Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Fri, Jul 20, 2018 6:58pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 18, 2018 9:03am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 27, 2016 2:38pm
Posts: 1602
Are you human?: 951
MYDEMISE wrote:
I've tried SED and Sino EL34 tubes as well as 6L6 Bstr and a few others in my Ares. I like the stock tubes the best followed by the SED EL34. I had an orthos but prefer the vocal voicing of the Ares. Be sure to buy direct.There are some shady people out there pawning off used ones as new. Shameless.



Good to know :thumbsup: Yeah I've never had any burning desire to swap power tubes as the 6L6 seem to sound great in there. The voicing is what's got me hooked on the Ares. The mids and gain structure are pretty unique IMO. Amazing little box :rock:

_________________
"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry



Good transactions with: krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 18, 2018 10:04am 
Offline
Hack
User avatar

Joined: Fri, May 21, 2010 5:24pm
Posts: 32
Are you human?: 951
I have a Gemini but this amp has certainly got my attention, I have wanted a marshall style amp for a while and thanks to your clips I was interested in the Bottle Rocket, I will be interested in your opinion of the clipped mode on the Juno compared to the high gain sounds the Bottle Rocket. I can't wait for the clips.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 18, 2018 10:45am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Sun, May 03, 2009 7:13pm
Posts: 298
Candiria wrote:
There's definitely a grainy character to the KSR gain. That's where the comparisons to Rectos/Soldanos come from, but I'm not sure about the Juno.


What’s this grainy character you guys mention :dunno: :dunno:
I have a Gemini & yes while it’s agressively voiced, I find the gain smooth.

Too me VHT Ultralead’s have a graininess to them in the upper frequencies.
I love mine to death & think it’s part of the gain character.
Best example being Helmet’s Monochrome album.

However, not hearing it with the KSR line.
Most of the time running the Gemini thru M75 Scumbacks, so there is that variable.
But again same results concerning UL thru both Scums & P50’s.

Oh Jer, pleeeeease do some 80’s riffage thru the Juno in clipping mode.
It’s what I’m most looking forward to hearing in this amp.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 18, 2018 11:38am 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Tue, May 12, 2009 7:05pm
Posts: 2981
Location: Chicago
Are you human?: 951
philnz wrote:
Candiria wrote:
There's definitely a grainy character to the KSR gain. That's where the comparisons to Rectos/Soldanos come from, but I'm not sure about the Juno.


What’s this grainy character you guys mention :dunno: :dunno:
I have a Gemini & yes while it’s agressively voiced, I find the gain smooth.

Too me VHT Ultralead’s have a graininess to them in the upper frequencies.
I love mine to death & think it’s part of the gain character.
Best example being Helmet’s Monochrome album.

However, not hearing it with the KSR line.
Most of the time running the Gemini thru M75 Scumbacks, so there is that variable.
But again same results concerning UL thru both Scums & P50’s.

Oh Jer, pleeeeease do some 80’s riffage thru the Juno in clipping mode.
It’s what I’m most looking forward to hearing in this amp.

I don't get that either. I've got an Ares and I don't hear any "graininess," just smooth, ripping gain. :confused:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 18, 2018 11:49am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Tue, Jul 08, 2014 3:40pm
Posts: 212
Are you human?: 951
philnz wrote:
Candiria wrote:
There's definitely a grainy character to the KSR gain. That's where the comparisons to Rectos/Soldanos come from, but I'm not sure about the Juno.


What’s this grainy character you guys mention :dunno: :dunno:
I have a Gemini & yes while it’s agressively voiced, I find the gain smooth.

Too me VHT Ultralead’s have a graininess to them in the upper frequencies.
I love mine to death & think it’s part of the gain character.
Best example being Helmet’s Monochrome album.

However, not hearing it with the KSR line.
Most of the time running the Gemini thru M75 Scumbacks, so there is that variable.
But again same results concerning UL thru both Scums & P50’s.

Oh Jer, pleeeeease do some 80’s riffage thru the Juno in clipping mode.
It’s what I’m most looking forward to hearing in this amp.


It could be the combo of the voicing and certain speakers like you said, V30s maybe, but to me the graininess is in the midrange not the high end. I agree the top end is smooth. The KSR voicing is pretty unique, to me it sounds like it has pieces for Mark, Recto, Soldano, Pittbull, Uber, and Diezel in it. Like there are certain things you can point to in it's tone and feel that remind you of those amps, certain amps more so than others.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 18, 2018 1:37pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Sun, May 03, 2009 7:13pm
Posts: 298
Candiria wrote:
philnz wrote:
Candiria wrote:
There's definitely a grainy character to the KSR gain. That's where the comparisons to Rectos/Soldanos come from, but I'm not sure about the Juno.


What’s this grainy character you guys mention :dunno: :dunno:
I have a Gemini & yes while it’s agressively voiced, I find the gain smooth.

Too me VHT Ultralead’s have a graininess to them in the upper frequencies.
I love mine to death & think it’s part of the gain character.
Best example being Helmet’s Monochrome album.

However, not hearing it with the KSR line.
Most of the time running the Gemini thru M75 Scumbacks, so there is that variable.
But again same results concerning UL thru both Scums & P50’s.

Oh Jer, pleeeeease do some 80’s riffage thru the Juno in clipping mode.
It’s what I’m most looking forward to hearing in this amp.


It could be the combo of the voicing and certain speakers like you said, V30s maybe, but to me the graininess is in the midrange not the high end. I agree the top end is smooth. The KSR voicing is pretty unique, to me it sounds like it has pieces for Mark, Recto, Soldano, Pittbull, Uber, and Diezel in it. Like there are certain things you can point to in it's tone and feel that remind you of those amps, certain amps more so than others.


Fair call.

I had a friend ask me what the Gemini sounds like.
To me it’s like a Mark/Soldano mix.
Aggressively voiced without being harsh.

Being predominantly a Marshall guy, the Juno really has me interested in Kyle’s take in this direction.
Different transformers, circuit tweaks geared toward an EL34 based amp will add up.
Can only go from the clips available from NAMM etc.
To me it’s a little sonically austere, but not in a bad way.
Seems to have the KSR punch & aggression but with a more raw upper mid thing present.
Quite different to a thicker/chewier Cameron or Bogner.

I’m just spitballing, so take it all with a grain of salt.
Either way I’ve started saving for one (Juno) :yes:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 18, 2018 2:25pm 
Offline
Rock God Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, May 16, 2007 4:39pm
Posts: 4799
Location: Las Vegas
chris lykins wrote:
Do you have a gemini coming as well?

Yeah I have a Gemini coming soon’ish. Being built now. This amp is just for demos... for now!

orion848 wrote:
I have a Gemini but this amp has certainly got my attention, I have wanted a marshall style amp for a while and thanks to your clips I was interested in the Bottle Rocket, I will be interested in your opinion of the clipped mode on the Juno compared to the high gain sounds the Bottle Rocket. I can't wait for the clips.

Yeah I can maybe do some comparison clips dialing in the amps similarly.

_________________
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have some stuff and junk...

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 18, 2018 10:03pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Tue, Jul 08, 2014 3:40pm
Posts: 212
Are you human?: 951
Just placed my deposit for one. Kyle added a few more amps to the first run, and there a should be one spot left now.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 4:07am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Feb 04, 2010 4:51am
Posts: 1390
Location: Denmark
Are you human?: 951
Candiria wrote:
Just placed my deposit for one. Kyle added a few more amps to the first run, and there a should be one spot left now.


Hos long wait were you told?

_________________
Nik Huber Krautster II Goldtop
Nik Huber Krautster II Vintage White
Gibson Les Paul R9 2002
Gibson Les Paul R8 2016
Fender Stratocaster CS Heavy Relic


Waiting for both a KSR Juno and a Axe-FX III

Orange 2x12 CB-75


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 9:03am 
Offline
Rock God Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, May 16, 2007 4:39pm
Posts: 4799
Location: Las Vegas
It was 12-16 weeks for my Gemini.

_________________
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have some stuff and junk...

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 10:12am 
Offline
Rock God Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, May 16, 2007 4:39pm
Posts: 4799
Location: Las Vegas
So I just shot some vid with my Q8 of the Juno and BE100. Just camera audio. I’m checking it now... if the audio isn’t blown out I’ll load it up.

_________________
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have some stuff and junk...

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 10:48am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Feb 04, 2010 4:51am
Posts: 1390
Location: Denmark
Are you human?: 951
JerEvil wrote:
So I just shot some vid with my Q8 of the Juno and BE100. Just camera audio. I’m checking it now... if the audio isn’t blown out I’ll load it up.



Do itttttt

_________________
Nik Huber Krautster II Goldtop
Nik Huber Krautster II Vintage White
Gibson Les Paul R9 2002
Gibson Les Paul R8 2016
Fender Stratocaster CS Heavy Relic


Waiting for both a KSR Juno and a Axe-FX III

Orange 2x12 CB-75


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 11:45am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Jan 21, 2009 4:43pm
Posts: 1982
Location: In a room surrounded by Wizards & Mesas
Are you human?: 951
philnz wrote:
What’s this grainy character you guys mention :dunno: :dunno:
I have a Gemini & yes while it’s agressively voiced, I find the gain smooth.



+1 I agree.

_________________
Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), and many more.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 11:52am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Jan 21, 2009 4:43pm
Posts: 1982
Location: In a room surrounded by Wizards & Mesas
Are you human?: 951
Candiria wrote:
It could be the combo of the voicing and certain speakers like you said, V30s maybe, but to me the graininess is in the midrange not the high end. I agree the top end is smooth. The KSR voicing is pretty unique, to me it sounds like it has pieces for Mark, Recto, Soldano, Pittbull, Uber, and Diezel in it. Like there are certain things you can point to in it's tone and feel that remind you of those amps, certain amps more so than others.



I have several examples of all these amps side by side in front of me... and the KSR Gemini sounds nothing like a Diezel (Herbert/VH4) nor a Bogner Uberschall (Blue/TJ)... nor Fryette UL. It's definitely in the Mesa Recto/Soldano SLO camp. The Mesa Mark series amps (MKIII, MKIV, MKV, JP2C) all have more upper mids, smaller tighter sounding, and highend bite to the tone... the old MKIIB, MKIIC... maybe... but not exactly (the old Marks have way less gain and are muddier). The KSRs have the big-wall of Recto like surrounding tone.

The KSR voicing is a very smooth, low-mid, focused gain sound. You can tweak it with all the switches, and help brighten it a bit by chucking the worthless JJ preamp tubes... but that's the main core tone. Like a super-modified, tricked out Super-SLO with 5 gain stages... and heavy-duty ultra-modern depth mod added.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

_________________
Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), and many more.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 12:53pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Tue, Jul 08, 2014 3:40pm
Posts: 212
Are you human?: 951
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Candiria wrote:
It could be the combo of the voicing and certain speakers like you said, V30s maybe, but to me the graininess is in the midrange not the high end. I agree the top end is smooth. The KSR voicing is pretty unique, to me it sounds like it has pieces for Mark, Recto, Soldano, Pittbull, Uber, and Diezel in it. Like there are certain things you can point to in it's tone and feel that remind you of those amps, certain amps more so than others.



I have several examples of all these amps side by side in front of me... and the KSR Gemini sounds nothing like a Diezel (Herbert/VH4) nor a Bogner Uberschall (Blue/TJ)... nor Fryette UL. It's definitely in the Mesa Recto/Soldano SLO camp. The Mesa Mark series amps (MKIII, MKIV, MKV, JP2C) all have more upper mids, smaller tighter sounding, and highend bite to the tone... the old MKIIB, MKIIC... maybe... but not exactly (the old Marks have way less gain and are muddier). The KSRs have the big-wall of Recto like surrounding tone.

The KSR voicing is a very smooth, low-mid, focused gain sound. You can tweak it with all the switches, and help brighten it a bit by chucking the worthless JJ preamp tubes... but that's the main core tone. Like a super-modified, tricked out Super-SLO with 5 gain stages... and heavy-duty ultra-modern depth mod added.

:yes: :yes: :yes:


I'm almost 100% sure I've seen you specifically say it reminds you a little of both a UL and Uber :lol: :LOL:

Also, saying it falls into the Recto camp and calling it smooth doesn't make much sense to me, as I'm not sure anyone really thinks of Recto's being smooth. Mark's, yes, Recto's not so much. Rectos to me are grainy and I hear that in the Colossus. I've owned my Colossus for over 4 years now and have owned multiple Rectos, Pittbulls, Marks, a Herbert, Sig X, Avenger etc during that span. I listed like 5 separate amp makers that all have amps that sound different. Obviously it is not going to sound exactly like any one of them, and that's what I was getting at. Saying that it's like a Recto/SLO doesn't really describe it properly. Yea I can see where you're coming from because I agree there's some Recto in there (hence me saying grainy), but I've A/B'd the Colossus with a Recto and Avenger plenty of times and it is very easy to pick out the Rhodes in the back and forth, and that's before getting into the feel.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 1:59pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Jun 23, 2006 11:45pm
Posts: 3776
Location: San Antonio, TX
Candiria wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Candiria wrote:
It could be the combo of the voicing and certain speakers like you said, V30s maybe, but to me the graininess is in the midrange not the high end. I agree the top end is smooth. The KSR voicing is pretty unique, to me it sounds like it has pieces for Mark, Recto, Soldano, Pittbull, Uber, and Diezel in it. Like there are certain things you can point to in it's tone and feel that remind you of those amps, certain amps more so than others.



I have several examples of all these amps side by side in front of me... and the KSR Gemini sounds nothing like a Diezel (Herbert/VH4) nor a Bogner Uberschall (Blue/TJ)... nor Fryette UL. It's definitely in the Mesa Recto/Soldano SLO camp. The Mesa Mark series amps (MKIII, MKIV, MKV, JP2C) all have more upper mids, smaller tighter sounding, and highend bite to the tone... the old MKIIB, MKIIC... maybe... but not exactly (the old Marks have way less gain and are muddier). The KSRs have the big-wall of Recto like surrounding tone.

The KSR voicing is a very smooth, low-mid, focused gain sound. You can tweak it with all the switches, and help brighten it a bit by chucking the worthless JJ preamp tubes... but that's the main core tone. Like a super-modified, tricked out Super-SLO with 5 gain stages... and heavy-duty ultra-modern depth mod added.

:yes: :yes: :yes:


I'm almost 100% sure I've seen you specifically say it reminds you a little of both a UL and Uber :lol: :LOL:



I know I've said it. On the lead channel in the blue mode with the bright on and fat/mid off, to me, it leans toward the UL, move it to the red channel and the fat switch engaged, it leans toward the Uberschall. They aren't exactly the same, but similar and feel "graininess" of the gain - enough so that I feel its an apt description. The KSR certainly isn't as dark as the Uber.

_________________
My Gear:
Guitars: LP Custom, LP R8, Duvell Elite, Duvell MBC
Amps: MTL - Modern Classic II - Ultra-Lead - Herbert
Cabs: Wizard - Wizard - Fryette - Diezel


Great Transactions - Click Here:
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=64423

Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 2:03pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 24, 2006 1:01am
Posts: 773
Watching Jer's video now. Sounding really good with "in-room" audio. Really looking forward to it with a mic. Jer, can you do some stuff with the Feel on 1 and Bright on in the modes please?

And Jer's shirt nearly steals the show. :D :thumbsup:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 2:11pm 
Offline
Rock God Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, May 16, 2007 4:39pm
Posts: 4799
Location: Las Vegas
EvilBatman wrote:
Watching Jer's video now. Sounding really good with "in-room" audio. Really looking forward to it with a mic. Jer, can you do some stuff with the Feel on 1 and Bright on in the modes please?

And Jer's shirt nearly steals the show. :D :thumbsup:

LOL! I was supposed to be on my way to work and was like, "Damn it! I NEED to get this thing loud!"

Yeah I am working that out now. Good news is I am off all next week from work so doing a lot of prep now and then recording soon. It will be WELL covered. The Juno is sick man. Really great sounding amp. This is the prototype so some things may get adjusted but I will go over it soup-to-nuts. Maybe one vid for each mode (Crunch/Clip/Lead) so it's not too long.

_________________
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
I have some stuff and junk...

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://www.facebook.com/dunkysndemos
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 2:40pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Tue, Jul 08, 2014 3:40pm
Posts: 212
Are you human?: 951
mhenson42 wrote:
Candiria wrote:
Wizard of Ozz wrote:
Candiria wrote:
It could be the combo of the voicing and certain speakers like you said, V30s maybe, but to me the graininess is in the midrange not the high end. I agree the top end is smooth. The KSR voicing is pretty unique, to me it sounds like it has pieces for Mark, Recto, Soldano, Pittbull, Uber, and Diezel in it. Like there are certain things you can point to in it's tone and feel that remind you of those amps, certain amps more so than others.



I have several examples of all these amps side by side in front of me... and the KSR Gemini sounds nothing like a Diezel (Herbert/VH4) nor a Bogner Uberschall (Blue/TJ)... nor Fryette UL. It's definitely in the Mesa Recto/Soldano SLO camp. The Mesa Mark series amps (MKIII, MKIV, MKV, JP2C) all have more upper mids, smaller tighter sounding, and highend bite to the tone... the old MKIIB, MKIIC... maybe... but not exactly (the old Marks have way less gain and are muddier). The KSRs have the big-wall of Recto like surrounding tone.

The KSR voicing is a very smooth, low-mid, focused gain sound. You can tweak it with all the switches, and help brighten it a bit by chucking the worthless JJ preamp tubes... but that's the main core tone. Like a super-modified, tricked out Super-SLO with 5 gain stages... and heavy-duty ultra-modern depth mod added.

:yes: :yes: :yes:


I'm almost 100% sure I've seen you specifically say it reminds you a little of both a UL and Uber :lol: :LOL:



I know I've said it. On the lead channel in the blue mode with the bright on and fat/mid off, to me, it leans toward the UL, move it to the red channel and the fat switch engaged, it leans toward the Uberschall. They aren't exactly the same, but similar and feel "graininess" of the gain - enough so that I feel its an apt description. The KSR certainly isn't as dark as the Uber.


Yea, it's hard to describe because to me it doesn't really sound like any one amp. It has little things that you hear and feel in a variety of other high gain amps. I get the Recto comparison, specifically Vintage because it doesn't sound like Modern mode at all to me, but when I flip to the neck pickup and play higher up on the board there's 0 Recto in that sound.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KSR Juno
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 2:53pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Tue, Jul 08, 2014 3:40pm
Posts: 212
Are you human?: 951
JerEvil wrote:
EvilBatman wrote:
Maybe one vid for each mode (Crunch/Clip/Lead) so it's not too long.


Yea that's a good idea. Maybe another short video of a riff on a loop going through all the modes of the 2 channels 10-15 seconds per mode, so you can hear the gain level and character changes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Devilinside and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use