New job! Let the madness begin!

napalmdeath

Finally, after 9 months of looking for the RIGHT job, I landed it! Great pay, benefits, and employee-owned with profit-sharing and stock options.

I had to sell everything, and been putzing around with a Cube 20 and an Ibanez RG, which neither has had my interest. So, now it's time to upgrade. I kept my 4x12, so now it's time for a head. As for guitar, I think I'm going to finally order an Edwards LP Custom! I've wanted one for so long, and I'm going to go for it. The used market is so fucked up right now, finding anything reasonably priced is a waste. Prices people are asking for used guitars right now are rediculous.

As for amp, I'm undecided. Part of me wants to check out an Amplifire or possibly Helix LT and a power amp, so I can still play low volume or even headphones, since I can't really play loud yet.

Great to hear! Congrats!

I just received my year end bonus and went on a gear binge myself. Feels good!

There are still deals to be had. You're right that there are a TON of classifieds/craigslist/Reverb/etc that have way high prices but people still fire sale stuff. You just have to be diligent (checking everyday) and patient. GC.online Used Gear is actually a good resource for gaging max price you should be paying (and you can return it there, which has value imo).

SpiderWars":1mqctwcc said:
There are still deals to be had. You're right that there are a TON of classifieds/craigslist/Reverb/etc that have way high prices but people still fire sale stuff. You just have to be diligent (checking everyday) and patient. GC.online Used Gear is actually a good resource for gaging max price you should be paying (and you can return it there, which has value imo).

I've noticed, best deals seem to show up in GC used!

Congratulations man!! It's nice to hear that somebody on here is tuning shit around!

Just a quick "check into this" suggestion.
If you do get an Amplifire you might consider running it through something like this.

http://usa.matrixamplification.com/speakers/fr10.html

fr10_left_fakelogo_1024.jpg

napalmdeath":3j4u37qz said:
SpiderWars":3j4u37qz said:

For sure man! Think I bought 4 Amps Thru guitar center last year. Super cheap deals.
I picked up a MINT framus Cobra for $900 thru them.

Mailman1971":1xtvdjxg said:
napalmdeath":1xtvdjxg said:
SpiderWars":1xtvdjxg said:

For sure man! Think I bought 4 Amps Thru guitar center last year. Super cheap deals.

The Cobra has been on the bucket list.. How do you like it?

napalmdeath":30flpt9h said:
Mailman1971":30flpt9h said:
napalmdeath":30flpt9h said:
SpiderWars":30flpt9h said:

The Cobra has been on the bucket list.. How do you like it?
I liked it a lot. But it was sorta overlapping with the modded recto so I sold it.
My main I play is that Evh el34 stealth and the Archon
That Archon kicks ass man.

Grats on the job dude! I've tried the Helix Native plugin, I don't see the magic with any of the high gain stuff but it's fun to mess with. I'd opt for tube and one of the many options of loadbox + headphones. Cheapest that comes to mind is a 2notes captor (load/attenuation) + Mooer Radar (cabs+headphones). Best of luck!

errrrrl":4opk2e2r said:
Grats on the job dude! I've tried the Helix Native plugin, I don't see the magic with any of the high gain stuff but it's fun to mess with. I'd opt for tube and one of the many options of loadbox + headphones. Cheapest that comes to mind is a 2notes captor (load/attenuation) + Mooer Radar (cabs+headphones). Best of luck!

I think I might get a new DSL1HR for now. 1 watt of beastly power! I'll run it through my 4x12 for awhile.

Beyond Black":3n8f86zn said:
If you're not familiar with this seller, he's very reliable and his prices often beat sellers on EBay and Reverb.....https://global.rakuten.com/en/category/400118/
I'm pretty sure sellers can't ship guitars with rosewood from Japan (unless it's not from a storefront like the ones listed on ebay?)... I tried to order last month from Ichibashi music and this is part of the email I got:

This is Hiroaki.

Thank you very much for your enquiry for the following guitar.

* ORVILLE / LPC-75 AW /08-315355112
60,000 x 1 = 60,000

However we need to stop to ship the guitar which has Rosewood material for a while.

Unfortunately, we have had to place a temporary stop on selling items that has any parts made of either Rosewood, Bubinga, African Blackwood, and/or Cocobolo, to customers outside of Japan. This is because of new directives from CITES.

You can read a bit more about the restriction here:
https://cites.org/eng/new_CITES_trade_r ... s_02012017

We already started to get export lisence for rosewood items, but only for the guitars we bought before 1st January 2017.
Unfortunately we bought this guitar January 2018...

So we can not get the export lisence for this item.
I am sorry for the inconvenience in this time.

If you have question, please feel free to ask me.

If you have question, please feel free to ask me.
Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Hiroaki Gohno/International Sales Agent

The Edwards LP Customs have ebony fretboards :)
Ebony is still possible to ship across borders without considering CITES.
It's mostly Dalbergia (Rosewood) that is the culprit.

Back