Anyone here ever try Darkglass stuff?

VH4_BigRig

Anybody here ever played Darkglass gear? https://www.darkglass.com/

Karnivool's bassist has one of my favourite bass tones, and when I saw he had a custom pedal made by these guys it got my attention...then I saw the lineup of other players using their stuff and was like "holy sh*t, how have I never heard of these guys before?". Then I saw their prices...yikes! Anybody here have any input on whether this gear is worth the coin?

Here is the tone that I love, just for reference- ballsy as hell!

On nail this mix the guy who mixed this song ( forester something) actually just came out with a video showing you exactly how he came up with that tone. At the end of the video he turns on the pedal and its basically the same tone.

Haven't played one, but the Darkglass Vintage Microtubes has been on my radar for maybe a year or two. Supposed to be for bass, but I was thinking it might be good for guitar, too, not so much as a drive pedal or even really a boost, than a tone enhancer. Still haven't pulled the trigger yet, though. I didn't think the price was too outrageous for this one, but some of their stuff does get pricey.

Yes. I toured the vintage deluxe stuff. It was great but think of it as an updated sansamp, not some magical device.

I sold it when I got the Source Audio aftershock which has models of it and MUCH MUCH more for $149 if you dont mind digital.

I have used most of their products. They are absolutely fantastic. I mainly play bass these days and the only thing Darkglass hasn't ousted yet for me is my Aguilar tone hammer pre. Just a matter of time though, I have just had it for years. Truly worth it all around in my opinion.

VH4_BigRig":2pf3hue2 said:
Anybody here ever played Darkglass gear? https://www.darkglass.com/

Karnivool's bassist has one of my favourite bass tones, and when I saw he had a custom pedal made by these guys it got my attention...then I saw the lineup of other players using their stuff and was like "holy sh*t, how have I never heard of these guys before?". Then I saw their prices...yikes! Anybody here have any input on whether this gear is worth the coin?

Here is the tone that I love, just for reference- ballsy as hell!

I really want to buy a few of their pedals but am pretty broke and cant afford them right now. :(

Back