HNGD.... a long time coming!!!

mystixboi

Growing up, there have been different guitars that influenced the kind of guitars I buy today. They gave me GAS even before I knew what GAS was!!! They are:

Ibanez Universe Swirl - but I could never get one because I'm not a 7 string player

PRS Custom 22 - I already got my dream CU22 so I'm set there.

Fender Richie Sambora signature Strat - I don't think I'll ever own this one as the prices on these are pretty high.

And... an Ibanez RG550.

I remember going to a friend's home in the early 90's and playing his and loving it. Ibanez is releasing this guitar and it comes in purple!

Here are some pics I took today...

Ibanez RG550 Genesis Electric Guitar, Purple Neon

The Ibanez RG550 Genesis Electric Guitar brings back vibe of the good old days with precise construction by Japanese craftsmanship, to prove that this iconic guitar has always led the rock guitar scene.

Ibanez builds guitars for all levels of players -- from beginners to the most demanding masters of the instrument. Regardless of price, Ibanez always strives to offer the absolute best sound, style, and playability in its class.

It all started in 1987, the debut of the Ibanez RG was a milestone in rock guitar history. With its spartan look, supreme playability and versatility due to innovative specs, the RG made a big impact and is still evolving today.

A prominent feature of the original RG is the ultra thin Super Wizard neck, constructed of five solid pieces of Maple & Walnut for absolute rock solid stability to provide extra-smooth playing. With the classic Edge tremolo bridge, the most extreme sonic acrobatics can be fearlessly performed with confidence that the guitar will effortlessly return to perfect tuning. The original Ibanez V7, S1, V8 pickups offer a wide range of sound and attack when combined with the 5-way pickup switch. Additionally, incredible tuning stability is achieved through the use of the Gotoh machine heads.

Features
- Super Wizard 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- Basswood body
- Maple fretboard w/Black dot inlay
- Jumbo frets
- Edge tremolo bridge
- Gotoh machine heads
- Ibanez V7 (H) neck pickup
- Ibanez S1 (S) middle pickup
- Ibanez V8 (H) bridge pickup
- Black Hardware

My friend, that is the guitar my handle comes from ;) Mine's more worn in and customized but that's her! Congrats man!!! I want a 2nd one.. BTW, it's hard to capture the color on camera huh, changes depending on viewing angle.

27742867028_66aefbc940_b.jpg

I bought an 87 RG550 in '89, for 200 bucks from a guy who won it in a Guitar for the Practicing Musician Magazine giveaway. 200 bucks. It was black, and a great player. It and my Hamer Centaura were my 2 gigging axes for over 20 yrs.
Congrats on an Awesome NGD!

Purpleibby":1a0m0kg0 said:
My friend, that is the guitar my handle comes from ;) Mine's more worn in and customized but that's her! Congrats man!!! I want a 2nd one.. BTW, it's hard to capture the color on camera huh, changes depending on viewing angle.

That is funny that you should say that because I showed it to my wife this evening and she said I never thought you would buy a maroon Guitar. It was just the angle that I was showing it to her at

mystixboi":2wsyd9xa said:
Purpleibby":2wsyd9xa said:

That is funny that you should say that because I showed it to my wife this evening and she said I never thought you would buy a maroon Guitar. It was just the angle that I was showing it to her at

LOL! So right man, this guitar is impossible to capture on camera because the color changes depending on the angle/the color of the flash....just an awesome looking guitar(and a BMF playing/tonewise to boot!)Loaded mine up with a Air Zone/Area 61/Paf Joe w/no tone control.....fucking smokes! I always loved that Reb Beach flip flop kramer too(seventeen video), man I wanted that guitar back in the day :LOL: :LOL: !

Again, congrats on the great score, such great condition too!!!!...Favorite guitar in my arsenal!

Racerxrated":2kbej8ey said:
I bought an 87 RG550 in '89, for 200 bucks from a guy who won it in a Guitar for the Practicing Musician Magazine giveaway. 200 bucks. It was black, and a great player. It and my Hamer Centaura were my 2 gigging axes for over 20 yrs.
Congrats on an Awesome NGD!

Man awesome! I lucked out on mine too, but of course it was years ago.....I scored my purple ibby for $150 :shocked: ...and I NEVER get good deals but on that one, man I got so lucky!

bitchin, Ibanez makes some cool guitars. I want to try one of the AV series, except I hope they offer more color options.

Back