Return of the Stuck on Desert Island Series!

a24fretman

Howdy Ladies & Germs!

Hope everyone is doing good! Been awhile since logging in, life got in the way, been caring for aged/ill parents. All fairly stable now, have some breathing room, therefore.......
What better way to return than to kick off another stuck on a desert island series,#4! so, here goes:

Your stuck on a deserted island, you've already posted your guitar, in YSOADI #3. So, now this time you have to post your AMP! Yup, you get only 1 amp to bring with you, your ultimate amp, your go to piece of Elysium, lol. Maybe its an amp you have sold, never had, or still have? So lets see what the troops can muster up, send in your PIC!

I'll kick it off with my choice, (I'm sure Metalmaniac/Mooncobra already know, LOL) Props go out to both of them for their help in my decisions/mods/extras on this amp. :thumbsup:

Its a Marshall 1979 JMP 2203. Rockmonster Mod by Dan Gower. Simply put, life would cease to exist if something happened to it. It does everything. It's a Swiss army knife of amps. Its got that something special,(you know what i mean) Like Dan got into my aged brain, dusted off the few marbles i have left floating around, and figured out exactly what i wanted/needed. Dan also posted a Youtube clip using my amp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8pXS34d6A I cannot say enough good things about Dan, as a person, his work ethic, and his talents!
VIVA LA' GOWER! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

N4aREVV.jpg

Y19ThOq.jpg

a24fretman":24d1vknu said:
Howdy Ladies & Germs!

Hope everyone is doing good! Been awhile since logging in, life got in the way, been caring for aged/ill parents. All fairly stable now, have some breathing room, therefore.......
What better way to return than to kick off another stuck on a desert island series,#4! so, here goes:

Your stuck on a deserted island, you've already posted your guitar, in YSOADI #3. So, now this time you have to post your AMP! Yup, you get only 1 amp to bring with you, your ultimate amp, your go to piece of Elysium, lol. Maybe its an amp you have sold, never had, or still have? So lets see what the troops can muster up, send in your PIC!

I'll kick it off with my choice, (I'm sure Metalmaniac/Mooncobra already know, LOL) Props go out to both of them for their help in my decisions/mods/extras on this amp. :thumbsup:

Its a Marshall 1979 JMP 2203. Rockmonster Mod by Dan Gower. Simply put, life would cease to exist if something happened to it. It does everything. It's a Swiss army knife of amps. Its got that something special,(you know what i mean) Like Dan got into my aged brain, dusted off the few marbles i have left floating around, and figured out exactly what i wanted/needed. Dan also posted a Youtube clip using my amp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8pXS34d6A I cannot say enough good things about Dan, as a person, his work ethic, and his talents!
VIVA LA' GOWER! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

N4aREVV.jpg

Y19ThOq.jpg

The Rockmonster is very bad ass!! Love this amp!! I miss mine terribly! (here is a clip of the rockmonster I used to own https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XwINCikWoA)Right now I have a Friedman SS100 that was changed to an aggressive BE and it rocks! I like it a lot. The Gower, the Friedman, and I also had a 50 watt Cameron Aldrich that just killed, its hard to decide between these amps. VIVA LA Gower & Friedman!

Hey Moon! Wassup Brother?

Ya, lol, I remember you actually had Dan's beast! I also remember a few of us trying to talk you out of selling it, LOL! But i get it, theres always something new to try. Had a Bogner 100b, and I had a modded Cameron, and your right, that Cameron was awesome! they each got their own flavor. I just can do anything i want with this Gower. The Guy certainly has an ear! This amp is such a versatile player (according to the mods you choose). This thing run W/D/W is just ridiculous! I'm ruined now. Ya, it's grown roots at my place, HA! :D

Its a Marshall 1979 JMP 2203. Rockmonster Mod by Dan Gower.

Having listened to clips of Dan’s amps - particularly the ones where Dan is doing the playing, I join the OP’s choice.

Great amp choices fellas. To the OP... The JMP Rockmonster mod by GOWER sounds heavenly. Heres my choice. 2014 FRIEDMAN BE100 with Master and Gain pots added to fully separate the HBE channel. Work done by Dave Friedman. He also added the GAIN STRUCTURE switch on front. I love this amp and cab. Cab has 25w Greenies on top and V30s on the bottom.

RYtMupB.jpg

py5oS6E.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PDC
My Mark IIB Coliseum and 4x12 Half-Back cab, so I can be discovered by neighboring islands, and get transported back to the rest of my amps.

Back