So what CAN you buy with a Guitar Center coupon?

GregM

I've been on the fence about a Strat for a while. I got a Guitar Center email coupon today and finally decided to order it . I go to order it tonight and Fender is excluded, along with damn near every other major brand you might want. I usually ignore their emails and this must have been the first time I actually tried to use the coupon code. :doh:

Products from the following manufacturers are excluded: A Designs, ADAM, Aguilar, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Apogee, Apple, Arturia, Ashdown, Ashly Audio, Avantone, Avid, BAE, Beetronics FX, Blackstar, Bose, Boss, Burl Audio, Catalinbread, Chapman, Crate, Cusack Music, D.W. Fearn, Dangerous Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Dean Markley, Earthquaker Devices, Earthworks, Electro-Harmonix, Elysia, Empress Effects, Epiphone, Ernie Ball Music Man, EVH, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Focal, Focusrite, Fostex, Friedman, Fulltone, Fulltone Custom Shop, Gallien-Krueger, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Golden Age Project, GoPro, Heritage Audio, ISP Technologies, JHS Pedals, Keeley, Kemper, Korg, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, LaChapell Audio, Lag Guitars, Lewitt Audio Microphones, Lindell Audio, Mackie, Manley, Meinl, Metric Halo, Millennia, Mojave Audio, Moog, MOTU, Native Instruments, Neumann, Nord, Novation, Orange Amplifiers, Pettyjohn Electronics, Phoenix Audio, Radial Engineering, Randall, Rane, Reloop, Reverend, RME, Rockett Pedals, Roland, Royer, Ruach Music, se Electronics, Serato, Shure, Slate Digital, Slate Pro Audio, Slate Media Technology, Softube, Soundbrenner, Squier, Steven Slate Drums, Studiologic, Suzuki, Taylor, Teenage Engineering, Telefunken, Teletronix, Toft Audio Designs, Tube-Tech, Voodoo Lab, Vox, Walrus Audio, Wampler, Warm Audio, Westone, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, ZT.

Yep. Those things are a joke. I delete 'em as quick as they come in unless I need bulk strings or something. They are valid for absolutely nothing worthwhile...

I have found that you can get almost anything if you go inside the store. They simply cannot advertise below MAP. Not their fault, it's the manufacturer.

scottosan":sp7xnz99 said:
I have found that you can get almost anything if you go inside the store. They simply cannot advertise below MAP. Not their fault, it's the manufacturer.

Except they never carry anything good in the actual store. :(

cables and accessories is about it . I looked when I first got one and l finally decided it was best used as toilet paper

scottosan":1ftph6es said:
That’s not entirely true. I tried on a Friedman amp. They was gonna do it but there system wouldn’t let them.

I finally got a response from somebody today and he confirmed that the exclusions on the coupons are for legal reasons with the manufacturers and the coupon would work in store. Except I'm an hour and a half from the closest GC and the guitar I want is only in stock in CA. I emailed the closest store to me on Monday and didn't get a response. Maybe this is too much effort go get somebody to take my money.

Drive the 1.5 hours to the store and buy the guitar with the coupon at that store and have it shipped to your house.

Back