this parallel effects thing really works

hirah5150

so i decided to redo my mark 4. already have a w/d/w system and a some simple half stacks.
so i thought I would do a stereo setup with 4 effects running into a mixer.
have to say it sounds pretty clean so far. was a bit surprised to find a smaller difference between some of the effects than I would have thought.
it's actually a really simple setup. might add a gcx and some pedals, but not yet.

guitar > mark 4 > loop out to 4 way splitter
2 outs to l /r input of flash 4x4
2 outs to a mixer dry channel
outputs of the flash 4x4 to quadraverb, g-major, intellifex and mpx-1, all set to 100% wet
stereo returns to mark 4 and simul sat return
out to 2 4x12s with v30s and wgs veteran 30s
The flash 4x4 will let me turn off the effects I'm not using to help keep the noise down.
Need a little planning to deal with the program change lag of the mpx-1. but it's not as bad in parallel.
waiting on midi cables to start really programming. biggest limitation I see is I can't run a total wet side, there is always dry in both sides.

enjoy.

\[url=https://flic.kr/p/23Wg7rP][im...r.com/4782/39995445225_24659c2487_c.jpg[/img]mark 4 by Ron Cournoyer, on Flickr[/url]

Know what you mean about the dry always being in the mix. I ended up running the dry out through one of the loops in my switcher so I could turn it off like I could each of the sends to my effects. My "small" rig is setup a lot like yours... guitar >> amp >> switcher >> 4 parallel processors >> mixer >> power amp. In my case, I have a couple of power amps I can use (in separate racks) if I want to run W/D/W.

Nice rack, BTW! Mark IVs sound great like that. Really cool to see the Satellite, too. I haven't run across many of those. Bet that sounds amazing!!

:rock:

phil b":7sau3zv7 said:
Nice rack, BTW! Mark IVs sound great like that. Really cool to see the Satellite, too. I haven't run across many of those. Bet that sounds amazing!!

Yeah, you don't see many of the simul sats.
And even less of the Flash 4x4s.
I wish they would have the pentode/triode switching though.
But you can almost get the same result with the eq.

Thats a cool setup, the sats never really got the due they should have, but I think this type of setup is what they had in mind when they built them. I bet it sounds great!

Back