Amp shipping costs?

maddnotez

Banned
To anyone who has shipped an amp (recently) how much was the bill? I may list one of my amps for sale and was just curious of what the US rates were these days?

boyedav":3iwrtsty said:
$70-100 lately, depending on weight, size, distance, etc. I've also noticed there can be as much as a $20 difference between UPS/FedEx/USPS. for the same shipment.

Yeah that's cool with me, was just looking for a range as I have 1 big heavy amp and one smaller sized. Anything $100 and under sounds good. Still debating but I may have a big sell off soon and just trying to calculate some things.

Distance is a big factor. Go to the USPS web page and use the calculator. A 1 pound difference could be a $1.00 difference in price.

Rick Lee":2qlyyckl said:
If it's an eBay or Reverb deal, their shipping discount can be significant. FedEx and UPS are about 10% cheaper if you use your own account than just dropping off and let them print the label. And for USPS, check out the "secret" PayPal shipping link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Holy crap that is a huge discount.

I did a fake shipment to NY and it shows under $13 with $2k of insurance.

I assume an amp in a box would meet the Large Flat Rate Box criteria.

Thanks for posting that.

Yea amps through Reverb only. About $50 if you're within a few states. Cross country...there's nothing you can really do about that.

Seems like rates are all over the place. $35, $125.

Either way at least it's not $200+. If I ship I'm gonna try that PayPal link.

I ship amps a lot all via FedEx. 50lb mostly and it’s gone up some.. 70 to 88.00 insured. Now don’t pack it in a insanely huge box, size matters in the price.. also don’t insure it for a insane amount either..

maddnotez":2fsut5x0 said:
To anyone who has shipped an amp (recently) how much was the bill? I may list one of my amps for sale and was just curious of what the US rates were these days?

$85 insured.

pfapin05":3ijze2hm said:
maddnotez":3ijze2hm said:

$85 insured.

Same, I just sent one out. The link with the coupon only showed Large Flat Rate Box as the Largest which does not fit an amp.

But it was still under $100 which is what I was hoping for so all good. :rock:

Back