Axe FX III: High Gain Amp Demos

BYTOR

The player is Camilo Velandia. Rhythm demos start at 0:15. Lead demos start at 8:06

GEAR USED
Gibson 1960 Reissue
Mama Historic '59 Pickups
Yamaha Revstar RS 620

I gotta be honest... I haven't liked the tone in any of the vids he's posted with the AxeIII which is weird because I like Fractals amp models.

The new Boss GT-1000 sounds way more realer.
And that for $1500 less!
Looks like the lead of FAS is deminishing repadly.

Try it and you will find out.

BTW this is a good one for reference.
Totaly blows the snaxe out the Watah
?wmode=opaque" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true">

DADA":bsy7gxqo said:

The BE model seems to be a bit closer to the actual amp to my ears, of course, I dont have an Engl Savage, VH4, or Soldano, but they seemed slightly less represented in the modeling from what Ive heard of them compared to the BE. The Fractal modern seemed really good.

DADA":1dakp2vo said:

If this is good maybe some proud Axiii owner can post something better? This is absolutely PATHETIC sounding for 2500 bucks. Wow

I'm guessing he just picked an amp and left at default settings. much like anyone going into a store and turning on an amp and just playing, i'm sure it's not set the way you would like it. My III is awesome. Longtime II and ultra before that user.

All of these sound like shit. Sorry to be that guy but they really do sound awful. Maybe better in a mix?. Surely AXE 3 can do much, much better than this.

dpeterson":107swyu7 said:
I'm guessing he just picked an amp and left at default settings. much like anyone going into a store and turning on an amp and just playing, i'm sure it's not set the way you would like it. My III is awesome. Longtime II and ultra before that user.
Oh I'm sure but that's what makes it so unfortunate. EVERYONE always complains about preset tones. If you're going to go through the trouble of making the playthrough, get the best tones you can. Of COURSE the III sounds amazing. Fractal stuff is top notch. I loved the tones of my AX8, just hated editing.

I also get that this vid, whether we like it or not, is great for his channel. Gets a LOT of views as there aren't a ton out in the wild. I ain't mad at him. Just wish he'd have dialed them in a bit.

I don't post here often but just stopping by to say a Katana sounds better. :LOL: :LOL:

It will just take some of these guys time to figure out the unit and tweak it. It's probably more than capable. I mean listen to AX8 demos! Some are pretty damm impressive especially consider the thing is only $1099.

guitarbilly74":1xohrnm4 said:
I don't post here often but just stopping by to say a Katana sounds better. :LOL: :LOL:
Dude I lol’d!

JerEvil":1odcxccz said:
guitarbilly74":1odcxccz said:
Dude I lol’d!

That's pretty savage not going to lie :LOL: :LOL:

I like the Helix better based on this video.