NGD - Tyler Studio Elite

mooncobra

I got this guitar yesterday after a series of mistakes by good old Fedex. Anyhow, it got here and that is what matters. I got my first Tyler a couple months ago and really like it. It plays effortlessly and sounds great. The bridge pickup in that guitar is the Tyler Hot Retro. I really dig it. It remains tight, and sounds well defined and articulate. So, I heard about the Tyler Japan line. I watched demos and read a lot, and James Tyler says they are literally the exact same guitar as the US made models. I saw one for sale and it was a great looking guitar. So, I researched more and decided to go for it and try a Japan made Tyler. Well, I can say it is every bit as good as my US made Tyler. It sounds as good, plays as good, and I really like the bridge pickup in this one as well, it is called the Super. Its a bit more output, but it holds tight and remains articulate and well defined, I really like it a lot. The neck is spectacular, and the playability is off the charts, beyond effortless, its a great guitar. This guitar is every bit as good as my US made Tyler. Obviously, I cant speak for all the Japan made Tyler guitars, but this one is a winner. If you have a chance to play one, take it. You can get them for quite a bit less than their US brethren, and for the cash you get an amazing guitar.

halebox":15max6ie said:
Nice! I want to try a Tyler at some point

definitely do it, I have wondered about them for years and finally decided to try one and I was blown away. Heavy duty super strat. I have only tried two Tyler pickups that came in my guitars, but they are both amazing. I usually struggle to find pickups that I like a lot. so far, 2 for 2 on Tyler pups. I like the middle and neck single coils also. Usually I don't like single coils at all.

Cool.

The US Tylers I played years ago were magnificent. I begging and begged for a 7 string but they said nope.

Back