Looks like a fun build.

27751614_10215512863392883_3826526185937328880_n.jpg

27858319_10215512863432884_8186519644618902945_n.jpg

Bulk Wrap":1jvy37e7 said:
Anybody seen a price on these kits yet?

Looks like a fun build.

27751614_10215512863392883_3826526185937328880_n.jpg

27858319_10215512863432884_8186519644618902945_n.jpg

There's already a thread - Ceriatone "Brown Eye"..

What I've seen is $1450 for the 50, $1600 for the 100. That's BUILT.

napalmdeath":38fo4ryb said:
Ok, but how much for the kit?

I'm one of those weird dudes that builds and mods his own gear rather than buy/flip gear.

:)

Bulk Wrap":34ka8v2o said:
napalmdeath":34ka8v2o said:
Ok, but how much for the kit?

I'm one of those weird dudes that builds and mods his own gear rather than buy/flip gear.

:)

I'm willing to bet you $1,000,000 that Nik @ Ceriatone can tell you the price of the product that he, himself, sells.

I'm going to buy one. Already sent an email to Nik. I always wanted a BE, but couldn't afford it so I settled for a Smallbox. Now it will be mine :thumbsup:

FourT6and2":14pe4uhg said:
I'm willing to bet you $1,000,000 that Nik @ Ceriatone can tell you the price of the product that he, himself, sells.
I never gamble with my amp money.

Has Ceriatone/Nick done anything to improve their loop?

Also, it looks like they are using a 3-way Era switch instead of the Sat switch. That might be interesting. That's in addition to the Gain Structure.

Junk Yard Dog":1fgchjeq said:
Anyone play or have one yet?
Hardly, but that's by far the amp that delivers the most sand in the vagina effects at TGP community, which is a huge plus in my book.

Junk Yard Dog":k1il4t3y said:

Also, it looks like they are using a 3-way Era switch instead of the Sat switch. That might be interesting. That's in addition to the Gain Structure.
That looks to be a carry over from the Chupa/Yeti/King Kong. If you're gonna put a Sat switch on there, might as well give 3 options instead of just 2. Same with Bright switches.

As long as it is made to take a Metro loop as far as hole spacing/room inside/etc then it's not that hard to get one in there but you really shouldn't have to do that, it should have a decent loop from the jump. Hopefully with a Return Level...labeled 'Master Volume'...and located on the front panel. :yes:

SpiderWars":2nv2wkcz said:
Junk Yard Dog":2nv2wkcz said:

That looks to be a carry over from the Chupa/Yeti/King Kong. If you're gonna put a Sat switch on there, might as well give 3 options instead of just 2. Same with Bright switches.

As long as it is made to take a Metro loop as far as hole spacing/room inside/etc then it's not that hard to get one in there but you really shouldn't have to do that, it should have a decent loop from the jump. Hopefully with a Return Level...labeled 'Master Volume'...and located on the front panel. :yes:
To me, the SAT isn't especially useful on the BE due to loss of top end of an otherwise dark amp. Varying levels of clipping without more tweakability of the NFB (like in the BE50) is a waste

scottosan":14opu7vq said:
SpiderWars":14opu7vq said:
Junk Yard Dog":14opu7vq said:

To me, the SAT isn't especially useful on the BE due to loss of top end of an otherwise dark amp. Varying levels of clipping without more tweakability of the NFB (like in the BE50) is a waste

Cool. So you're staying that diode clipping/Sat switches are best optimized when you have a NFB control like the Response on the BE50?

I have the BE50 and a modded amp from BFG that has the NFB/Response/Growl control and I feel every amp should have one.

Cheers!

Junk Yard Dog":22numupg said:
scottosan":22numupg said:
SpiderWars":22numupg said:
Junk Yard Dog":22numupg said:

Cool. So you're staying that diode clipping/Sat switches are best optimized when you have a NFB control like the Response on the BE50?

I have the BE50 and a modded amp from BFG that has the NFB/Response/Growl control and I feel every amp should have one.

Cheers!
yes. I think added brightness (by increasing the NFB resistor like the response control) lets you dial in some lost high end. On my BE clone, I do this with a 3-way NFB switch instead of a potentiometer.

Zado":3fm1yuqp said:
Junk Yard Dog":3fm1yuqp said:
Anyone play or have one yet?
Hardly, but that's by far the amp that delivers the most sand in the vagina effects at TGP community, which is a huge plus in my book.
Make no mistake good sir, that some in the RT community will also feel some butthurt over this as well.

Many here will defend their Friedmans and curse those who DARE copy this much celebrated and worshipped circuit.....
Wait for it....the butthurt shall soon flow......

Yes I agree, the displeasure will brew and end up in the thread LOL! Never played this amp but owned a Chupacabra 100 that flat smoked, with the exception of the crappy loop (which I knew before I bought it so was fine with it)

On Ceriatone's website under accessories it shows a mod:buffered loop with swithch . It's $75 dollars built into you amp .

Zado":1ppi8yvx said:
...delivers the most sand in the vagina effects at TGP community...
What's your Paypal e-mail? I'm invoicing you for one quad-shot mocha and a roll of paper towels. gatdam, that was funny. :D

I've recently become a Friedman fanatic: I have the BE50, and Platinum Pedalboard. I'm looking at possibly adding a 100watter, and of course, would love a BE100 Deluxe...Perhaps I just need to control the impulse. I've been looking at used modded Friedman BE100s on Reverb.

Regardless, I can completely understand the butthurt and I'm not sure how I would feel as the builder of the heralded amp.

I cannot say enough great things about my BE50 and Dave's customer service. Class act all the way and I love his products. I feel gross for even asking about Ceriatone's version, but it's just part of the whole ' GAS/OCD thing' as you all know.

I'm far from a Friedman fanboy but I just listened to the clips that Nik listed as High Gain AH100 and :confused: . It might be they way the clips were recorded but it did not even come close the BE100 gain or tone, it sounded loose on the lows and congested with no high end detail, ( I did not listen to the clean channel) maybe I will listen again but it was far from impressive and does not compare to a BE100 or BE modded Marshall clips out there. Am I the only who hears it this way? Just calling it the way I heard it.

Now I also heard bad clips of the Chupa and then some good ones maybe that is what it is going on here... :confused:

Back