Titan amp compared to the other SLO type amps ?

idnotbe

i watched the following videos and thought that the sound is far better than any SLO type amps (incl. the original) .

can anyone share the experience with Titan??
for ex, in person it cannot be cleaned up well with guitar volume... etc.

wonder how good it is in real world.

FourT6and2":qyl2p13z said:
As far as I know the Titan amp in question literally is an SLO clone.
It was. I had a 3 Channel. Sounded great but was a total sh*t show experience.

Ohh man I had forgotten about Zach/Titan

I would not own one of those for any reason. The builders hated him and he had customer problems galore.

OP, if you want an SLO clone go check out C3 amps. He can either build you one or you buy all the parts and build one for yourself. But it's all very high quality. I built one using a lot of his parts and it's not a bad sounding amp at all.

Just buy an used HR100+ if you don't feel like shelling out for an SLO100. Would probably turn out cheaper and holds value better than clones.

godgrinder":2f0saz46 said:
Just buy an used HR100+ if you don't feel like shelling out for an SLO100. Would probably turn out cheaper and holds value better than clones.
This. Around 1K usually, and unless you know who put the SLO Clone together the HR will be better built.

I had a Titan and liked it. I have heard they were supposed to be sloclones, but I didn't think mine felt or sounded like a SLO. And I thought the clean was much better than the cleans on a SLO. Also I thought it was very easy to record with...even with a ton of gain. I may still have a clip of it somewhere.

Thankfully I didn't have any of the nightmare issues many others did. He told me it would take 4 weeks and it took 5. That was the worst of it so I was pretty lucky.

I played a couple of Titans, and they definitely didn't sound like SLOs to me. Also met Zach, and confirmed from him that they are not clones.

They are SLO Clones with a few tweaks taken from a thread on the SLO Clone Forum. And gut shot photos confirmed that he was using the "Smash" PCBs from the SLO Clone Forum as well with the clear as day silkscreen of "not for commercial use". Can't say if that was in every amp he built. But at least a few.

I can buy a bunch of PCBs and chassis from C3 amps and build a bunch of SLO Clones, slap a new name on the front... like I dunno... "RipTide Amplification" and sell it for $2,300 right? Maybe change the NFB resistor value and make the Depth circuit closer to a Rectifier. Totally different amp than the SLO right? Right. /sarcasm

rbasaria":1igbcewx said:
I played a couple of Titans, and they definitely didn't sound like SLOs to me. Also met Zach, and confirmed from him that they are not clones.
clone or heavily inspired. It’s all semantics. I call my CCV a Clone although I have changed a handful of components. Changinf some
Values by insignificant amounts and keeping the same
Topology is a clone IMHO

scottosan":2u94v639 said:
rbasaria":2u94v639 said:
clone or heavily inspired. It’s all semantics. I call my CCV a Clone although I have changed a handful of components. Changinf some
Values by insignificant amounts and keeping the same
Topology is a clone IMHO

Totally agree. Too many amp companies have lineups of amps that are all the same exact design, just a few values of components changed. They'll swap a few things here or there (just voicing things) and slap a new name on the chassis and voila! Introducing the Mega Shredder Distortion 100. Only $800 more than the old Super Rhythm Overdestructo 100.

No, no it is not. ;-)

FourT6and2":3h1ghkct said:
OP, if you want an SLO clone go check out C3 amps. He can either build you one or you buy all the parts and build one for yourself. But it's all very high quality. I built one using a lot of his parts and it's not a bad sounding amp at all.

Back