Great Friedman BE-50 Demo (Dave Weiner)

Wow, the clean and lower gain tones are awesome. However, the high gain tones sound generic and blurry with a mushy bottom end.

psychodave":2n76m41s said:
Wow, the clean and lower gain tones are awesome. However, the high gain tones sound generic and blurry with a mushy bottom end.
Yeah, but keep in mind everything was set at noon

psychodave":muejk3xr said:
Again, lots of love out there for generic and blurry with mushy bottom end. :LOL: :LOL:

LP Freak":1xj1qa4b said:
psychodave":1xj1qa4b said:
Again, lots of love out there for generic and blurry with mushy bottom end. :LOL: :LOL:

I hear what I hear. I guess I have a more discerning ear then others. Seems like it’s to a fault around here. :LOL: :LOL:

Cleans and low gain sounded great.

I’ve praised the BE50 a lot on here. The real magic is Master volumes on 2+. I think the demo is really good, but I don’t think it’s the best representation of what the amp does “in room”. I have yet to hear a demo online that nails the “in room” sound.

For that, it has to be in JerEvil’s hands.

But this guy did a great job. Reza also does pretty thorough clips.

Junk Yard Dog":1emls2us said:
I’ve praised the BE50 a lot on here. The real magic is Master volumes on 2+. I think the demo is really good, but I don’t think it’s the best representation of what the amp does “in room”. I have yet to hear a demo online that nails the “in room” sound.

Lol! I’m in!!! I’d love to do a vid for one of these guys.

TBH, I don't think it was a great demo....it was more like a video manual. He never explored the tones of the amp really, just went over the features. Nor did he really set the amp up to sound very heavy, and when the gain was higher it has lots of honk... Who buys a Friedman to go for sounds like that?....chicka chang chang indeed. Not doing the amp any favors.....Now Mark Day's video manual of the BE100, while simpler....man, demonstrated some monster tones and made you want to buy the amp.

JerEvil":1lidf91u said:

That would be awesome :rock:

Love this guy, always so humble and down to earth. Also can play tha guitar......

Great sounding head but i would if loved to hear the heavier side of it too. But overall a very articulate amp.

Fantastic amp! Love mine! OMG...the last thing this amp would be is mushy or generic. Seriously.

Purpleibby":c7jhrbam said:
TBH, I don't think it was a great demo....it was more like a video manual. He never explored the tones of the amp really, just went over the features. Nor did he really set the amp up to sound very heavy, and when the gain was higher it has lots of honk... Who buys a Friedman to go for sounds like that?....chicka chang chang indeed. Not doing the amp any favors.....Now Mark Day's video manual of the BE100, while simpler....man, demonstrated some monster tones and made you want to buy the amp.

JerEvil":c7jhrbam said:

This guy did a good features tutorial: I agree. However, not the best representation of the amp. We need more clips/demos/videos of what the amp can sound like 'in room', but dialed in for sounds people want out of these amps, i.e. like what's it's Plexi sound like, what's it's 80's hair metal tone, what's it's heaviest metal tone, clean, blues, etc. I didn't like the Sweetwater Demo either: too much talking and again, I don't think their in room sound captured what my BE50 does. ...Yes, I forgot about Mark Day's demos. He's another one that gets great hard rock/metal tones in his demos.

Junk Yard Dog":37ro3wsg said:
Purpleibby":37ro3wsg said:

JerEvil":37ro3wsg said:

This guy did a good features tutorial: I agree. However, not the best representation of the amp. We need more clips/demos/videos of what the amp can sound like 'in room', but dialed in for sounds people want out of these amps, i.e. like what's it's Plexi sound like, what's it's 80's hair metal tone, what's it's heaviest metal tone, clean, blues, etc. I didn't like the Sweetwater Demo either: too much talking and again, I don't think their in room sound captured what my BE50 does.
I’m definitely going to reach out and see if I can get one for demo.

For a video that long, I was hoping for something more. He spent the entire video with the dials at noon and didn't bother to tell you until the very end that he'd spent the first 95% of the video on the lowest gain mode. That little disclaimer would have been helpful up front... :D

JerEvil":3rk4i1vs said:
Junk Yard Dog":3rk4i1vs said:

Just don’t leave the knobs at noon for high gain... otherwise it will be lacking like this video.

Reza seems to make good amps sound crappy as well. Maybe it’s poor production or lack of experience?

psychodave":1um8mfbc said:
JerEvil":1um8mfbc said:
Junk Yard Dog":1um8mfbc said:

Just don’t leave the knobs at noon for high gain... otherwise it will be lacking like this video.

Reza seems to make good amps sound crappy as well. Maybe it’s poor production or lack of experience?
Have you checked out my recent KSR Juno vids (not meant to sound snarky, by the way)? The “knob turner” seems to be getting good feedback. It’d be more like that. You know... IF Friedman would even be interested. I added time stamps in the description so people can skip to the bits that interest them.

There are full mix clips I did as well.

Maybe I am not hearing what you guys are because that to me is a horrible demo of that amp. Sounds dark, woofy, and loose. I think i have pretty much established that it isn't an amp for me though... now a SLO... shezam! Wish i could get my hands and wallet, on one of them.

Good player and a fairly thorough run thru of the amp, it has a ton of options to cover. But I wasn't really digging the tone. Don't get me wrong; I never hated it or anything but also never heard anything that made me want to buy it. And the cleans weren't that great and clean is pretty important to me. But then I have no idea how those PRS humbuckers sound when split, it could have just been the guitar.

JerEvil":4vx62glv said:
psychodave":4vx62glv said:
JerEvil":4vx62glv said:
Junk Yard Dog":4vx62glv said:

Have you checked out my recent KSR Juno vids (not meant to sound snarky, by the way)? The “knob turner” seems to be getting good feedback. It’d be more like that. You know... IF Friedman would even be interested. I added time stamps in the description so people can skip to the bits that interest them.

There are full mix clips I did as well.

I just watched 80% of that KSR video and that amp sounds great. I really like how you went through the knobs. Great demo.

Back