Buxom Boost

Junk Yard Dog

Anyone try it? ...Was thinking to use it to replace my TC Spark Boost (the big one), which I love as a clean and TS boost for my modded Marshalls.

I have the BE50, and though I don't need it, I always have a boost on the board just to tighten some things up and I like the idea of the Tight knob on this pedal. Can also boost the mids for a TS flavor, I presume, and also run it on the clean channel for some low gain dirt tones on that channel.

Cheers.

This pedal is on my radar as well. There was a lot of praise for it on the “boost for already distorted amp” (or whatever the title was) thread that was floating around a few days ago.

Yup. Absolutely killer pedal. I’m not a huge fan of boosts but mine has sounded great with all my amps.

I've been wondering about this myself, thinking about picking up a different boost for my '71 Marshall but I don't want to get something that is too honky or cuts too much bass.

JerEvil":d7ehgab2 said:
Yup. Absolutely killer pedal. I’m not a huge fan of boosts but mine has sounded great with all my amps.

Cheers!
Nitrobattery":d7ehgab2 said:
I can't recommend it enough. Killer pedal.

krueger":d7ehgab2 said:
It is great. It can make any amp have more beef, sizzle or less.

Awesome. As we've discussed, I'd like a a little bit of enhanced tightness (and maybe compression) with my BE50 for certain songs we play in the cover band. My TC Spark does a pretty good job, but this Tight knob has me intrigued! I'm going to order the Buxom Boost today.

TL;DR - Get it, it is amazing.

I have gone through a few boost pedals and this is definitely ranked among the best. I play high gain, boost the already distorted amp and this pedal works very well. Is what I am using in my JP2C right now.

I would snag the one up for $175 on the classified if it is still available. I paid over $200 for mine new and do not regret.

Edit: I will say, if I HAD to pick something apart about it, compared to the King of Tone or the Koko Boost or other pedals in the price range....It does not feel "cheap" per say but the construction/build quality of those others do seem a bit more solid.

I see this pedal get a lot of love but for me, it seems thicker and softer. I like my tone to cut more with a boost. Does this pedal do it? So far for me it is an OD-1 clone and I think the EWS little brute drive is pretty damn good to. It doesn't cut any bass but stays tight. Boost are hard though, such a personal thing and are also rig, speaker, and pickup dependent.

Kapo_Polenton":3onw69ra said:
Boost are hard though, such a personal thing and are also rig, speaker, and pickup dependent.

So true. Everything plays a factor.

FWIW I like the Buxom in both my amps however it sounds better to me in the Mesa than it does in the Bogner. The Bogner likes the koko boost.

Mad Axe":3um9kmkb said:
I've been wondering about this myself, thinking about picking up a different boost for my '71 Marshall but I don't want to get something that is too honky or cuts too much bass.

Check out the eq on the Buxom , you can add a ton of bass if need be . I’ve got the bass pot on mine off and the mids bumped up just a little

I have been eyeballing one of these. Would need to move a boost / OD to justify it and not sure I want to let any of them go! Shiba Re-loaded or EQD Talons maybe. Not a chance I would move the Koko.

Well I just ordered a Buxom Boost. I have a Precision Drive coming too. Hopefully I’ll like one much more than the other so I won’t be tempted to keep both.

Great pedal! I have one on my board that I use where we rehearse. I use it to boost my Dirty Shirley pedal and it sounds fabulous!

PBGas":1o7s7fgu said:
Great pedal! I have one on my board that I use where we rehearse. I use it to boost my Dirty Shirley pedal and it sounds fabulous!

It does stack pretty nicely from the combos I have tried :rock:

Best Boost pedal out there. At least for my Friedman Smallbox. I can easily get it into HBE territory while containing the Smallbox DNA. It can also be dialed in to reduce the gain of the amp, making it a 4 channel amp instead of 2. Can't recommend it enough.

Got the BB and played it with my BE50 this weekend. Cool pedal for sure. However, I think the one thing is missing from it for me is a Level knob. The boost not only adds gain/saturation, but it adds a bit of volume. I'll keep playing with it.

Cheers!

Back