Pedalboard mess ****update new board ***

bubbastain

Well I have my board pretty 95% done. I have a Precision Drive and Buxom Boost coming, but it will be a battle between those and the Mr Black to see who is staying.
Problem is the messy cables. I hate it. Even with the small George L’s it’s still a mess. The power supply cables are a problem. I think I need to go the Pedaltrain route. What are you guys using?

WGtbMWLl.jpg

Got my new board and made an adjustment or two. Spot next to the tuner is for the Zuul.

ysb6Vehl.jpg

I am using a Pedaltrain but am currently moving things around so it is not orderly. I have to do something about my cables as well. The power cables going to the Brick are fine but the patch cables are a mess.

Quick question while we are on this, I bought this used years ago and the previous owner put the rough side of the velcro onto the board. It seems that whenever I buy a used pedal with velcro, it has the rough side on the pedal. Is it kind of standard to put the soft side of velcro on the board, or am I thinking too much about it?

Attachments

• Board small.jpg
    Board small.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 1,496
OP: With a flat board like yours (and mine), I do custom cable lengths for audio and route and zip tie the power cables the best I can. Forget what they're called but the cable ties with the adhesive square connected work pretty well to keep things out of the way. I keep extra George L cable and ends around for when I want to change something if the old cable length doesn't work.

fek, I've only ever seen soft side on the board and rough on the pedals.

consider these building blocks. I created a board using these components and it kicks ass and is flexible.

- Friedman Buffer/Patch Bay
- Friedman pedalboard
- Friedman power supply
- 3 monkeys solderless power cables
- Evidence Audio SIS (solderless)...good enough for David Gilmour, good enough for me and it sounds greater.

The size of your board can be neatly organized in the pre and post paths of the Friedman patch bay to support
amp effects loops or patch it to go up front.

I added a Gigrig quartermaster to shorten signal paths (ie take fuzz/wah/octave in our out of loop). etc.

Well I went ahead and ordered a Pedaltrain Novo 32. I have a feeling it will be a bit too big, but the 24 would have been a bit too small. I’ll still look into the patch bay thing and other ways to clean things up. I will need it to easily be used with everything in front of a clean amp or delays in loop and boosts up front.

Because of that exact reason I decided to go with a board from these guys: http://www.maplerockpedalboards.ca/ in snakeskin finish. Voodoo power supply under the board and minimal mess up top. It comes with wired jacks too so I have a send/receive for the FX loop as well. Nice and clean and I can just swap pedals in and out as needed because let's face it, nothing is ever permanent and I can never quite decide which OD is the winner. With the recent Guv'nor that I got from Japan it's a tough race for number 1 and the KoKo boost is off the board for the time being.

Les Zombie":9w9cbkgf said:

Damn that's clean. So when my Pedaltrain board comes in i expect I'll be able to get it clean, not as clean as yours, but much cleaner than what I have now. Going to be adding a Fortin Zuul, a Mooer Micro preamp pedal and maybe one or two more. I will make it so I can run everything in front of a clean amp, straight into a power amp or Delays and reverb in the loop and OD/Boosts in front of a single or multi channel amp with just a easy swap of a cable or two.

Thank you.

I never owned a pedal train but from what ive seen you will def have a much cleaner board, the underside of my board is tidy and not a mess, but not as clean as i would like it to be, everything is secure and held in place good and my powersource securely mounted, but i coulda did a better job on keeping the wiring cleaner like some of the boards ive seen. It gets hard because my pedals have to be placed in a certain order to get all of them to fit on my board, then gotta chain them all together and then got the power source cables to also deal with, haha took me about 3 or 4 hours to get it the way i wanted it.

This is mine..same sort of deal as the one above but way less fancy and not as elite a pedal line up lol. The key is that you can hide all your shit under the board and have nice clean wiring on top.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180323_163410.jpg
    MVIMG_20180323_163410.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 1,161
bubbastain":3pdxq6ci said:
Well I have my board pretty 95% done. I have a Precision Drive and Buxom Boost coming, but it will be a battle between those and the Mr Black to see who is staying.
Problem is the messy cables. I hate it. Even with the small George L’s it’s still a mess. The power supply cables are a problem. I think I need to go the Pedaltrain route. What are you guys using?

WGtbMWLl.jpg

What is the pedal in the bottom right corner ? Looks weird

You guys and your tidy pedal boards....really makes me realize I need to get my shit together. I still have my crappy old SKB PS-25 with the pedals flapping all over the place with 15 year old barely working velcro. :aww:

thegame":19o0x8sw said:
bubbastain":19o0x8sw said:

WGtbMWLl.jpg

What is the pedal in the bottom right corner ? Looks weird

I made that. It's a remote volume control and a expression pedal. In the picture I don't have it hooked up for the volume pedal part. I can set the knob on the side to however clean I want to roll back my volume knob and it's just a stomp away. The knob/ Wheel on top controls different parameters of my Delaylab. The wheel part is from a weedeater. I can turn it with the side of my foot.

Back