KSR Juno and Friedman BE-100 "In Room" vids

Not feeling the Juno as much, lacking something...I don't like that hollowed out low mid thing...BE100 all the way here, by a lot.

Great vids - thanks for posting. Love the no nonsense format. Both sound good. Hard decision. Probably leaning towards the Juno. Kyle's builds are really good. -Jim

The Red channel of the Juno will be more aggressive in voicing. The blue channel slightly leans vintage.

Dig the KSR Juno, your vid makes me want to buy one.

My favorite Friedman is the Butterslax and would like to hear an "in room" of that beast.

:thumbsup:

I can see how people would favor the KSR because it did sound more present in the video.

But I can tell you a Friedman amp sounds friggin huge. It’s really an awesome experience. I was a skeptic about Friedman’s but his amps are awesome and if you like using effects, the amp becomes even more awesome. I have the butterslax.

Deanmachine":2ml1tz6b said:
Killer demo !
Thanks! Spent some good time today programming drums and messing with sounds for the full demo/playthrough on the Juno.

Tronald Dump":2ml1tz6b said:

My favorite Friedman is the Butterslax and would like to hear an "in room" of that beast.

Nice! LOL! I'll let Kyle know to be expecting your call... :) Seriously though, it's a killer amp. Late to work because I couldn't;t stop messing with it this morning! LOL! The Butterslax is sick. I will see if I still have the in-room audio of my playthrough demos I did.

Whowantsamustache":2ml1tz6b said:
I can see how people would favor the KSR because it did sound more present in the video.

But I can tell you a Friedman amp sounds friggin huge. It’s really an awesome experience. I was a skeptic about Friedman’s but his amps are awesome and if you like using effects, the amp becomes even more awesome. I have the butterslax.
Yeah mna I have yet to play a Friedman that didn't fill a room.

JerEvil":3h0whi72 said:
Tronald Dump":3h0whi72 said:

Nice! LOL! I'll let Kyle know to be expecting your call... :) Seriously though, it's a killer amp. Late to work because I couldn't;t stop messing with it this morning! LOL! The Butterslax is sick. I will see if I still have the in-room audio of my playthrough demos I did.

Just tell him to send me one. I'll demo the fucker.

:LOL: :LOL:

It's truly a testament to JerEvil's recording skills that he can make a toneless turd of an amp like the BE100 shine. The KSR dominates, as usual.

Whowantsamustache":2kbm7pdj said:

Huge to me is a Wizard, SLO, Superlead...I've had a few Friedmans and they aren't in the same league when it comes to huge sounding.
Cool amps though.

Racerxrated":3c7sdx0k said:
Whowantsamustache":3c7sdx0k said:

Huge to me is a Wizard, SLO, Superlead...I've had a few Friedmans and they aren't in the same league when it comes to huge sounding.
Cool amps though.

I won't disagree, but I will add that I've only played an SLO out of those three and yes, it's huge and is the pantheon of huge sounding amps, IMO. I can imagine based on reviews that the Wizard is likely the hugest sounding amp, give or take.

I've played a few Friedman's and I've only opened up a BE50 and it sounds huge for what it is and does and at it's price point to my ears. But it's also less money than those other amps.

My Splawn sounded huge as well. What I've noticed is that, relatively speaking, all good amps can sound huge, especially hundred watts, but as you go to the $2K, $3K, $4k range of heads, the "HUGE" factor goes up noticeably-to-exponentially, as well the overall tone and clarity as those huge volumes.

...So, you get what you pay for....relatively speaking!

psychodave":wpi9aefu said:
I liked the KSR more since it seemed to cut better, but it sounded a bit muffled. The BE sounded bloated and tubby in the bottom end.

Yeah, a simple fix to that tubby low end is to add the .0022uf cap to the resonance circuit, like the JJ, and Slax has. I have it on a switch so I can go back to stock if I
desire. It tightens up the low end nicely.

Racerxrated":3ouyk1ek said:
Whowantsamustache":3ouyk1ek said:

Cool amps though.
To me, an amp sounding huge comes from it being open/uncompressed and having lots of of bottom end. The biggest sounding amps I've played are my Atomica modded SLP 100, 2016 Wizard MTL 100, Jose channel on my 3 channel Cameron Jose/Aldrich/plexi 78 SLP 100, and the Mezzabarba Mzero OD and DAR FBM I had were also huge sounding. All these amps filled and the shook the room more than anything else I've tried. That Jose channel can actually sound even bigger than all those other amps I mentioned, but it's too much and becomes too loose and uncontrolled if set that way

I used to own a butterslax and it's bigger imo than some of the other Friedmans because it has more bottom end and a depth knob even though it's more compressed than the other models. I actually don't consider the SLO to be particularly huge sounding. It has moderate amounts of bottom end and is more on the compressed side. It sounded very small next to the 96 Wizard MC 100 I used to own and my MTL sounds bigger than that MC

I've not tried a Juno, but the Gemini I used to have was possibly the next biggest sounding amp I've tried after those ones I mentioned before. Not as organic sounding as I liked though. The Massotti X100M I had was also massive sounding and made my SLO sound comparatively small, but the Mezzabarba I think was in many ways a better version of that amp minus it's awesome clean channel and extra features and flexibility

Very nice, that Juno sounds killer. I especially love the way it sounds with the thrashy triplets. Bet it cuts very well.

Where did you have the gain at? Sorry if I missed that in the vid. I guess the only thing I am curious about now is what the gain dial does from 0 to 10 and having a boost in front.

Either way I would not hesitate to buy one if I was able and in need of an amp.

maddnotez":ylo1it68 said:
Very nice, that Juno sounds killer. I especially love the way it sounds with the thrashy triplets. Bet it cuts very well.

Where did you have the gain at? Sorry if I missed that in the vid. I guess the only thing I am curious about now is what the gain dial does from 0 to 10 and having a boost in front.

Either way I would not hesitate to buy one if I was able and in need of an amp.
The Gain for most of the Juno vid was just past Noon so plenty more to go on the dial. At one point at the end I switch back to the Crunch channel and hit the gain up to 2:00. Plenty for my needs.

Racerxrated":26yo936l said:
Whowantsamustache":26yo936l said:

Cool amps though.

I am more of a home player and the Friedman amp just sounds perfect for my needs in terms of volume.

I have had the SLO and Wizard MTL before but they didn’t work for me at home. They had to be cranked to get the goods and was fatiguing to the ears.

Damn I didn’t need to listen to these. I’ve never really thought about KSR before, but damn that sounded great.

Junk Yard Dog":2902d9on said:
Racerxrated":2902d9on said:
Whowantsamustache":2902d9on said:

Cool amps though.

I won't disagree, but I will add that I've only played an SLO out of those three and yes, it's huge and is the pantheon of huge sounding amps, IMO. I can imagine based on reviews that the Wizard is likely the hugest sounding amp, give or take.

I've played a few Friedman's and I've only opened up a BE50 and it sounds huge for what it is and does and at it's price point to my ears. But it's also less money than those other amps.

My Splawn sounded huge as well. What I've noticed is that, relatively speaking, all good amps can sound huge, especially hundred watts, but as you go to the $2K, $3K, $4k range of heads, the "HUGE" factor goes up noticeably-to-exponentially, as well the overall tone and clarity as those huge volumes.

...So, you get what you pay for....relatively speaking!
I also should have mentioned the VHT D60/120 in the huge factor...and when you see what they go for used they are definitely the hugest bang for your buck.

But, it's all splitting hairs a bit..these amps are all great in their own way.
:rock:

mnemonic":33cg4qk3 said:
Damn I didn’t need to listen to these. I’ve never really thought about KSR before, but damn that sounded great.

If your into metal, KSR should definitely be on your radar. I can only speak to the Ares, but if the rest of Kyle's amps are anything like it, they're right up there with all the greats.

[/quote]
I also should have mentioned the VHT D60/120 in the huge factor...and when you see what they go for used they are definitely the hugest bang for your buck.

But, it's all splitting hairs a bit..these amps are all great in their own way.
:rock:[/quote]

:thumbsup: My god the D60 sounds HUGE fucking HUGE! So does this Splawn QR I recently acquired; utterly massive and 3D sounding with tremendous punch.

Back