Went to SchenkerFest last night in Chicago! Great Show!

harddriver":38yhy8d9 said:
I never knew there was video from one of the Chicago shows in 1978 but here it is... Michael as his best with UFO before he walked away. Note he only steps on a Wah pedal. White Gibson V.

Damn, on fire in this one! Tone was dfinitely more cutting before he went to the 2205's. I always find it hard to believe he wasn't boosting those JMP's but I guess opened up and with a hot pup, you can get there.

Not that these guys are bad but I laughed my ass off, I am glad I wasn't drinking anything.... The intro is kinda funny.... I was expecting a hot Japanese girls tribute band, not soooo. I watched quite a few songs and these guys are actually really good.

harddriver":2mpvwhgi said:
I never knew there was video from one of the Chicago shows in 1978 but here it is... Michael as his best with UFO before he walked away. Note he only steps on a Wah pedal. White Gibson V.

That’s ‘95 not ‘78 . Simon Wright on drums

hammered":1y15cazz said:
That’s ‘95 not ‘78 . Simon Wright on drums

You might be right, the person who posted the vid claims it was 1978 if you go to YT . Michael is wearing a ballcap backwards here and I don't recall him doing that in the 70's or 80's but I could be wrong. But he also is not playing his 2205's here you can see they are 2204 JMP's. Also I was just going off the fact he appears that he is playing a white Gibson V and not his trademark Aria V here plus how it was posted.

Just did some research you are right, it is 1995. and the amps on the right side appear to be 2205's on a clearer vid. Not sure why someone would try to pass this off as 1978, oh well...

harddriver":2wrdcc35 said:
Here's a cool vid Schenker with Ratt in 1991. I had no idea this occurred...

Yep , Michael filled in for Robbin Crosby who was all strung out unfortunatley

The backwards hat in the late 70's did stand out to me as a bit weird as did the clothing.. either way though, wicked performance.

hammered":2k9wzb0q said:
El Mariachi":2k9wzb0q said:
Excellent! Thanks for the review! I'm going this weekend and looking forward to it!

In San Jose I’ll see you there
hqdefault.jpg

Finally... some video from the Chicago show... Hey Kapo the tubescreamer is on his board. Yes the bass drum pounded this hard in the hall like you hear in the vid. I can't believe the guitars don't come through better but here you go, the UFO tunes. This show was sold out.

A little better audio of the guitar

What a blast it must have been to see Michael Schenker still going strong..I saw him in Dallas Texas in the late 70's,I kinda remember when the show was just about to start and an announcer said "Give a round of applause to Pete Way,then Michael came out and was ripping,unfortunately I don't remember anything else..Glad he's still around and playing shows.His live performances of Rock bottom are timeless.

Killer show in San Jose last night . Michael went on at 8:10 and it went till 10:50 and he was ripping it up all night . He had three JCM 800s onstage but they were the two channel version. The four singer thing worked out really good and kept things from getting stale . Highlights for me were Rock Bottom and Shoot Shoot

Kapo_Polenton":r6cnyeft said:
From the clips I have seen everyone sounds pretty good except barden.. was he struggling in the shows you guys saw?

Barden sounded good for the most part , there were some notes that he didn't go for just because it probably woudn`t have worked but even in the early days of MSG I thought he was a bit limited live

hammered":3lkr6ac0 said:
Killer show in San Jose last night . Michael went on at 8:10 and it went till 10:50 and he was ripping it up all night . He had three JCM 800s onstage but they were the two channel version. The four singer thing worked out really good and kept things from getting stale . Highlights for me were Rock Bottom and Shoot Shoot

Agreed! Great show!
Ran into lots of old friends.
Good times!

El Mariachi":11n7b4r2 said:
hammered":11n7b4r2 said:

Agreed! Great show!
Ran into lots of old friends.
Good times!

Lots of memories of all the shows I went to at the San Jose Civic . How about Chris Glenn calling us San Antonio a few times LOL . To his credit he apologized , that can’t be very fun riding on the bus like he was talking about from city to city state to state

Back