ISP Vector 210 guitar sub... Yay or Nay?

errrrrl

I've never seen these ever popup locally on craigslist... the price recently went from $450 used to $300 so now i'm a little interested. I mainly play at home and a big fan of thick sounding chuggy riffs but just not sure if this thing is good.. bad... or even worth it? Main cab I play thru now is 3rd power 3x12 loaded with 2 v30s & a g12t75 which sounds good to my ears but the idea of a guitar sub is intriguing. What do you guys think?

After conversing with Gearbxusa (The Subman Cometh on YouTube) and rottingcorpse, the 210 seems to be less big sounding than the SL, but still good. The thing I don't like is the lack of crossover in the sub compared to the SL. I'd love to be able to pass the mids and highs to the guitar cab and dial up the lows more precisely with the sub.

The 210 is definitely on my radar. And not just for big lows. I really like the idea of having quite a bit more control over the low end overall.

For $300, I'd be all over it like a cheap suit.

I have one,and for $300 I'd buy another one. Perfect for a small rig. Mines being used with a mini mark v and two matching 1x12 cabs.

If it helps any, I often choose not to use the crossover on my ISP sub. They make a great & unique product. So much fun in the room jamming it!

crankyrayhanky":1jqw0rta said:
If it helps any, I often choose not to use the crossover on my ISP sub. They make a great & unique product. So much fun in the room jamming it!

Same, I don't use the crossover but damn the SL is AMAZING!!!!

I would absolutely get the 2x10. I have never tried one but I would imagine it hits hard as hell and is very punchy.

A lot of people are missing out and will argue about these ISP units but they are magical.

rottingcorpse":9un850zn said:
I have one,and for $300 I'd buy another one. Perfect for a small rig. Mines being used with a mini mark v and two matching 1x12 cabs.

How would you say the 210 works with a 2x12 or 4x12 of the more tight and focused variety? I really like the Jet City vertical 2x12 and have thought many times of running that with a Vector 210 in place of one of the 4x12s I'm looking at. This would be strictly for recording and home playing. Being able to manipulate the low end separately would be a big bonus for recording I think. (I do something similar now with Torpedo Wall Of Sound by using a bass heavy cab and effectively low passing it on a separate track from the other guitars. Works fairly well.)

Thanks for the input guys meeting the seller today on the way in to work. The price is awesome its the lack of space at home combined with a wife thats sick of seeing all my gear piling up thats the issue lol... oh well :LOL: :LOL:

EvilBatman":3nrx3cll said:
rottingcorpse":3nrx3cll said:

How would you say the 210 works with a 2x12 or 4x12 of the more tight and focused variety? I really like the Jet City vertical 2x12 and have thought many times of running that with a Vector 210 in place of one of the 4x12s I'm looking at. This would be strictly for recording and home playing. Being able to manipulate the low end separately would be a big bonus for recording I think. (I do something similar now with Torpedo Wall Of Sound by using a bass heavy cab and effectively low passing it on a separate track from the other guitars. Works fairly well.)

I have to admit that i never used it that way for any length of time. I/we only tested it,then set it aside. 2 years later,my bro with the mini mark v is using it as i stated. I always use the big subs with my 4x12s. I never use a smaller rig.

But I would never use the subs for recording. IMO they are really just for the room for me. I originally wanted to have two 1x12s on a stand up toward my chest/head area (set at an angle for wider dispersion) and the small sub as a mini rig of doom. Eventually stopped doing stuff like that when the gear collection got out of hand.

It's in my trunk! Shit is mint as hell, can't wait for my neighbors to hear this :rock: :rock: :rock:

getpubthumb

Holy crap guys, I got to sample it late last night at very low volume and this morning before work semi cranked up... I wish I got one of these things a long time ago, holy crap. My chugging has never sounded more glorious. And moving my thump knob on my Butterslax makes a huge difference now.

Using the line out on Ampete 444 straight to the Vector 210 so I can still switch amps on the dime now with the sub. This thing is cool as hell. Now I get what people mean by it being fuller and almost 3d like. The best way I can describe it is sort of like the first time you played you favorite album on a really kick ass stereo when you were kid lol. So thick and chunky fak... loving it. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Congrats, man!

I've loved my ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 for years now! Both have the built in sub and crossover.. 3D is the best description I've heard so far... I compared it to two Marshall 4x12's for a long time, and every time they ended up sounding boxy and thin to my ears. I even added in some super low frequencies from my GMajor to get an approximation, but it just wasn't the same.

Very cool. I have always been curious about these. I love deep, chunky heavy tones, and always thought I would love one. I wish they were more available.

On a related note, I have always wondered if I would like modelers better with FRFR monitors if I got the matching sub. Something to add that 3D chunk to the tone so it didn't sound like a fizzy thud. I know I love my computer speakers for music with the sub that sits under the desk. It definitely adds that 3D sound that fills the room.

Any updates since this? I still rock mine, an SL i have had for like 15 years. Still works lime a charm. Bought mine from DerekB from rock solid amps way back from the HC days.

I have been using the Vector 210 for years, mainly for in-room thump. I pair it with all kinds of cabs, from 412 to 112. I just like having the flexibility of a dedicated sub. Definitely a fun toy...not really necessary with a 412 but can bring a 112 to mega status. I have a Glaswerks Thiele 1x12 with an EVM12L Black Label, and with the Vector 210 connected it's pretty insane!

412 + sub can be fun too, and as mentioned makes everything a bit more 3d. Madison Square Bedroom rejoice!

Back