BE-50 Deluxe en Route...

I’m playing with it more to give my review and also compare it to my Splawn, as someone asked, is it $2k better for my needs, etc.

I would like for something to tell me what they think of the Voice and Gain Structure Switches.

I opened it up more this morning and, uh........yeah, I do get better why these amps are on a pedastool.

Junk Yard Dog":1lxk6wyp said:
I’m playing with it more to give my review and also compare it to my Splawn, as someone asked, is it $2k better for my needs, etc.

I would like for something to tell me what they think of the Voice and Gain Structure Switches.

I opened it up more this morning and, uh........yeah, I do get better why these amps are on a pedastool.
The Voice doesn’t do much. What it does can easily be matched by just adjusting the eq. The Gain Structure is kinda cool but should have been put on the front of the amp.

LP Freak":285gsv1m said:
The Voice doesn’t do much. What it does can easily be matched by just adjusting the eq. The Gain Structure is kinda cool but should have been put on the front of the amp.

Yeah. Agree. I like the Gain and Voice switch in one position out if the three; the variation is kinda subtle. I don’t care too much for Fat. Sat is awesome. The Pentode/Triode is awesome. Loop as a Master volume is awesome. Master volumes are pretty great, too.

Love his amps!
pOty6yQ.jpg

Ok, I brought it to my friends house and played it at a house (not my apartment) at what I would say was almos gig volume.

I was there to test out his Bogner OS 2x12 and see if it outperformed my Stagecraft Diagonal 2x12. He’s trying to sell his Bogner OS and I used to have one.

Holy. Fuckin. Shit. ...More to come. I think I should start another thread....

I’ll put it this way, my friend shit his pants. He wasn’t too familiar with Friedman’s and he never heard or played one. His wife wasn’t happy I brought over the B50. She just kept shaking her head and he just kept smiling and laughing in disbelief.

Congrats on the new amp! It is an incredible piece of gear! I’ve been enjoying mine through rehearsals and gigs since the end of Nov. Really, really happy with it! I love the Friedman stuff so much that I just bought a Dirty Shirley mini head last week. Killer little setup as well!

Lord Toneking":195nct2v said:
Junk Yard Dog":195nct2v said:
Beandust":195nct2v said:
Be100 is a game changer. As for me i dig it because its the sound. Not a Vintage marshall, i would buy that if thats what i was after. I like the dark/aggressive tones it can do with a Marshall midrange character. Congrats. What about the Helios did u not bond with may i ask?

The Bogner was great, over double what I paid for the Splawn. It was louder than I needed and the loop volume control was not as good as the Splawns, in that I felt the tone on the Splawn was better when using the loop volume. Also, the Splawn just had more gain without needing a boost.

I think the tone and the options of the Helios were better for TRUE Plexi clean and hot rodded tones. I don't play clean ever as I use mid-gain and lower my guitar's volume.

I A/B'd the Splawn and the BE50 at apartment volumes last night. BE50 is pretty amazing. I didn't find a three-way variation in the Voice switch and Gain Structure Switch: I only heard TWO variations, but that could be because it was at apartment volumes. I remember this being the same when i tried the BE100 at Guitar Center. Maybe it needs more to hear all three options on the switches.

I think the BE needs to be at gig volumes or louder home volumes to really appreciate what it does. I can certainly hear it's amazingness. It definitely has a little better articulation under high gain than the Splawn.
So seriously, is it worth the thousands more than the Splawn?? Ive been using a QR since 06 and I keep selling off every amp I buy to replace it. The Friedman stuff has my my interest but I'm just leary of spending that kind of money. I just paid a crap load for a PT100 and can honestly say that I like my old beat to crap QR better
2k better? Would depend on the individual spending or calculating the $spent. Music gear is a retail markup/market from the word go. I tried a couple splawn amps and could not bond. Scott is a class act and has well earned products. Solid dependable and highly regarded. Can u put a price on that? Same for Friedman. If the splawn had the tones i get from the be100 I would own one without question. It was more of a feel thing from my experience. The splawn also had a high end mid range sound I wasn't as fond of, overall just felt stiff to me. Being a hackenstein has its disadvantages. Owned a small box liked it ,not as much as the be100. I hate to.make a $reference about cost. It sucks but the good stuff cost. So yes. It's 2k better for me. YMMV

Beandust":2m5rqshn said:
Lord Toneking":2m5rqshn said:
Junk Yard Dog":2m5rqshn said:
Beandust":2m5rqshn said:
Be100 is a game changer. As for me i dig it because its the sound. Not a Vintage marshall, i would buy that if thats what i was after. I like the dark/aggressive tones it can do with a Marshall midrange character. Congrats. What about the Helios did u not bond with may i ask?

The Bogner was great, over double what I paid for the Splawn. It was louder than I needed and the loop volume control was not as good as the Splawns, in that I felt the tone on the Splawn was better when using the loop volume. Also, the Splawn just had more gain without needing a boost.

I think the tone and the options of the Helios were better for TRUE Plexi clean and hot rodded tones. I don't play clean ever as I use mid-gain and lower my guitar's volume.

I A/B'd the Splawn and the BE50 at apartment volumes last night. BE50 is pretty amazing. I didn't find a three-way variation in the Voice switch and Gain Structure Switch: I only heard TWO variations, but that could be because it was at apartment volumes. I remember this being the same when i tried the BE100 at Guitar Center. Maybe it needs more to hear all three options on the switches.

I think the BE needs to be at gig volumes or louder home volumes to really appreciate what it does. I can certainly hear it's amazingness. It definitely has a little better articulation under high gain than the Splawn.
So seriously, is it worth the thousands more than the Splawn?? Ive been using a QR since 06 and I keep selling off every amp I buy to replace it. The Friedman stuff has my my interest but I'm just leary of spending that kind of money. I just paid a crap load for a PT100 and can honestly say that I like my old beat to crap QR better
2k better? Would depend on the individual spending or calculating the $spent. Music gear is a retail markup/market from the word go. I tried a couple splawn amps and could not bond. Scott is a class act and has well earned products. Solid dependable and highly regarded. Can u put a price on that? Same for Friedman. If the splawn had the tones i get from the be100 I would own one without question. It was more of a feel thing from my experience. The splawn also had a high end mid range sound I wasn't as fond of, overall just felt stiff to me. Being a hackenstein has its disadvantages. Owned a small box liked it ,not as much as the be100. I hate to.make a $reference about cost. It sucks but the good stuff cost. So yes. It's 2k better for me. YMMV

Yup, you can read my exhausting review in the rig-talk forum. I agree with you that it's subjective, but after playing the BE50 in band jam and even before that, for a second time in my tiny apartment, I knew it was on another level and I'm not regretting my decision to spend what I spent on the BE50. ...That said, everyone owe's it to themselves to play a Splawn, if not own one, at some point. I love Splawns.

DAMMIT MAN. :doh: :doh:

I'm in save mode right now trying to put back cash (trying to avoid financing an amp) for a 101b....my desert island amp.....and this thing comes along. This beast looks and sounds like a game changer. Now I'm second-guessing as to whether to try and get this instead.

G.A.S is an evil bitch.

Junk Yard Dog":oaz1wvet said:
Beandust":oaz1wvet said:
Lord Toneking":oaz1wvet said:
Junk Yard Dog":oaz1wvet said:
Beandust":oaz1wvet said:

Yup, you can read my exhausting review in the rig-talk forum. I agree with you that it's subjective, but after playing the BE50 in band jam and even before that, for a second time in my tiny apartment, I knew it was on another level and I'm not regretting my decision to spend what I spent on the BE50. ...That said, everyone owe's it to themselves to play a Splawn, if not own one, at some point. I love Splawns.
I did read that, was a very good review and greatly appreciate the time! Same for the Helios. :rock:

Back