KSR Juno and Friedman BE-100 "In Room" vids

Ok, now i am debating of maybe selling my BE for a Juno!!!!!

I am a metal player at heart, if i play blues, i use a low gain metal tone, if i play rock, i use my metal tone but adjust my playing to sound rock. I always use a metal tone but adjust it accordingly. The BE is awesome, but i always want more tightness from it. I also find it very bassy, my bass knob is off!!!!

The chugging and triplet riffing on the Juno sounded awesome, i like the tightness and aggressiveness it has, this is what i like in a tone.

I think the Juno might fit my playing more.

7 Stringer":6z1yx0it said:

I am a metal player at heart, if i play blues, i use a low gain metal tone, if i play rock, i use my metal tone but adjust my playing to sound rock. I always use a metal tone but adjust it accordingly. The BE is awesome, but i always want more tightness from it. I also find it very bassy, my bass knob is off!!!!

The chugging and triplet riffing on the Juno sounded awesome, i like the tightness and aggressiveness it has, this is what i like in a tone.

Yikes!! ...bass on zero ??
I agree that the BE100 is awesome, but me thinks you may have the wrong amp for task at hand.
I'm thinking the Juno would be a far better choice for what you're after.

And thanks for the vids Jer :thumbsup:
Very informative, and well done as always sir!!

I prefer the KSR in this vids, but i wonder if the Juno can do some classic rock like AC/DC, Hendrix, Zeppelin

fusedbrain":2858xqkt said:
7 Stringer":2858xqkt said:

I agree that the BE100 is awesome, but me thinks you may have the wrong amp for task at hand.

Man I thought Bass at 4 on the BE (where I run it) was low! Lol! The KSR is stupid tight. Full vids are underway.

Luca79":2858xqkt said:
I prefer the KSR in this vids, but i wonder if the Juno can do some classic rock like AC/DC, Hendrix, Zeppelin
I’ll be using a Tele (single coils), my Balaguer (super hot PAF’s) and a BC Rich Custom Shop BC Rich Bich with RMG’s. All bases should be covered.

The amp is versatile as all get out. Might be the perfect Swiss Army Knife.

JerEvil":2smnqq6j said:
fusedbrain":2smnqq6j said:
7 Stringer":2smnqq6j said:

Man I thought Bass at 4 on the BE (where I run it) was low! Lol! The KSR is stupid tight. Full vids are underway.

A lot of the pros have their bass on 10 on their Friedman's. Jerry and Bill do at least. Akira cranks his mids and treble to 10. You can't get a bad sound of those EQ's.

That said, I run my bass at 5 usually with the stock power tubes (TAD) and Mullards in v1 and v2. The Mullards work better with low tunings i have found. I was using Tung-Sol with straight E tuning and that ruled, but sucked when using lower tunings (too much low end and the high end was wierd).

My whole point is, tubes, string gauges, tuning, pickups and speakers do make a difference in how the low and high end reacts on most Friedman's. It's a very sensitive amp, so one personas go to EQ is definitely not perfect for everyone.

atrox":20th1y8r said:
JerEvil":20th1y8r said:
fusedbrain":20th1y8r said:
7 Stringer":20th1y8r said:

A lot of the pros have their bass on 10 on their Friedman's. Jerry and Bill do at least. Akira cranks his mids and treble to 10. You can't get a bad sound of those EQ's.

That said, I run my bass at 5 usually with the stock power tubes (TAD) and Mullards in v1 and v2. The Mullards work better with low tunings i have found. I was using Tung-Sol with straight E tuning and that ruled, but sucked when using lower tunings (too much low end and the high end was wierd).

My whole point is, tubes, string gauges, tuning, pickups and speakers do make a difference in how the low and high end reacts on most Friedman's. It's a very sensitive amp, so one personas go to EQ is definitely not perfect for everyone.

Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing when he said it is too bassy. Everything plays a factor, the right cab could easily solve the bass issue.

mnemonic":3p699y2t said:
Damn I didn’t need to listen to these. I’ve never really thought about KSR before, but damn that sounded great.

I agree , I thought KSR amps were more for drop tune modern metal , but the Juno sounds like it would be great for 80,s hair metal and hard rock . Right up my alley .

That's what weird here....I run my bass MAX(like a lot of pros seem to) on my 2014 BE100 with C45 ON with the orange board and it sounds nowhere near that bassy at 4. Mine doesn't sound like that clip. I'm thinking of keeping mine as is and pairing it with a JC120.

Purpleibby":1heqpdi9 said:
That's what weird here....I run my bass MAX(like a lot of pros seem to) on my 2014 BE100 with C45 ON with the orange board and it sounds nowhere near that bassy at 4. Mine doesn't sound like that clip. I'm thinking of keeping mine as is and pairing it with a JC120.

What cab?

For reference, i'm using a Friedman 412 with Creamback H75's

atrox":31gle9eh said:
Purpleibby":31gle9eh said:

What cab?

For reference, i'm using a Friedman 412 with Creamback H75's

Suhr 4x12(when he was doing 60's marshall accurate design with dovetails) with 25 watt blue frame M75 scumbacks.

39161834850_4616393678_h.jpg

Can the Juno get a sort of brown sound like the BE can? With the feel knob towards the squishy side i guess it can get there?

Witch of the two can get closer to the other? In other words, the most versatile.

Thanks,

Chris

7 Stringer":262d7vmv said:
Can the Juno get a sort of brown sound like the BE can? With the feel knob towards the squishy side i guess it can get there?

Witch of the two can get closer to the other? In other words, the most versatile.

Thanks,

Chris
Man that’s a tough one. I’ll have to plug both amps into my asplawn cabs. Both are 2x12’s loaded with the same speaker. I’ll see how close in tone I can get them.

JerEvil":fkcwh0mu said:
7 Stringer":fkcwh0mu said:

Thanks,

Chris
Man that’s a tough one. I’ll have to plug both amps into my asplawn cabs. Both are 2x12’s loaded with the same speaker. I’ll see how close in tone I can get them.

Cool, thanks man.

I really liked the tightness of the Juno, got me thinking again...... : :LOL: :LOL:

We are indeed. About finished and going to editing but watching back through to see if there is anything that needs to be redone.

Soooo, where is that demo Jer!!!!!!!?????

Lol, kidding but i am anxious to hear this.

Still debating a Juno or a 100P........

Need some professional advice.

:rock:

Cbris

7 Stringer":nujzxfhc said:

Cbris

Don't have any experience with the Juno but I have spent quite a bit of time with my buddies Revv Gen 120, I feel it would be like deciding on apples vs oranges. I find the Revv a little stiff, tight, aggressive and very clear. More of a modern sound (I find it like a more clear take on the 5150 type sound, but thats probably debatable) and not Marshally like the Juno is supposed to be. Probably couldn't get much tighter than either of them though

DeathbyButterslax":1z18r2r5 said:
7 Stringer":1z18r2r5 said:

Cbris

Don't have any experience with the Juno but I have spent quite a bit of time with my buddies Revv Gen 120, I feel it would be like deciding on apples vs oranges. I find the Revv a little stiff, tight, aggressive and very clear. More of a modern sound (I find it like a more clear take on the 5150 type sound, but thats probably debatable) and not Marshally like the Juno is supposed to be. Probably couldn't get much tighter than either of them though
Yeah the Revv 100P has a very pronounced high end. Not at all unpleasant but a lot of kerrang for an amp with that much gain.

Back