Stolen Guitar found

hopefully you get it back, nothing worse than a thief! I hope it ends well. I hate hearing about gear being stolen!

Hope you have good pics and documentation man. Most guys would just tell you to go fuck yourself, (been there sadly). I got screwed even having pics and the serial number.

Bloodrock":3ehtxlvy said:
Hope you have good pics and documentation man. Most guys would just tell you to go fuck yourself, (been there sadly). I got screwed even having pics and the serial number.

Oh yeah..I'm covered..police report of the theft,pics,serial number etc,etc.. :)

Sucks that whoever just sold it will be out the money (assuming he wasn’t the thief). If he wasn’t the thief, the money will come out of his pocket. Not to say any of that is your fault-of course it isn’t and you have every right to your property, just saying-such a sucky situation for all honest people involved. Hopefully they are able to track down the thief...

Wow - cool you found it. Hope it works its way back to you... and I hope you can get the rest of the story and nail the SOB who took it

Thats awesome that you found it Kurt, how often does that happen?
Hopefully the guy will man up and do the right thing when it counts

Good deal! Always happy to hear about someone getting gear back because it almost never happens. Is there a back story? How did it get stolen?

$1250 that they were asking sounds kinda cheap for that guitar, am I wrong?? Hope you get it back, it's kind of a rare guitar!

I finally got a hold of the deputy that has the case today. He's totally on it and is probably more pissed than I am?? lol! Anyways..I'll be calling the police records office tomorrow and get copy's of the report and all will be well..(I hope) Deputy Ortiz was telling me that Reverb.com didn't seem very enthusiastic about helping us out with this??

so how does this work? do you get the guitar back "as-is"? do you get to inspect it first to make sure it's at least "as good" as it was when stolen? just curious.

good fortune btw...hope it ends well for you.

kurtsstuff2003":3mwbknho said:
Deputy Ortiz was telling me that Reverb.com didn't seem very enthusiastic about helping us out with this??

Ya know, Reverb certainly has gone to shit of late. I've done 80 transactions there, am a "Preferred Seller" and all, and they've been great, until about 2017... They've just become less and less interested in doing the right thing, and more concerned about being a powerhouse seller with their Chicago Music Exchange. Their Customer Service on that end has always been stellar, but intervening, and settling Reverb, Paypal, freight claims, and scammer issues - they've just kinda said "fuck it", and their attention-span has certainly been less.

How douchey of them to not want to help a musician recover stolen property. That's just plain uncalled-for, and classless.

napalmdeath":39ou40ii said:
kurtsstuff2003":39ou40ii said:
Deputy Ortiz was telling me that Reverb.com didn't seem very enthusiastic about helping us out with this??

Ya know, Reverb certainly has gone to shit of late. I've done 80 transactions there, am a "Preferred Seller" and all, and they've been great, until about 2017... They've just become less and less interested in doing the right thing, and more concerned about being a powerhouse seller with their Chicago Music Exchange. Their Customer Service on that end has always been stellar, but intervening, and settling Reverb, Paypal, freight claims, and scammer issues - they've just kinda said "fuck it", and their attention-span has certainly been less.

How douchey of them to not want to help a musician recover stolen property. That's just plain uncalled-for, and classless.

if they are really reluctant to lift a finger to help, it's almost as bad as endorsing the theft IMO.

I've had a Reverb account for quite a while but never bought anything there yet. Looks like I may never, either.

Well..Getting copy's of the police report and the Deputy involved with the case has contacted Reverb. Reverb is going to make this as painful as possible

Even the seller said and I quote.."Let Reverb and the authorities sort this out and do not contact me anymore" Wow!!! Most people if not all people (fellow guitar players) would do everything they could to help in getting the guitar back to me. Not Reverb or the seller (James O'Kelley). I'm not saying he's a bad guy and I kinda understand his want to distance himself from it all (No I don't..lol!) Reverb is gonna make me jump through every hoop they can find. I just wished I could contact the buyer of the guitar and get his feeling on the whole thing?? UUUUGGGHHH!!!

Back