Line 6 Helix - Mick Mars "Live Wire" tone attempt

JerEvil":3rhhuqyz said:
fender126":3rhhuqyz said:
That was great! One of my favorite Crue songs of all time! I think a tad more "sizzle" on the high end and it will be perfect! :rawk:
Awesome man! I'll post the vid for sure this weekend.

Got my "backing band" to sing the "I'm Alive" parts. They consist of my wife and kids! LOL! I think I will be able to do a good Vince approximation, high note included...
Given your talents I have no doubt! :worship: I love the old Crue classics! When I was in my old cover band back in NY those songs always went over well. On a side note....all this is not helping my Helix gas! :LOL: :LOL:
Oh man, this album, Shout at the Devil, Stay Hungry... that was my stuff growing up! I will add to the list of tones I am going to attempt to recreate. I am mostly doing it for fun but also, there is a bit of a good classic Hard Rock/Heavy Metal hole in the demo arena for Helix.

As far as Helix GAS, I am still impressed on the reg's with this thing. It is so amazingly simple to program and get good sounds. I will be making these patches available for free download for sure. I will probably recreate them for the HX Edit and Native as well since they have so many formats now.
Agreed on the albums!! We also covered a bunch of Twisted Sister songs (and had the pleasure of opening for them twice) and they were so much fun....just straight up rock and roll! Burn in Hell is one of my all time favorites.

I have been watching and reading your posts on the Helix and think I am getting close to pulling the trigger. Your clips all sound great! I do like the simplicity you mention because I find myself losing interest in modelers if I have to spend countless hours tweaking just to find a good base tone (at least to my ears). I actually use a POD HD for practice and some light recording so I figure transitioning to the Helix would be a natural progression.
Cool man! FWIW, I own the Helix Floor, Helix Rack & Controller, Helix Native AND the HX Effects. I have had the Kemper, AX8, Amplifire, etc. They all had their pluses and minuses for me, but at the end of the day, Helix kills it for me and my needs plus... it's dead fun to play! You really can dial in tones quickly. You should try the free demo of Native for 15 days if you have any kind of recording setup at home. This way you can play around with everything and decide if it's for you.

I can't recommend it enough.
Will Do! I usually use Reaper but just downloaded the free version of Cakewalk by Bandlab so using the free Helix Native trial would be a good excuse to try both out.

fender126":9erwhav9 said:
JerEvil":9erwhav9 said:
That was great! One of my favorite Crue songs of all time! I think a tad more "sizzle" on the high end and it will be perfect! :rawk:
Awesome man! I'll post the vid for sure this weekend.

Got my "backing band" to sing the "I'm Alive" parts. They consist of my wife and kids! LOL! I think I will be able to do a good Vince approximation, high note included...
Given your talents I have no doubt! :worship: I love the old Crue classics! When I was in my old cover band back in NY those songs always went over well. On a side note....all this is not helping my Helix gas! :LOL: :LOL:
Oh man, this album, Shout at the Devil, Stay Hungry... that was my stuff growing up! I will add to the list of tones I am going to attempt to recreate. I am mostly doing it for fun but also, there is a bit of a good classic Hard Rock/Heavy Metal hole in the demo arena for Helix.

As far as Helix GAS, I am still impressed on the reg's with this thing. It is so amazingly simple to program and get good sounds. I will be making these patches available for free download for sure. I will probably recreate them for the HX Edit and Native as well since they have so many formats now.
Agreed on the albums!! We also covered a bunch of Twisted Sister songs (and had the pleasure of opening for them twice) and they were so much fun....just straight up rock and roll! Burn in Hell is one of my all time favorites.

I have been watching and reading your posts on the Helix and think I am getting close to pulling the trigger. Your clips all sound great! I do like the simplicity you mention because I find myself losing interest in modelers if I have to spend countless hours tweaking just to find a good base tone (at least to my ears). I actually use a POD HD for practice and some light recording so I figure transitioning to the Helix would be a natural progression.
Cool man! FWIW, I own the Helix Floor, Helix Rack & Controller, Helix Native AND the HX Effects. I have had the Kemper, AX8, Amplifire, etc. They all had their pluses and minuses for me, but at the end of the day, Helix kills it for me and my needs plus... it's dead fun to play! You really can dial in tones quickly. You should try the free demo of Native for 15 days if you have any kind of recording setup at home. This way you can play around with everything and decide if it's for you.

I can't recommend it enough.
Will Do! I usually use Reaper but just downloaded the free version of Cakewalk by Bandlab so using the free Helix Native trial would be a good excuse to try both out.
Heck yeah!

Back