Cusak V2 Screamer question/problem?

LanierP

Hey guys,
It's not my cables. If someone has one of these, and can tap on it when it's engaged and let me know if you get the same results as in the video, let me know. it would be appreciated. The pedal sounds great, just not sure if this is normal. I don't believe it is.
Thanks
Len
https://youtu.be/neG7UH-hFsc

I have had the V2 for a few years myself but have not noticed that happening before. I will knock mine around a bit later to check.

Agreed with the above post though. Most likely a cable issue.

Hey guys,
Check back up at the top of my post. I linked a video showing the issue I'm having.
Thanks

That Pedal Sounds Great I hope you get it figured out. It doesn't sound like it cuts bass.....which is exactly what I'm looking for, for my Soldano Avenger.

Detroit1973":fe2pcjwx said:
That Pedal Sounds Great I hope you get it figured out. It doesn't sound like it cuts bass.....which is exactly what I'm looking for, for my Soldano Avenger.

Mine cuts bass but I mainly use it more as a cleaner boost with the gain under 11:00. Up higher like that you don't notice the bass cut.

Hmmm. Mine does not make that noise and I would say that it is not normal.

LanierP":2j5d67ts said:
Hey guys,
It's not my cables. If someone has one of these, and can tap on it when it's engaged and let me know if you get the same results as in the video, let me know. it would be appreciated. The pedal sounds great, just not sure if this is normal. I don't believe it is.
Thanks
Len

Mine does the same thing.. looks just like yours.

stewboy":10ef4wbm said:
actually,mine does too! ...turn down the gain dude

Are you Attempting to Say that the pedal does this when the gain is up to high? The Pedal should not do that at all.

There is a short somewhere in the pedal. Most likely the in/out jacks themselves... one or both jacks. If both jacks test good, check the circuit with a continuity tester or dmm. There is a short somewhere... that's why it sounds like tapping on live pickups in your guitar plugged in to your amp. Should be a quick and easy fix.

My new one does the same. Never bothered me and doesn't seem to affect anything. I had 5 of these and kind of remember this. the silent switch also has a sound through the amp, almost like a click which is normal.

glip22":24lxhyue said:
My new one does the same. Never bothered me and doesn't seem to affect anything. I had 5 of these and kind of remember this. the silent switch also has a sound through the amp, almost like a click which is normal.
You’ve had 5? :LOL: :LOL:

LP Freak":hx2wk4ju said:
glip22":hx2wk4ju said:
You’ve had 5? :LOL: :LOL:
You know how it goes. :thumbsup: This one is staying.

glip22":2c7991ui said:

Wow. If that’s “normal”... someone needs to go back to retake Introduction to Circuits 101... and redesign and better shield their circuit then. Come on Cusack. That’s bad. Cheapo $50 ods don’t do that.

Wizard of Ozz":qct3x0pq said:
glip22":qct3x0pq said:

Wow. If that’s “normal”... someone needs to go back to retake Introduction to Circuits 101... and redesign and better shield their circuit then. Come on Cusack. That’s bad. Cheapo $50 ods don’t do that.
The hookup wired shouldn’t need to be shielded. The enclosure itself
Is a shield and there is no A/C to cause interference. This is most likely due to the design/gain levels making the signal too sensitive. I wonder if using a lower gain dual
Opamp might help

So what's the verdict on this problem? I'm interested in hearing what was wrong. Did you contact Cusack for support?

Back