unity gain.

chondroguitars":16ggcf08 said:
Shark Diver":16ggcf08 said:
When using the speaker emulation, is there a way to have the master volume work?
No, generally with speaker sims, you're going into a recording console at unity gain.

Yeah, I understand the reason they did it - but I'm using it Live and it would be easier on the face of the Synergy, than on the Monitor.

I ended up buying a syn1. Currently have the metroplex and VH4 module. Planning on getting a few others-the new ODS and the SLO will be next. Want pretty much all the rest too though.

I’m blown away by the system. Better than I even hoped.

The Hoff":365swx3v said:
I’m blown away by the system. Better than I even hoped.

I agree. While I was at NAMM at the B.A.D. booth for my Synergy dealer meeting, I was able to check out the Engl Savage, HOLY SHIT!!! That smoked all the other high gain mod's IMO.

I am waiting for the Bogner Uberschall and XTC which I am guessing will likely be shown perhaps at the German show Messe in April

chondroguitars":3unhvhk4 said:
Econ":3unhvhk4 said:
The SLO is AMAZING!, My favorite combo right now is the Morgan and the SLO. Put an EQ in the effects loop, you have any tone you can imagine. I did talk with my rep today at Synergy, and the heads and combo are shipping to us dealers soon 6 to 8 weeks. When he comes down for a visit, Im going to see if I cant swipe the Engl from him. Heard it at NAMM, I was blown away.

The only thing that i am not confident on is the time frame .

I'll be honest the stuffs cool but the Syn30 head combo was set to release back in October around Halloween
then it was moved to November , in which they announced near the end of November it was getting New cosmetics ,which is cool and it looks better no doubt.
Then the new date was by the end of the year ,and they showed a bunch sitting on racks waiting for test .
I think then it was decided after Namm ,and you just got word 6-8weeks from Feb 1st .
so most of their estimates are usually off at least where hardware is concerned by 6-8 months ,
but i hope your rep is correct

gtr31":jtbm2fwl said:
chondroguitars":jtbm2fwl said:
Econ":jtbm2fwl said:

The only thing that i am not confident on is the time frame .

I'll be honest the stuffs cool but the Syn30 head combo was set to release back in October around Halloween
then it was moved to November , in which they announced near the end of November it was getting New cosmetics ,which is cool and it looks better no doubt.
Then the new date was by the end of the year ,and they showed a bunch sitting on racks waiting for test .
I think then it was decided after Namm ,and you just got word 6-8weeks from Feb 1st .
so most of their estimates are usually off at least where hardware is concerned by 6-8 months ,
but i hope your rep is correct

This happens more often than you think. Most recently with the EVH EL34 50w release. BAD at least pushed back the release date, Fender just continued to give excuses to us why we were not getting them in. I had to refund 6 amps because of the BS Fender was pulling with that amp, and for a small dealer like myself, that's was a huge blow, lost customers hurt more than lost profits when your a new small dealer. You lose that opportunity to earn trust. That is why Im careful with pre orders now. Lesson learned, that's for sure. But it comes with the job. Sometimes these things happen.

Finally got a Syn 1 with a Soldano module. Using it in the effects loop of my Bogner Shiva 20th Anniv. It sounds incredible! Very tempted to get a 50W Head or the Syn 2 and the Syn 50 poweramp. Can’t wait for the Engl Savage module come out.

That could also work for me. Just wish they would have some of the modules they announced at NAMM out sooner. The amp heads apparently will be available to the public in April, but the new modules are going to take a lot longer to be available.

Econ":9cebl7wy said:
Finally got a Syn 1 with a Soldano module. Using it in the effects loop of my Bogner Shiva 20th Anniv. It sounds incredible! Very tempted to get a 50W Head or the Syn 2 and the Syn 50 poweramp. Can’t wait for the Engl Savage module come out.
Grats! I messed around with a Syn1 with the Soldano, Metro & Dirty shirley modules last week and again over the weekend. I like it but just not sure what's the best way for me to get in to it... get a Syn1? Syn2 with poweramp? Or wait for the heads to come out?

Also for shits and giggles hooked up the Syn1 to a mini dirty shirley and used the DS module and tried to dial the module in to match the mini DS. It got surprisingly really close. I would say the module was a little brighter than the head and with the head you get more of a bassier thump with heavy picking/strumming. Still on the fence on Synergy but definitely really cool to mess with.

I’m definetly getting another Synergy system. Just need to decide between a rack rig or the new heads that are coming out in April.

Back