Fortin MESHUGGAH does... Plexi?

I just became aware of Fortin amps about a month ago. They're somewhat local to me and because of that I really wanted to like them, but just couldn't get into the sound- there's this harsh top-end sizzle I'm not a fan of, at least in the clips I've heard. That said, this demo sounds worlds better than any other Mershuggah demo thus far- I actually really dig the sounds in this video; always enjoy this guys demos. Nice work! Would love to try one in person.

Not bad, it got closer than I expected with all that horsepower under the hood :LOL: :LOL: I noticed Fredrik has 4 (!) Ampette switchers in his rack.. I'd love to have that problem :D

JTyson":1cn8ft55 said:
Not bad, it got closer than I expected with all that horsepower under the hood :LOL: :LOL: I noticed Fredrik has 4 (!) Ampette switchers in his rack.. I'd love to have that problem :D

Haha. No shit.

He has a lot of Mesa Boogie amps in that room too.

psychodave":35mx7jj7 said:
Sounds great. I’m willing to bet the speakers and cabinet are adding a lot to that sound.

+1

CrazyNutz":35mx7jj7 said:
Nice sound. Little darker, and more compressed sounding than your typical Plexi.

+2

Considering what lies under the hood of that hotrod, it's fairly impressive to get that close.

I like it. But I'm willing to bet I'd like it more through a set of G12M-25 Greenbacks. It's a bit "round" in the upper mids as is. Greenbacks would fix that.

psychodave":3swbkruz said:
JTyson":3swbkruz said:

Haha. No shit.

He has a lot of Mesa Boogie amps in that room too.

Man, if you look on his Instagram? That is just the start. Amp HEAVEN. Or hell, depending on how you look at it. :D

Back