I broke down and bought Bias Desktop for PC

Dingleberries":s0577t56 said:
errrrrl":s0577t56 said:
Dingleberries":s0577t56 said:
I gotta be doing something wrong, because Bias sounds very weak and anemic. It sounds far better on my iPad, and considering the hardware I'm working with, that should not be the case. Here's my signal chain;
Guitar-overdrive-H9-Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre-USB type C out-USB type C into computer-Bias/Focusrite control-Headphone out
I would go Guitar>Focusrite>pc/Bias and try to dial in good tones first before adding pedals/H9. Also what headphones are you using? When you say anemic it makes me think that you could be running a headset that requires more Ohms/power to push them... that scenario would make everything sound a bit tinny. When you listen to music on your headphones do they sound nice and full sounding?

Thank you for the reply, I'm using Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's for headphones. I'm doing something wrong, or have neglected to do something like properly register or activate my account.

Make sure that Bias is recogizing the focusrite as the correct input/output device. Have you tried youtube to problem solve?

PRS":2nljx6bs said:
Dingleberries":2nljx6bs said:
errrrrl":2nljx6bs said:
Dingleberries":2nljx6bs said:
I gotta be doing something wrong, because Bias sounds very weak and anemic. It sounds far better on my iPad, and considering the hardware I'm working with, that should not be the case. Here's my signal chain;
Guitar-overdrive-H9-Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre-USB type C out-USB type C into computer-Bias/Focusrite control-Headphone out
I would go Guitar>Focusrite>pc/Bias and try to dial in good tones first before adding pedals/H9. Also what headphones are you using? When you say anemic it makes me think that you could be running a headset that requires more Ohms/power to push them... that scenario would make everything sound a bit tinny. When you listen to music on your headphones do they sound nice and full sounding?

Thank you for the reply, I'm using Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's for headphones. I'm doing something wrong, or have neglected to do something like properly register or activate my account.

Make sure that Bias is recogizing the focusrite as the correct input/output device. Have you tried youtube to problem solve?

Thank you for the youtube idea, ya my 2 pre is recognised, and I've got Bias running about as well as I think It's going to. I'm just surprised that Bias for iPad sounds better than the desktop version. The main problem I'm having with things is that I just built a new desktop, and I've never owned a computer before, so I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to using one, but I'm learning.

PRS":xsqklv4g said:
Any progress?

Thank you for the reply, I'm getting really strange pre delay or something in Bias, just tried it again. I think the problem is in how I'm configuring Focusrite control. I'm having the best luck with S-Gear, but still haven't got it quite right. I hate the idea of just throwing more money at the problem, but I'm seriously considering the Axe FX 3 for a plug and play solution. I still don't know wtf I'm doing in DAW's, and can't get Spark to engage, even though I have it loaded in Reaper. I'll get it sorted out, it's just gonna take some time.

I'd definitely recommend S-Gear over BIAS from everything I've heard and read, but of course if you want to go the whole hog with digital, Kemper and AXE are impossible to beat.

IMHO, it's Kemper, then AXE, then BIAS. HELIX falls somewhere between or around AXE and BIAS, I think.

Monkey Man":348cuyik said:
I'd definitely recommend S-Gear over BIAS from everything I've heard and read, but of course if you want to go the whole hog with digital, Kemper and AXE are impossible to beat.

IMHO, it's Kemper, then AXE, then BIAS. HELIX falls somewhere between or around AXE and BIAS, I think.

Agreed on all points. On the wait list for Axe Fx III.

Dingleberries":2rgq46wx said:
Monkey Man":2rgq46wx said:

Good decision. I am waiting for the AX8 to go lower on price sometime in the future after AFXIII is released.

PRS":22dya3jn said:
Dingleberries":22dya3jn said:
Monkey Man":22dya3jn said:

Good decision. I am waiting for the AX8 to go lower on price sometime in the future after AFXIII is released.

I don't think you can go wrong there, especially after the demos I've heard, just a great apparatus.

Back