Badlands unreleased Demos that I have never heard...

I have that disc. Downloaded it like 8 yrs ago, sound quality isn't the best but it's pretty cool to hear how they put songs together...many parts of the demos would end up as parts of what would be recorded on all 3 albums, although on the demos they are completely different songs. Some of those are live takes, you can hear the chatter before they start...lol
Cool stuff!

Those demos are very cool especially Let It Bleed . Time Goes By was a bonus track on one of the versions of Dusk

heard these years ago and often wonder when they were done. Time goes by sounds like it might have been around the first album. When I listen to Dusk I hear one of the greatest live bands ever. They are son "on" during those recordings that it is scary. I know around voodoo highway they really struggled to get opening gigs because the "big bands" didn't want to follow them because they knew they couldn't

if you haven't listened already check out the double stop podcast episodes 25/26 and 28 for interviews with Greg and Jeff...some great stuff in there

http://thedoublestop.com/ep-25-greg-chaisson-badlands/

sytharnia1560":2ddjewdo said:
heard these years ago and often wonder when they were done. Time goes by sounds like it might have been around the first album. When I listen to Dusk I hear one of the greatest live bands ever. They are son "on" during those recordings that it is scary. I know around voodoo highway they really struggled to get opening gigs because the "big bands" didn't want to follow them because they knew they couldn't

if you haven't listened already check out the double stop podcast episodes 25/26 and 28 for interviews with Greg and Jeff...some great stuff in there

I saw them in a club on the `91 Voodoo Highway tour and they kicked ass . I didn`t know it then but Ray was ill and he looked it but sounded great . They did an encore of Deep Purples Speed King

hammered":2wbtsmwz said:
sytharnia1560":2wbtsmwz said:

I saw them in a club on the `91 Voodoo Highway tour and they kicked ass . I didn`t know it then but Ray was ill and he looked it but sounded great . They did an encore of Deep Purples Speed King
I caught them in 89 at Riverfest in St Paul...they were on a side stage, I think SRV was headlining later. Not a lot of people there for Badlands, but I enjoyed the show..
Killer band.

Yea good stuff! love the raw "in room mic'd feeling".

Oddly (b/c i'm odd), i always get Badlands and Contraband mixed up :confused:

When i opened this thread I was expecting unreleased Demos of this group (IMO, Schenker ef'n KILLS in this song)
...Sorry to derail OP...

Back