Gibson is just killing me...

I have been playing guitar since 85'. WTF is baked granadillo? When I first saw your post I thought Taco Bell sent you a new item on their menu.

I can't believe I've been playing this long and don't know what that wood is. Is it taken from old wagons? Petrified mule leg?

romanianreaper":3legsiq2 said:
I have been playing guitar since 85'. WTF is baked granadillo? When I first saw your post I thought Taco Bell sent you a new item on their menu.

I can't believe I've been playing this long and don't know what that wood is. Is it taken from old wagons? Petrified mule leg?

Granadillo is known as "the wood that sings". As well as having a history of use in the making of guitars, it is also the wood of choice for use in marimba bones.

Bones, wood that sings... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Moshaholic":p1oex92i said:
romanianreaper":p1oex92i said:

Granadillo is known as "the wood that sings". As well as having a history of use in the making of guitars, it is also the wood of choice for use in marimba bones.

Bones, wood that sings... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks! :) I needed guidance. I thought I was losing it. :LOL: :LOL:

When I received my 2016 "Limited Edition" Explorers, I was pretty upset about what I saw too. The fretboards were so light, I figured it was either baked maple or grenadillo, and I was ready to send them back. The fretboards almost looked like they were covered in a type of wax.

I cleaned them up and hit them with 2-3 coats of lemon oil, and they finally started to look like Rosewood again. Now that it's been a year since I received them, they are still dark, and they still look like rosewood, and more importantly, they feel like rosewood.

I think Gibson has two major problems. One, they have been using what ever wood is close by and slaps it on any model Lower than an R9. As for the rosewood Gibson actually builds the guitars out of, I think most of the newer stuff they have been using has been from a different supplier and isn't the same quality as we're used to seeing...

"We no longer carry this item" :confused: (according to G.C. link)

i see that Zzounds has it listed as "Coming soon" .

...by the way,hows it sound with high and low gain.

John4021":33j6cvaa said:
"We no longer carry this item" :confused: (according to G.C. link)

i see that Zzounds has it listed as "Coming soon" .

...by the way,hows it sound with high and low gain.

It sounded decent, a bit brighter than my other P90 special single cut.

It is now in full on "Boomerang Mode" and heading back to point of origin...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back