Ceriatone amp? Best for high gain?

jlb32

Seems the Chupacabra is what I am looking for but looking for player and owner suggestions too.

Also I am wondering the tonal differences between the 100 and 50? I kind of would prefer the 50 regardless of the amp but do not want to lose tone by going the 50. If that makes sense.

Yeah, I saw the King Kong but doesn't seem the higher gain channels sound much different from the Chupacabra. Just more options overall.

Never played a Chupa But just picked up a yeti 50 and love it. modern mode has almost as much gain as my Dual Rec boosted. but the yeti is tight as hell. The difference between the yeti and Chupa is the chupa is brighter. Build quality is awesome. I emailed Nik Sunday morning with some question at 11:32 and he answered me at 11:53 and we chatted back and forth. So excellent customer service.

50 is more aggressive (angry and pissed off) than the 100, but not as loud and not as punchy. It has a "sweeter" top-end. Not as sharp.
100 has more punch and tighter low end
Chupa is brighter than Yeti but more angry and aggressive, but also a bit looser overall due to lower voltages.
Yeti is tighter low-end, but a bit smoother and less aggressive.

Easy to mod any of them to your liking. It's a good platform for tweaks. I prefer the Chupa. But I do like the tight and modern aspect to the Yeti. I've built a few of each as well as various tweaks the circuit to get a nice blend of the two. My favorite amp/circuit ever.

I recently got a Chupacabra 100 and so far I am really liking it. I've been after super pissed sounding Marshall based amps for a while and while I have had some really great amps, this one stands out right away as likely the most aggressive one yet.

Back