Fortin ZULL owners. Assistance needed.

1meanplexi

This is maddening...Why is the ZUUL boosting my volume when engaged???? Using the key input split off from a y-cable (same results using a JHS splitter) then to my FX loop. Mesa Single knob loop (the good one) . I tested a Decimator G string and that does not boost the volume. Anyone??? Thanks!

There is a switch on the side to set it to +4DB / -10DB next to the key input - it sounds line yours is on +4DB and hence boosting your loop.

Flick it to the other setting and see if that helps! :)

webrthomson":319t7li1 said:
There is a switch on the side to set it to +4DB / -10DB next to the key input - it sounds line yours is on +4DB and hence boosting your loop.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try it in both positions. I don't know :doh:

1meanplexi":1aad2bar said:
webrthomson":1aad2bar said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try it in both positions. I don't know :doh:

I'd talk to Mike then - sounds like there is an issue with it - best of luck!

fearhk213":1gk10ixn said:
Any input on the thread you started on that FB page?

I sent an email to fortin and they want me to make a clip showing the issue. But really nothing on the FB thread.

I recently had this issue pop up with unrelated pedals in my effects loop. The issue for me is that of impedance. I need a buffer in my signal chain. The bypass tone is kinda dull and rounded, but I compensate for that when I dial it in. Then, if I kick on any effect, it gets sharper and brighter, giving the illusion of being louder (it might actually be a hair louder). This is because the change in impedance from the effect mitigates the capacitance dulling the sound. I would either get a dedicated buffer, or an "always on" pedal like an EQ or... uh... a noise gate.

Back