NGD Yesterday Ibanez prestige RG652 AHM Antique White Blonde

I ordered the guitar on Tuesday,my Prestige RG652 AHM..got here yesterday about 10:30am..I love it,and the Maple fingerboard has a nice figured Birdseye Maple pattern.now I did just buy another new Ibanez RGAI6R 2 months ago,but its in Flat Black with no clear coat,so I just wipe it down with a dry clean soft cloth,and it looks like new still..this new 652 AHM has a very thin coat of Poly on the body,at least thats what I have read,but in the owners manual it says "To clean off dirt that has adhered to an oil finished body use a pencil eraser,fine sandpaper 1000 grit or higher or the ultra fine 0000 steel wool to loosen the old accumulated gunk..I would think this might work on the fretboard,not the guitar body..I will not be gigging at all and the guitar will stay clean and in its case when not being used,but to me it sounds kinda crazy to use the abrasives to clean the body with..I use THE GUITAR ONE guitar polish on my other guitars with clear coats and works great..Anyone here see this in their Ibanez Maintenance Manual,and if so what do you use ? I will try to load pictures later. :thumbsup:

i have been trying to load pics since last night..I keep seeing this...the file is too large...I have it down to 30% and still nothing so I give up on loading pics here.

crwnedblasphemy":2z3x74o8 said:
Would like to try the 752ahm vintage white, just don’t know where to get one
I got mine through AMS,and I see the 7 stringer but always in the Nebula Green..I am very happy with mine for sure,I just took off the original strings and put on the D'addario NYXL's and it just sounds and plays awesome.Happy I went ahead and got it,but my plan was/still is to pay off my other RGA and get the coming out soon PRS Tremonti MT15 small tube head,they had it listed as arriving in mid May and I just saw it shows coming anyday now in early March..If I see the 7 string in Antique white blonde I will let you know.

Thanks. I see ithe white one only available in Europe/France. Maybe I can call my Sweetwater rep and see what they can do?

riffermadness":1fyvnxc0 said:
I ordered the guitar on Tuesday,my Prestige RG652 AHM..got here yesterday about 10:30am..I love it,and the Maple fingerboard has a nice figured Birdseye Maple pattern.now I did just buy another new Ibanez RGAI6R 2 months ago,but its in Flat Black with no clear coat,so I just wipe it down with a dry clean soft cloth,and it looks like new still..this new 652 AHM has a very thin coat of Poly on the body,at least thats what I have read,but in the owners manual it says "To clean off dirt that has adhered to an oil finished body use a pencil eraser,fine sandpaper 1000 grit or higher or the ultra fine 0000 steel wool to loosen the old accumulated gunk..I would think this might work on the fretboard,not the guitar body..I will not be gigging at all and the guitar will stay clean and in its case when not being used,but to me it sounds kinda crazy to use the abrasives to clean the body with..I use THE GUITAR ONE guitar polish on my other guitars with clear coats and works great..Anyone here see this in their Ibanez Maintenance Manual,and if so what do you use ? I will try to load pictures later. :thumbsup:

How's the pickups?

Back