NGD: Charvel Nitro Series!

SO, Ive actually had this here a few days and wanted to hold off on a ngd thread until I played it for a while. I was initially scared because I didn't realize the 1 3/4 nut meant the strings would ride the edge of the neck but after setting it up and playing it....freaking blown away. Neck is absolutely insane Charvel perfection. As a bit of a bonus when I pulled the neck both the neck pocket and neck heel were signed by Red Dave!
This one came from GC used in PA and wasn't even played and still has the plastic on the cavities. This is the 3rd Charvel custom shop Ive got from them like this and they've had dozens of these. This one was just finished at the end of September and sold through Music Zoo in October or November, I actually remembered seeing it on reverb and missed out. Anyways, the story I was told when I bought the second one from them is they have a customer that has money and he buys a lot new and trades them in pretty quickly. Hell, The first one I bought he traded in days after buying it, he traded it so quickly CMC guitars hadn't even pulled it out of their reverb store, I had to call them to see what was going on and if it was stolen. He also gave me the rundown on the guy.
Anyways, I initially didn't know if I was going to keep it but Ive now got 5-6hours on it over the weekend and the more I play it the more I really love it. It sounds and plays so killer. BTW, this is a non relic version!
KJBiQQbl.jpg

urTxg2Cl.jpg

IVb2wdNl.jpg

SEJBgCWl.jpg

nrAXMIYl.jpg

TrGbxx1l.jpg

Hot!

I have been gassing hard for another Charvel. Been looking around for a non trem version of something in the cheaper range.

I'm a sucker for blue guitars and for Charvels, so hell yeah, nice score. Congrats! Most of the best necks I've ever laid my hands on have been from the Charvel custom shop.

Well, new nut came today (a Floyd Original R4) and...it doesn't fit. The mounting holes are not spaced the same so I can't just drop it on. My guitar guy says the holes would have to be doweled and redrilled...which Dave on here also mentioned might happen. So Im either stuck with a great sounding guitar that is so so in the play department. You can see in the pics the E strings are almost right on the beveled edge of the frets making it SUPER hard to play without flying right off the edge of the board. I also don't want to go modifying it to put a smaller nut on. Not sure what Im going to do, maybe flip it and go Luxxtone? Anyone here have a Luxxtone and how do they compare

lessthan12":14lsui9r said:
Well, new nut came today (a Floyd Original R4) and...it doesn't fit. The mounting holes are not spaced the same so I can't just drop it on. My guitar guy says the holes would have to be doweled and redrilled...which Dave on here also mentioned might happen. So Im either stuck with a great sounding guitar that is so so in the play department. You can see in the pics the E strings are almost right on the beveled edge of the frets making it SUPER hard to play without flying right off the edge of the board. I also don't want to go modifying it to put a smaller nut on. Not sure what Im going to do, maybe flip it and go Luxxtone? Anyone here have a Luxxtone and how do they compare

have you tried calling Jerry at luxxtone? he does work for charvel 1 day a week as well. maybe he could do something about it.

Back