Anybody test drive new Blackstar HT MKII's???

napalmdeath

I know Blackstar doesn't get alot of love here, but I was curious if anyone tried the new HT MKII models?

I loved my HT-5, but the Club 50 and HT-20's I had did nothing for me. If they tweaked the voicing as advertised, and improved them, I'd be curious to try another.

I have the HT20 MKII. Got the head with the vertical 212 cab. I like it a lot. They went with EL84's on the MKII 20 instead of EL34's in the MKI. Never played the original, but did have a MKI HT40 combo briefly couple years ago. Each channel (clean and OD) have separate voices, so you 4 voices total. Foot switch allows you to switch channel as well as voice, so it's all there at your toe tips. Quiet switching (no pop or delay like on some Marshall DSL's). Takes pedals well too.

Anyone else? I had a HT40 and it ok. I heard the MKII at a music store and I was blown away by the tone.

I will known soon, just got one in for repair, it has a blown grid resistor. I hope it sounds good, but I will say its a labor intensive amps, had to about gut it to get to this bad resistor.

Owned the ht100 for a couple months years ago. Never tried the one series. Dis play the ht mkii for a spell in Sam Ash and definitely could hear a difference..wouldn't mind checking it out a bit further with some effects ,my guitar and some volume and a familiar cab, wasnt blown away and I've never understood the pricing on these

I tried a mk2. Much better than the original ones, but for the money I would go for something else tbh.

Back