Suhr PT100. Should I? Or shouldn't I?

Lord Toneking

Really close to pulling the trigger on a used PT100. It's a 2016 model and I have no experience with them, only clips and some vids. It's the most I will have ever have spent on an amp and I'm somewhat hesitant. But it seems to have all the features I would need.

Please advise

Put it this way: the value for them has held very strongly. Save the box it comes in and sell it for break-even if it doesn't live up to your hopes.

...at least that's how I rationalize it to myself. "Hi, I'm JDH and I have a GAS problem."

Lord Toneking":1ywo49ke said:
Really close to pulling the trigger on a used PT100. It's a 2016 model and I have no experience with them, only clips and some vids. It's the most I will have ever have spent on an amp and I'm somewhat hesitant. But it seems to have all the features I would need.

Please advise
If it’s a great deal grab it. If not, wait for the PT50.

These are really great amps. Killer high gain Marshall style sounds and great cleans, as well as all the modern features you'd want in a modern amp. They hold their value well.

I really like them. Arguably the best Fender clean and Marshall crunch tones in one box. I much prefer the PT100 lead and crunch tones over the BE100. Much tighter and more immediate feel. Well built amps inside and out. Since you're buying used, you won't lose any $$$ if you decide to resell it.

I'm in a modern country gig and it sounds like the perfect amp for what I'm doing. Been using my Splawn QR but it's been a one trick pony. I'd like to have a stellar clean and that internal boost looks awesome.

Thanks

I had one of the originals for a few months. Amazing cleans but the gain channel sounds nothing like a Marshall. I couldn’t gel with it and don’t miss it.

great amp, tone and features....very heavy....if it's sitting in place cool..if you are gigging a lot or moving it to and from practice, know what you are getting into. At my age I'd pass on the 100 and get a 50 if it was available or find one of the many other amps that sound as killer but weight less.

TX6Strings":35hk54bi said:
I had one of the originals for a few months. Amazing cleans but the gain channel sounds nothing like a Marshall. I couldn’t gel with it and don’t miss it.

This
I kept mine for a year or so.

To get it to sound "Marshally " you need to cut the whomp and eq it different.
You played mine ya brain dead .. :bash: :bash: :2thumbsup:

John4021":1nuv7syk said:
TX6Strings":1nuv7syk said:

This

inplayed yours for like 5 seconds before you blew it up! Remember? :LOL: :LOL: I think it was still Tim's at the time you crankaholic :D

Lord Toneking":1w90cozg said:
John4021":1w90cozg said:
TX6Strings":1w90cozg said:

This

inplayed yours for like 5 seconds before you blew it up! Remember? :LOL: :LOL: I think it was still Tim's at the time you crankaholic :D

"Let's see what happens when we turn down the gain and put the master at 10"

BOOM

<heads off to Radio Shack for fuses>

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Rayneman":2m0o8e7b said:
Lord Toneking":2m0o8e7b said:
John4021":2m0o8e7b said:
TX6Strings":2m0o8e7b said:

This

"Let's see what happens when we turn down the gain and put the master at 10"

BOOM

<heads off to Radio Shack for fuses>

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
True story lol

Yins are scared of the big bad volume.
Bunch titties grabbin sissys(inside joke)

That amp did sound total bad ass until the fuse popped.
Fuckin cheap glass...LOL

This Suhr version is better in both gain channels than the original.

John4021":2e74ni54 said:
TX6Strings":2e74ni54 said:

This

Since you’re in a modern country band I would also highly recommend the Bogner 20th Shiva. It’s the most diverse amp I’ve played. There’s a local modern country band that plays often near me; the guitarist plays a Shiva and is able to hit all the tones. Try to find a Shiva if the PT falls through.

The ones I saw were built turret board style. Like a '69 or '70 Marshall. Super easy to mod. Make it what you want it to be.

It did look like really nice quality.

Back