Speaker Cables

Detroit1973":212hi8k2 said:
Who Makes the Best? What is the Best Length for at Home?
Most cables are of a better gauge and quality that the hookup wire in the cab. basically the shortest distance you can get away with. As for quality, you get to the point of diminishing returns really quick for your money on short runs.

scottosan":30kym5iy said:
Detroit1973":30kym5iy said:
Who Makes the Best? What is the Best Length for at Home?
Most cables are of a better gauge and quality that the hookup wire in the cab. basically the shortest distance you can get away with. As for quality, you get to the point of diminishing returns really quick for your money on short runs.
^This, I have a bunch of short cables. Some of them are recycled old 2-prong power cords.

I really like the Alesandro speaker cables. Bought one I think five years ago and never looked back. Just got a speaker 3 cable recently as well. Great, sturdy cables.

LP Freak":3nzliqyf said:
Thanks for that link Jim. :thumbsup: I grabbed a couple 6 footers and they showed up today. They seem to be great quality.

Yep, good cable, not too expensive. I've got about 20 of them. Just couldn't beat the price vs building my own. Glad you got yours!

Actually I asked the same question during my NCB, I need a speaker cable for my Portcity and I'm aware of some brands like Colossal, Asterope, Evidence, Vovox, VDH ...but there is a Japanese maker that caught my attention, it's highly regarded by Michael Landau, Pete Thorn and Jeff Loomis, it's Providence. Tried to gather more infos and I realized it's a high end product without the high end price cause I just can't accept to lay down 100 bucks for a speaker cable, but something between 40 and 50 bucks sounds fine as long as the cable is durable, robust and built to last. I don't know if the "tone improvement" is real and worthy or not, but I know that cables which are built with high quality components will last a lifetime, they should spare us unwanted noises and shield the sound from TV and radio interference. But I truly I don't know about the claim that some cables make you feel like a blanket was taken off of your speakers, it sounds a bit off, but who knows! Once I get my cables I will try to share my impressions.

Scumback Speakers":30dg2a6l said:
LP Freak":30dg2a6l said:
Thanks for that link Jim. :thumbsup: I grabbed a couple 6 footers and they showed up today. They seem to be great quality.

Yep, good cable, not too expensive. I've got about 20 of them. Just couldn't beat the price vs building my own. Glad you got yours!

Have you tried their instrument cables? Any good?

highgainer":29l3map7 said:
Actually I asked the same question during my NCB, I need a speaker cable for my Portcity and I'm aware of some brands like Colossal, Asterope, Evidence, Vovox, VDH ...but there is a Japanese maker that caught my attention, it's highly regarded by Michael Landau, Pete Thorn and Jeff Loomis, it's Providence. Tried to gather more infos and I realized it's a high end product without the high end price cause I just can't accept to lay down 100 bucks for a speaker cable, but something between 40 and 50 bucks sounds fine as long as the cable is durable, robust and built to last. I don't know if the "tone improvement" is real and worthy or not, but I know that cables which are built with high quality components will last a lifetime, they should spare us unwanted noises and shield the sound from TV and radio interference. But I truly I don't know about the claim that some cables make you feel like a blanket was taken off of your speakers, it sounds a bit off, but who knows! Once I get my cables I will try to share my impressions.

Where site did you order from, is it in NZ or do they ship to NZ? I was looking them up and looks like 100.00 for a short cable :-0 , Ryan is not making/selling cables any longer? I still use mine.. Forgot what kind of cable it is, but it a monster..

Back