Bare knuckle boot camp pickups?

mchn13

Anyone know what the deal is with these? About to collect parts to build a shredder tele, and the boot camp brute force pickup looks like a good deal.

What would you like to know?
They're designed to take some of the guesswork out of navigating the huge BKP range, by presenting a simplified decision structure and pickup designs that hit the key characteristics that people generally want in each output range. The models are still "full-fat" BKPs, they're just able to be built up as stock since they have greatly reduced options (in terms of bobbin colours, cover options, wiring etc), so that they can be sold for a lower price, unlike the main range where each pickup needs to be built to order because of how many option variables there are.

The Brute Force humbuckers are designed to be very tight and clear, bright on top without a harsh resonant peak, and warm/juicy enough to convince most people the bridge is AlNiCo when it is in fact ceramic. If you like high output pickups, it's hard to go wrong :)

The demos that Rabea did for each model sound very good. I may try a set of Brute Force in my 7 string Ibanez. Way better price point than the original line, that's for sure.

Nolly":jgv5oh70 said:
They're designed to take some of the guesswork out of navigating the huge BKP range, by presenting a simplified decision structure and pickup designs that hit the key characteristics that people generally want in each output range. The models are still "full-fat" BKPs, they're just able to be built up as stock since they have greatly reduced options (in terms of bobbin colours, cover options, wiring etc), so that they can be sold for a lower price, unlike the main range where each pickup needs to be built to order because of how many option variables there are.

The Brute Force humbuckers are designed to be very tight and clear, bright on top without a harsh resonant peak, and warm/juicy enough to convince most people the bridge is AlNiCo when it is in fact ceramic. If you like high output pickups, it's hard to go wrong :)

Thanks. You covered it. I just ran across them looking at stuff on reverb, and didn’t know what the deal was. Good to know it’s not the emg select, or the hz of the bareknuckle world.

Nolly":28imf058 said:

Dude, what is the output and the eq on the brute force.? I just put one in my dean and it might be my favorite replacing the nazgul, which has been a workhorse metal pup for me.

Back