I broke down and bought Bias Desktop for PC

Dingleberries

And the main reason is because it works as a stand alone, had relatively good experience Bias for iPad, and its dirt simple to use. I will absolutely be getting Reaxis soon, right after I can confirm it works in Reaper, as well as some other suggestions :rock:

Nice. Will probably be getting that soon. Didn't like the first version but the BIAS 2 demo is really nice and way easier to dial in IMO. BTW, I use Reaper and have both Mercuriall Reaxis and Spark. Both work flawlessly in Reaper and sound just great.

dfrattaroli":x3dbb51s said:
Nice. Will probably be getting that soon. Didn't like the first version but the BIAS 2 demo is really nice and way easier to dial in IMO. BTW, I use Reaper and have both Mercuriall Reaxis and Spark. Both work flawlessly in Reaper and sound just great.

Thank you, that’s great to hear. Unfortunately I’m still getting tone that sounds like the demo version that I gotta straighten out.

Cool. Check out my YouTube for tips on classic rock tones (I keep adding more as time permits).

I use both S-Gear and Bias through Mainstage. For more effects I use the Wave plugins. Each has it's own strengths.
I tried the Kemper and Fractal stuff but these alternatives do the job for a fraction of the cost.
The standalone version of S-Gear is great. I leave it on all day, good to just grab the guitar and play. Always ready.

I gotta be doing something wrong, because Bias sounds very weak and anemic. It sounds far better on my iPad, and considering the hardware I'm working with, that should not be the case. Here's my signal chain;
Guitar-overdrive-H9-Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre-USB type C out-USB type C into computer-Bias/Focusrite control-Headphone out

DaveP":34i0s1tm said:
I use both S-Gear and Bias through Mainstage. For more effects I use the Wave plugins. Each has it's own strengths.
I tried the Kemper and Fractal stuff but these alternatives do the job for a fraction of the cost.
The standalone version of S-Gear is great. I leave it on all day, good to just grab the guitar and play. Always ready.

Thank you, do I need to buy the full version of S-Gear for it to sound right? I'm just getting a very weak sounding tone ATM, I feel like I gotta be doing something wrong, because with the hardware I'm running, even a crappy plugin should destroy the tone I get on my iPad, and it's not happening

A lot depends out your audio interface. That will make or break your experience. The trial version should be the same as the full version.
Make sure you input is adjusted to push the meters almost into the red, if to low it will sound weak.

I am using an iMac with Apogee Duet 2 and have no issues getting great tones.

DaveP":2terqmi0 said:
A lot depends out your audio interface. That will make or break your experience. The trial version should be the same as the full version.
Make sure you input is adjusted to push the meters almost into the red, if to low it will sound weak.

I am using an iMac with Apogee Duet 2 and have no issues getting great tones.

thank you, I'm running a Focusrute Clarett 2 Pre via USB type C conection, and running the meters just under the red zone. I'm new to Windows coming from iOS, and I'm still pretty lost, but I'm slowly catching on, its just not intuitive to me.

BIAS 2 isn't worth the money, IMO. The Celestion addition sounds great but at $300 it's getting to close to the Helix Native price, which I actually bought discounted cheaper than the combined cost of my Positive Grid plugins. BIAS 2 doesn't sound much different than BIAS 1 without the Celestion IRs. It sounds good, but Helix is better. It doesn't have a standalone version yet.

Spaceboy":1r1n25r0 said:
BIAS 2 isn't worth the money, IMO. The Celestion addition sounds great but at $300 it's getting to close to the Helix Native price, which I actually bought discounted cheaper than the combined cost of my Positive Grid plugins. BIAS 2 doesn't sound much different than BIAS 1 without the Celestion IRs. It sounds good, but Helix is better. It doesn't have a standalone version yet.

I agree, so far I'm not impressed, but I only bought the basic Bias 2 amp package, not gonna waiste any more money on ineffective options. At this point I'm seriously considering the Axe fx3 and just be done with it.

Dingleberries":2hwpe106 said:
And the main reason is because it works as a stand alone, had relatively good experience Bias for iPad, and its dirt simple to use. I will absolutely be getting Reaxis soon, right after I can confirm it works in Reaper, as well as some other suggestions :rock:

I have been using reaxis with reaper exclusively. everything is working. I do recommend looking at ownhammer IR impulses. After replacing the stock ones that come with mercurial SWs it's been a night and day really.

K-Roll":3etgtbba said:
Dingleberries":3etgtbba said:

I have been using reaxis with reaper exclusively. everything is working. I do recommend looking at ownhammer IR impulses. After replacing the stock ones that come with mercurial SWs it's been a night and day really.

Thank you, I'm going to look into that as soon as I have a better handle on wtf I'm doing.

Dingleberries":2e188fri said:
I gotta be doing something wrong, because Bias sounds very weak and anemic. It sounds far better on my iPad, and considering the hardware I'm working with, that should not be the case. Here's my signal chain;
Guitar-overdrive-H9-Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre-USB type C out-USB type C into computer-Bias/Focusrite control-Headphone out

Have you tried going straight from your guitar into the Focusrite? Are you using headphones or monitors? Did you update your drivers?

PRS":3k6ig9or said:
Dingleberries":3k6ig9or said:

Have you tried going straight from your guitar into the Focusrite? Are you using headphones or monitors? Did you update your drivers?

Haven't tried going straight in, drivers are up to date, and I'm using headphones. it just acting very scetchy, tried some different things, but still having some user error issues. I haven't figured out how to configure it correctly, but I'll get there. Having much better luck with S-Gear.

Dingleberries":2b7b4lox said:
I would go Guitar>Focusrite>pc/Bias and try to dial in good tones first before adding pedals/H9. Also what headphones are you using? When you say anemic it makes me think that you could be running a headset that requires more Ohms/power to push them... that scenario would make everything sound a bit tinny. When you listen to music on your headphones do they sound nice and full sounding?

errrrrl":3idqxbfl said:
Dingleberries":3idqxbfl said:
I would go Guitar>Focusrite>pc/Bias and try to dial in good tones first before adding pedals/H9. Also what headphones are you using? When you say anemic it makes me think that you could be running a headset that requires more Ohms/power to push them... that scenario would make everything sound a bit tinny. When you listen to music on your headphones do they sound nice and full sounding?

Thank you for the reply, I'm using Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's for headphones. I'm doing something wrong, or have neglected to do something like properly register or activate my account.

Back