BE-50 Deluxe en Route...

Junk Yard Dog

Most money I've ever spent on an amp. Prior to this, it was the Bogner Helios, which I liked my Splawn more, so it didn't last long. I hope the the BE-50 is worth the price (to me)!

Friedman amps kick serious ass. I have a SS100 that I had Dave change up a bit and it is INCREDIBLE!! you will be super fired up when you play it for sure man!

I'm still in my 3 year period of my Honeymoon with the BE-100. I can't get enough of Friedman's amps

My BE100 is the measuring stick for amps in the "modded Marshall" vein.
The BE100 is still here.
A lot of other amps have come and gone.
Congrats :rock:
Friedman amps have some serious mojo going on...You won't be disappointed!

I won't be able to really open it up until this Sunday at band jam, but my initial impression is the clean is tremendously awesome...and I don't play clean or have clean channels on any of my amps.

Be100 is a game changer. As for me i dig it because its the sound. Not a Vintage marshall, i would buy that if thats what i was after. I like the dark/aggressive tones it can do with a Marshall midrange character. Congrats. What about the Helios did u not bond with may i ask?

Beandust":2cyrov5e said:
Be100 is a game changer. As for me i dig it because its the sound. Not a Vintage marshall, i would buy that if thats what i was after. I like the dark/aggressive tones it can do with a Marshall midrange character. Congrats. What about the Helios did u not bond with may i ask?

The Bogner was great, over double what I paid for the Splawn. It was louder than I needed and the loop volume control was not as good as the Splawns, in that I felt the tone on the Splawn was better when using the loop volume. Also, the Splawn just had more gain without needing a boost.

I think the tone and the options of the Helios were better for TRUE Plexi clean and hot rodded tones. I don't play clean ever as I use mid-gain and lower my guitar's volume.

I A/B'd the Splawn and the BE50 at apartment volumes last night. BE50 is pretty amazing. I didn't find a three-way variation in the Voice switch and Gain Structure Switch: I only heard TWO variations, but that could be because it was at apartment volumes. I remember this being the same when i tried the BE100 at Guitar Center. Maybe it needs more to hear all three options on the switches.

I think the BE needs to be at gig volumes or louder home volumes to really appreciate what it does. I can certainly hear it's amazingness. It definitely has a little better articulation under high gain than the Splawn.

Very good info! Thanks man. Hope you enjoy the Deluxe, definitly a boutique beast. Love the tones from Friedman

Congrats! As others have said, Friedman is definitely my measuring stick as well for modded Marshall tones.

Junk Yard Dog":25dl2dfp said:
Beandust":25dl2dfp said:

The Bogner was great, over double what I paid for the Splawn. It was louder than I needed and the loop volume control was not as good as the Splawns, in that I felt the tone on the Splawn was better when using the loop volume. Also, the Splawn just had more gain without needing a boost.

I think the tone and the options of the Helios were better for TRUE Plexi clean and hot rodded tones. I don't play clean ever as I use mid-gain and lower my guitar's volume.

I A/B'd the Splawn and the BE50 at apartment volumes last night. BE50 is pretty amazing. I didn't find a three-way variation in the Voice switch and Gain Structure Switch: I only heard TWO variations, but that could be because it was at apartment volumes. I remember this being the same when i tried the BE100 at Guitar Center. Maybe it needs more to hear all three options on the switches.

I think the BE needs to be at gig volumes or louder home volumes to really appreciate what it does. I can certainly hear it's amazingness. It definitely has a little better articulation under high gain than the Splawn.

Long time Splawn Quickrod user here and I have now been using a Helios for more than a year. I moved away from the Splawns I had and prefer the Helios personally. What I find interesting in your experience is the loop volume being better on the Splawn. I found just the opposite. On the 2 QRs I had I could hear a noticeable difference in tone when the loop was on and the volume was dialed back at all. On the other hand, on my Helios I don't hear a difference at all.

Any way....sorry for derailing the thread. Congrats on the new amp!!!

JerEvil":d7tbl1zc said:
Congrats! As others have said, Friedman is definitely my measuring stick as well for modded Marshall tones.

...How about compared to your Bottle Rocket? That one still a keeper?

Junk Yard Dog":37cld1a0 said:
Other BE50 Users: What settings are you using?
I have the Structure Switch on high

JNTCOPIl.jpg

Junk Yard Dog":3q8crksd said:
Beandust":3q8crksd said:

So seriously, is it worth the thousands more than the Splawn?? Ive been using a QR since 06 and I keep selling off every amp I buy to replace it. The Friedman stuff has my my interest but I'm just leary of spending that kind of money. I just paid a crap load for a PT100 and can honestly say that I like my old beat to crap QR better

Lord Toneking":24ygo2v7 said:
Junk Yard Dog":24ygo2v7 said:
Beandust":24ygo2v7 said:

So seriously, is it worth the thousands more than the Splawn?? Ive been using a QR since 06 and I keep selling off every amp I buy to replace it. The Friedman stuff has my my interest but I'm just leary of spending that kind of money. I just paid a crap load for a PT100 and can honestly say that I like my old beat to crap QR better
I tried out a PT100 before as well and didn’t like it very much.

Mine arrived today and I must say it’s my absolute favorite Friedman amp to date. I’ve had the Butterslax and Dirty Shirley 40 in the stable and played a 2016 BE-100 and Smallbox on numerous occasions. The versatility along with the beautiful tonal qualities of this masterpiece across all channels is simply incredible. Well worth the coin if you have it imo. Dave very clearly knocked it out of the park with this one. Lost over an hour in tonal heaven after getting it dialed and already can’t wait to fire it up again.

Congrats! Sounds like a killer machine....

I'll have to try one out at the Roseville Mn GC sometime. That's the one Mn GC that has the Friedman stuff in stock.

Back