Peavey Rockmaster preamp/Classic 60 power amp clip

Rock masters are awesome. Never cared for the Peavey power amps though. Doesn't the Rockmaster have some weird proprietary footswitch?

Jeff Hilligan":v3d2cv7h said:
I now have gas. This was my rig in the 90's

I'm on my second RM and Classic 60 power amp. Sold the first rig and about a year later regretted it.

gtrwun":v3d2cv7h said:
Sounds great. I used a Rockmaster for years. Great preamp.

Thanks, appreciate the comments!

skoora":v3d2cv7h said:
Rock masters are awesome. Never cared for the Peavey power amps though. Doesn't the Rockmaster have some weird proprietary footswitch?

I have the footswitch but never use it as I live on the ultra channel. Don't know if it's weird or proprietary.

:confused:

After googling it I realized what sucked about the footswitch was if you didn't have it, finding one that worked all 3 channels clearly wasn't easy. But this was back in the 90's.

Had one in a rig a lot time ago....liked it a lot....If i'm remembering right there was a loud pop when switching channels.

Love my rockmaster. It's my main "amp" for gigs out of town.

About the switch: I've never had trouble using whatever FS I have at hand. Right now I use it with a marshall 2-button switch (no leds) and I can access all 3 channels, I've used it with a vox 1-button switch and I can go from clean to ultra (which is what I use). I've used it with my single button mesa rectifier switch, and the only "problem" is that the led turns on when you are on the clean channel, but it's easy to get used to it.

You just have to make sure the 8970897 loop jacks are clean, and hopefully change the relays (I did it myself) as they tend to shit the bed after so many years, and it will work like a charm. Killer tone that cuts in the mix like no other. :rock:

chaosmonger":2qjd5yen said:
Love my rockmaster. It's my main "amp" for gigs out of town.

About the switch: I've never had trouble using whatever FS I have at hand. Right now I use it with a marshall 2-button switch (no leds) and I can access all 3 channels, I've used it with a vox 1-button switch and I can go from clean to ultra (which is what I use). I've used it with my single button mesa rectifier switch, and the only "problem" is that the led turns on when you are on the clean channel, but it's easy to get used to it.

You just have to make sure the 8970897 loop jacks are clean, and hopefully change the relays (I did it myself) as they tend to shit the bed after so many years, and it will work like a charm. Killer tone that cuts in the mix like no other. :rock:

Agreed. Same with the Ultra 60/120, which is basically a Rockmaster pre in head form with 6L6 power.

Back