Hiwatt

Arv Hiwatt

Hi All,

My name is Arv, I work for the new owners of Hiwatt.

I'm posting to introduce myself, answer questions and generally talk all things Hiwatt!

The trademark was bought by a Canadian team of Hiwatt enthusiasts 2 years ago, since then they have assembled a team of highly skilled, dedicated people to bring the brand back to it's former glory.
We've used the last 2 years designing and really focussing on making the amps perfect.

The official relaunch of Hiwatt is this spring at Musikmesse in Frankfurt.

Hope you're all well and look forward to talking Hiwatt.

Arv Hiwatt":2jfnkxge said:
Hi All,

I'm posting to introduce myself, answer questions and generally talk all things Hiwatt!

The trademark was bought by a Canadian team of Hiwatt enthusiasts 2 years ago, since then they have assembled a team of highly skilled, dedicated people to bring the brand back to it's former glory.
We've used the last 2 years designing and really focussing on making the amps perfect.

Sounds awesome. I hope I can afford one.

MistaGuitah":2mlldpqj said:
Arv Hiwatt":2mlldpqj said:
Hi All,

Heard that.. The Fortin-designed high-gainer sounds SICK!

napalmdeath":3se996no said:
MistaGuitah":3se996no said:
Arv Hiwatt":3se996no said:
Hi All,

Pretty sure that's the wrong Hiwatt, that is Hiwatt UK. I believe this is the company that owns the Hiwatt name in the US and the reason the Fortin amps will be sold under the Maxwatt name here.

technomancer":2jjanm1a said:
napalmdeath":2jjanm1a said:
MistaGuitah":2jjanm1a said:
Arv Hiwatt":2jjanm1a said:
Hi All,

Pretty sure that's the wrong Hiwatt, that is Hiwatt UK. I believe this is the company that owns the Hiwatt name in the US and the reason the Fortin amps will be sold under the Maxwatt name here.

I know about the Maxwatt thing, but I've been wanting a Hiwatt Custom 50 for a while.

MistaGuitah":1cj5z4es said:
technomancer":1cj5z4es said:
napalmdeath":1cj5z4es said:
MistaGuitah":1cj5z4es said:
Arv Hiwatt":1cj5z4es said:
Hi All,

I know about the Maxwatt thing, but I've been wanting a Hiwatt Custom 50 for a while.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the responses and positivity so far!

We're Hiwatt UK (Hiwatt Electronics Ltd). Maxwatt is our sister company that trades into the US, Canada and Japan. The custom range is hand built in the same facility as Hiwatt here in the UK.

The Fortin amp is an absolute beast! There'll be more info on that soon, keep an eye out on our social media and (soon to be redesigned) website.

Cheers

Arv Hiwatt":2e5a2hnr said:
MistaGuitah":2e5a2hnr said:
technomancer":2e5a2hnr said:
napalmdeath":2e5a2hnr said:
MistaGuitah":2e5a2hnr said:
Arv Hiwatt":2e5a2hnr said:
Hi All,

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the responses and positivity so far!

We're Hiwatt UK (Hiwatt Electronics Ltd). Maxwatt is our sister company that trades into the US, Canada and Japan. The custom range is hand built in the same facility as Hiwatt here in the UK.

The Fortin amp is an absolute beast! There'll be more info on that soon, keep an eye out on our social media and (soon to be redesigned) website.

Cheers

Ah my mistake then :) Looking forward to the Fortin Custom amp(s)

Arv, will you guys be building the DR103 or an equivalent model?
As much as I love Mike's take on one (and I really do think it sounds fantastic) I would think a fairly large segment of your market would be the old classic models, and how close are they to the originals?

technomancer":1rl8lefi said:
No worries, There's been a lot of misinformation floating about and we're here to clear up any confusion.

Glad you're looking forward to it, we're ridiculously excited about this amp!

All the latest updates (and photos and videos) will be announced on our social media pages here:

Instagram
Facebook

So by all means give us a follow ;)

Cheers

JTyson":1rl8lefi said:
As much as I love Mike's take on one (and I really do think it sounds fantastic) I would think a fairly large segment of your market would be the old classic models, and how close are they to the originals?
Absolutely! The 103's, 504's etc are the backbone of Hiwatt and it's heritage.

We build them to the same military spec that Harry Joyce introduced, and they're really built with care and passion.
The new owners are huge Hiwat enthusiasts and prior to buying the company had their own collection of vintage Hiwatt's. Also we're all musicians here so it's important for us produce the greatest sounding amps on the market.

I'll post a photo of the build quality of one of our DR103's some time today.

Thanks for the question JTyson.

Best,

Arv

Arv Hiwatt":2fxo8057 said:
technomancer":2fxo8057 said:
No worries, There's been a lot of misinformation floating about and we're here to clear up any confusion.

Glad you're looking forward to it, we're ridiculously excited about this amp!

All the latest updates (and photos and videos) will be announced on our social media pages here:

Instagram
Facebook

So by all means give us a follow ;)

Cheers

JTyson":2fxo8057 said:
Absolutely! The 103's, 504's etc are the backbone of Hiwatt and it's heritage.

We build them to the same military spec that Harry Joyce introduced, and they're really built with care and passion.
The new owners are huge Hiwat enthusiasts and prior to buying the company had their own collection of vintage Hiwatt's. Also we're all musicians here so it's important for us produce the greatest sounding amps on the market.

I'll post a photo of the build quality of one of our DR103's some time today.

Thanks for the question JTyson.

Best,

Arv
Oh, I'd love to see that Arv!
Any vague idea on a price for the Fortin Hiwatt??
I dont think you guys could have picked a better guy to do a high gain model for you than Mike, He is the best in the business as far as I'm concerned :thumbsup:

JTyson":2t9tc22m said:
I dont think you guys could have picked a better guy to do a high gain model for you than Mike, He is the best in the business as far as I'm concerned :thumbsup:

He's an absolute magician when it comes to high gain, we're really excited to have him working with us.

The price of the Custom Super-HI 50 is still TBC. We'll have more details in the coming weeks.

Here's a DR103 that's been built this week - all ready for testing before we fit it up properly!

ywny0A-084qIZz4-cf29PQU6ISMRBtO3HrleezwGh2Sn4_LnGNWim8fM_AxXUFk5AXTG053bSYbBOHjJeZBZ=w1366-h662-rw

Arv Hiwatt":25me4njj said:
JTyson":25me4njj said:

He's an absolute magician when it comes to high gain, we're really excited to have him working with us.

The price of the Custom Super-HI 50 is still TBC. We'll have more details in the coming weeks.

Here's a DR103 that's been built this week - all ready for testing before we fit it up properly!

ywny0A-084qIZz4-cf29PQU6ISMRBtO3HrleezwGh2Sn4_LnGNWim8fM_AxXUFk5AXTG053bSYbBOHjJeZBZ=w1366-h662-rw

Just found this:

https://reverb.com/item/10581640-maxwat ... fortin-new

Is this accurate?

cyphervox":d03gb1w8 said:
Arv Hiwatt":d03gb1w8 said:
JTyson":d03gb1w8 said:

Just found this:

Is this accurate?

Hi Cyphervox,

It certainly is - Looks like our guys over in Canada have have got the ball rolling over the weekend!

Arv Hiwatt":3d1jn4qs said:
cyphervox":3d1jn4qs said:
Arv Hiwatt":3d1jn4qs said:
JTyson":3d1jn4qs said:

Just found this:

Is this accurate?

Hi Cyphervox,

It certainly is - Looks like our guys over in Canada have have got the ball rolling over the weekend!

Thank you for confirming. Are all of the features in the description accurate? This version is a single-channel amp with gain that goes from crunch to high-gain? Will the production version have low and high inputs, a foot-switchable boost, or an effects loop, by any chance?

cyphervox":3j3plf73 said:
Arv Hiwatt":3j3plf73 said:
cyphervox":3j3plf73 said:
Arv Hiwatt":3j3plf73 said:
JTyson":3j3plf73 said:

Just found this:

Is this accurate?

Hi Cyphervox,

Thank you for confirming. Are all of the features in the description accurate? This version is a single-channel amp with gain that goes from crunch to high-gain? Will the production version have low and high inputs, a foot-switchable boost, or an effects loop, by any chance?

Yes I am a bit confused as I thought the full feature set was going to be available on the Custom.

Back