Ordered a KSR Gemini... the wait begins!

JerEvil

So I have talked with Kyle for YEARS about checking out some of the KSR stuff. Even back when the Rhodes prototypes were going around for demos. Anyway, fast forward to NAMM 2018 and we finally got a chance to meet in person and I did the vid of the Juno. Playing it and the Gemini I knew I had to have ONE of these guys.

It came down to the MIDI implementation of the Gemini. I really want to incorporate all those voicing and settings with my Helix in 4cm for all the gigs I don't play! LOL! The Juno is amazing and it was tough deciding between the two but ultimately I like the more modern feel of the Gemini to cover different ground than my current yet dwindling stable of modded Marshall type tones. This will be great for the 7 string and low tuned stuff I am doing.

Anyway, I went with a custom purple faceplate and the metal LED faceplate (Field Panel) AND mine will be one of two currently that have an actual dedicated EQ for the Crunch channel. The only other Gemini that has it is Joe Satriani's. It is a mod that Kyle will do for anyone but I guess it's a new thing.

Anywho, here's an "in progress" pic of my baby being built!

PLmdmLGl.jpg

Will definitely be doing a full play through of it and some other vids as well. Would LOVE to demo the whole lineup... :)

Congrats and excellent choice on the Gemini with purple panels. They look sick in person. Love mine. Didn’t love the 7 month wait... but his amps are pretty killer.

Wizard of Ozz":2axbhfdv said:
Congrats and excellent choice on the Gemini with purple panels. They look sick in person. Love mine. Didn’t love the 7 month wait... but his amps are pretty killer.
Thanks man. Tom (gsxbxr) or whatever his handle is mentioned they did colored faceplates. I saw the purple and HAD to have it! Kyle's doing a Gemini run now so hopefully it won't take that long...

Mailman1971":2axbhfdv said:
Congrats man!!
Couple of my buds got that Amp and SWEAR by it.
Never had a chance to play one. :rock:
Thanks bro! I got some low volume time with it at NAMM with a Kiesel Vader and it sounded insane. I haven't been this excited about an amp in ages.

JerEvil":3ofbj41i said:
Wizard of Ozz":3ofbj41i said:
Thanks man. Tom (gsxbxr) or whatever his handle is mentioned they did colored faceplates. I saw the purple and HAD to have it! Kyle's doing a Gemini run now so hopefully it won't take that long...

Mailman1971":3ofbj41i said:
Congrats man!!
Thanks bro! I got some low volume time with it at NAMM with a Kiesel Vader and it sounded insane. I haven't been this excited about an amp in ages.

I love my Gemini. Sounds incredible through my Fryette Fat Bottom cab loaded with Fanes. I'm actually thinking about getting the Juno too. Nice to know you can get different colored face plates. I would need a black one to match the Gemini. My OCD can't handle it if they looked different. lol

technomancer":3l4zausq said:
Mmmmm purple
Right??? I know this is lame but the purple faceplate with the LED panel is gonna be sick on stage... I know it's not a cheap upgrade but I could not imagine a KSR in a regular headshell. I know they look good stock but if you're gonna be at almost $3k anyway, spend the few extra bucks says I. That's why I went with the Gemini over the Orhtos or Juno for my firs time with KSR. If I didn't get the options, especially the MIDI I know I'd kick myself in the butt for it a few months later when it's too late. I almost got the Colossus but then talked to Kyle about the dedicated EQ for the Crunch channel and knew I'd be happy with that.

mhenson42":3l4zausq said:
JerEvil":3l4zausq said:
Wizard of Ozz":3l4zausq said:

Mailman1971":3l4zausq said:
Congrats man!!

I love my Gemini. Sounds incredible through my Fryette Fat Bottom cab loaded with Fanes. I'm actually thinking about getting the Juno too. Nice to know you can get different colored face plates. I would need a black one to match the Gemini. My OCD can't handle it if they looked different. lol
I hear that! Since I know you and I have similar tastes in tones I feel confident that I will love the Gemini. My Juno will probably have a Green faceplate so then I would have the proper Misfits colors! Yup... I am that lame!

eartha-d-wolfsblood.jpg

Awesome man! I'm jealous. I'm sure the Gemini is sick; enjoy!!!

You know how I feel about the Ares from our conversation the other night; Kyle's stuff is AMAZING :thumbsup: I go back and forth between several amps in the stall, and while the others I have are great, the Ares is the stand out for me. We'll see if that changes when the Quickrod shows up hahahaha!

I will more than likely pick up a Juno down the road once they start surfacing on the used market.

MetalHeadMike":3i5g0y4o said:

You know how I feel about the Ares from our conversation the other night; Kyle's stuff is AMAZING :thumbsup: I go back and forth between several amps in the stall, and while the others I have are great, the Ares is the stand out for me. We'll see if that changes when the Quickrod shows up hahahaha!

I will more than likely pick up a Juno down the road once they start surfacing on the used market.

I have my Ares sounding real close in thump and dark tonal mids to my quickrod. The Ares is a tad more vocal or COC like in tone but the Splawn has that raw plexi ish thing going on. Keeping both. They are both very mean sounding!

rottingcorpse":3l4nzsrs said:
You are gonna love it. It's the only amp I love more than the Diezels and the UL.
Nice! After playing it and the Juno at NAMM Inhad no reservations offloading a few amps that weren’t getting played enough.

garey77":3l4nzsrs said:
Welcome to the club!! Juno’s next for me.
Is there a handshake I need to learn? Juno is definitely on my radar as well.

MetalHeadMike":3l4nzsrs said:

Yeah man I think this and the BE50 Deluxe will do me just fine. Still deciding between that and the Juno...

Wow dude, congrats! I'm stoked for you and jealous at the same time lol. Been eyeing KSR stuff for awhile now and Gsxrbusa/Toms youtube clips aren't helping... So what is the wait line anyway?

errrrrl":2yhbns77 said:
Wow dude, congrats! I'm stoked for you and jealous at the same time lol. Been eyeing KSR stuff for awhile now and Gsxrbusa/Toms youtube clips aren't helping... So what is the wait line anyway?
Lol! Thanks man. I’ll be ordering a Juno or BE50 as well shortly.

Kyle said 12 weeks on this guy as he already had a Gemini build block getting started. He build in small batches. You can see in the op he’s going on mine so I’m excited!

errrrrl":3j41z22p said:

I think you'd really dig the KSR stuff.

Nice! Kyle's stuff is great. The right mix of tightness, clarity, and saturation. I've had my Colossus for 4 years now, and the only thing I wish it had was the dual gains and extra gain stage of the Gemini.

Back